Flow Society vs. GRV Family

DeletedUser

This is going to be a novel. Just a heads up.

Over the past few months there has been a tribe in the small East corner of w59. A tribe of friends, of teaching, of new and old, of respect for the game if not for the players in it. This tribe was Flow. I created this tribe initially to teach young players the game the way I learned it, where you played for fun, spammed as often as possible, and made enemies and friends depending on the day.

In the beginning, I led without leading, trying to make friends rather than trying to create a real tribe. This inspired several players to play with me, to remain on the world even though they didnt like it because they had fun with Flow. However, as time passed and we began jumping in the rankings (and as my job got more and more stressful...no correlation) my leadership took a turn for the worse.

We were allied with the GRV family. Many of the players in k47 were friends, people that I respected and had initially been helping. =TNP= was the tribe I was initially attached to, serving to help teach their less experienced members the ways of the game. That tribe merged into GRV, and they decided to carry over the alliance.

The early days of that alliance went well. We worked together in the early battle against HunT, before they merged and became FiG. Both tribes had respect for each other, despite the size disparity. Things were going swimmingly. Flow declared war on Pixel, at them up, and moved on to MMA.

MMA was a tribe slightly larger than Flow was, but a bit more spread out. I asked dragonsmirk, leader of GRV, if they would leave the war to us. My reasons were simple; I wanted to test my players against a formidable foe. We attacked MMA, they struck back. However, after we were fighting off and on for a week, GRV declared war on them as well. This led to many complaints from MMA members about how we were "weak" and "running to GRV", but it also led to cross noblings and strife between the tribes. Now, this was not a huge matter to me, except for the lack of respect coming from GRV. We were hit by all the offence MMA could bring to bear, yet the GRV family stepped in and took villages, some without claiming them in the shared claims forum. There was a slight miscommunication, and our noble planner was only shared with GRV-2. Then GRV decided to recruit a player from MMA. Refugee, recruited by a mass recruiting family tribe; not surprising. Upon request, he was kicked. However, when we said we were going to recruit a player, we were told that would not be allowed. This was the beginning of the breakdown between the tribes.

I am a hotheaded individual. I speak my mind, I joke, and without /sarcasm tags its hard to tell the difference. Apparently, I am the number one reason for the breakdown of the relationships between the tribes.

Then things started getting out of hand. I heard stories of GRV seeking to war us. People began running. Half of the council of Flow left. They blamed me. They said it was my leadership that made them leave the tribe and join GRV. I said it was cowardice, they were scared for their villages.

[spoil]
lucylastic on 31.01. at 06:32
i dont have your command of english flow.
i like this tribe but i dislike you as a leader. i find you controlling and i dislike being told what to do.
i speak my mind if you dislike it tough.
if i leave will i be on the target list?
[/spoil]

[spoil]
pr0d1cles0n on 01.02. at 00:56
no flow it wont be... :(

I thought i could do it, but i cant. I respect you as a player...and as a friend, which is why i am telling you rather than just walking away....

I dont like the way you have started running the tribe...at the start it was more democratic, everyone had a say and the final say was a vote....you have slowly turned it into more of a discussion, with you deciding.

there is no point either of us trying to change, it wont work, that is your style, and you are good at it...

pr0d1cles0n on 01.02. at 02:30
you are a great leader....for a tribe that suits your leadership style....

You need advisors, not a council......

a council is for complete democracy.....your style suits more of a ONE MAN leads, type of tribe.....not necassarily a dictatorship, because you do listen to reason, and you do take advice....sometimes ;p.
[/spoil]

This is what two former dukes said. Two dukes told me that they didnt like taking orders and they didnt have power. Sad, from what I see. From my angle, things were simple. I asked about everything. I made a post in our hidden forums before doing anything asking for input, I required new recruits to talk to people within the tribe so that someone else would recommend them to create a tribe of friends rather than a tribe of my friends. The problem was, nobody bothered helping. Surely I am going to make decisions if I get no input, if I get no advice. You cant run a tribe without someone making decisions, and if nobody helps me make those decisions then youre going to have someone that seems to do everything. Within 24 hours of them leaving I had a new council set up that has proved more friendly and helpful, and more beneficial to the tribe, than anything before that. Those are the players that I discussed leaving the tribe with, that showed me the good and bad of the situation and helped me form my opinion. It was a relief to finally have people with common sense helping me make the decisions rather than complaining about the decisions they could have told me not to make.

Moving forward, we see those players now:

[spoil]pr0d1cles0n
None Flow 24th November 2011 - 08:06:03 448
Flow None 31st January 2012 - 15:13:29 25,969
None GRV-2 01st February 2012 - 16:13:48 26,539[/spoil]

[spoil]lucylastic
None Flow 01st December 2011 - 22:05:33 572
Flow GRV-2 31st January 2012 - 19:13:48 22,965[/spoil]

Then came the village claims. GRV players (who we now had a shared noble planner with) began claiming our villages, sending invites to everyone within the tribe, and overall strongarming Flow players into merging. It worked, to some extent. The weak players that I figured would run did. Really solid recruitment, picking up people that are scared of a fight. Those players will run just as quickly when GRV is attacked by anyone larger than they are, but no matter. Flow began to condense into a group of people that liked and respected each other, back to the way I intended things to be. The noble planner showed claims from GRV on Flow villages, quite funny really. We dont have a frontline to stack, but seeing

[spoil]
shameerclaimedvillas.jpg

claimedbyally.jpg
[/spoil]

brought a good trololol to my lips.

Then I received this mail today while at work, explaining the reasons why GRV was going to attack us.

[spoil]
Dragonsmirk on 03.02. at 18:32
It's got to the point where we can't talk without argueing. The issues I have raised with you about being asked not to attack MMA have not been understood or resolved. I'm fed up with Flow asking to noble our inactives or king pad and acting like they are entitled to do so. You have even said in the past when things were going well that one day we will fight. Do you know what those combined actions say to me? That you want to push us out of k47 until you are ready to attack us. You appear to be quite anti-women so you're never going to be able to work with me. You moan about us having no respect for you, but you don't have any respect for us.
[/spoil]

Just to clarify things, the player that posted in the forums about King Pad was pr0d1cles0n. The player that nobled one of their inactives was Eekian [spoil]Flow None 02nd February 2012 - 04:11:07 29,563
None GRV-2 02nd February 2012 - 07:10:53 29,611
GRV-2 GRV 02nd February 2012 - 18:11:39 29,753[/spoil]. Common sense dictates that we will fight eventually, as per the rules for winning the world. The MMA war was water under the boat. I asked, they declined, and I moved on (after making sure the refugee they recruited was kicked).

Anti-woman? I let my girlfriend join the tribe, a girl that I have been dating for almost two years now. You dont last that long in a relationship with a girl if youre sexist, thats for sure.

On the other hand, several times I had stated that dragon was a smart woman and I was wondering where she was while her tribemates claimed our villages and threatened us. She always seemed to have a level head, which is why this nonsense surprised me. Of course, then I saw this:

[spoil]
Dragonsmirk on 03.02. at 19:27
There is a solution to this, but it's probably one you won't like. And yes, if I really analyse it, the problems with flow stem from one person and we both know who that is. People have left flow because of him, flow now have a strong council that can keep him in check. But you really keep him in check? He's still there on the forums mouthing off and you can't change that. That is fundamentally who he is.

At first I thought us and Flow might have been able to take on the world by taking on other tribes together one by one. At the risk of sounding like a cracked record, FLow doesn't want to do that. He told us to back off from the MMA war. Which is like claiming a whole tribe. For a war like that on our doorstep where there were villages in an area we both want to noble in, we should have worked together. Then we could have gone on an worked together to take FiG or Time or whichever side we decided to fall on.

If you want this alliance to work the only way I can see this happening is if you kick flowtech and work with us to noble him.

Dragon.
[/spoil]

Keeping me in check seems to be the issue, along with having me mouthing off in the forums. Perhaps I have not been as nice as I should have been, but such things happen. After talking with the new council, I decided that it was in the best interests of the tribe if I left. This is so everyone is aware of the agreement, so everyone is held responsible for what they are responsible for. GRV mass recruits, they dont even bother screening their recruits, they recruit refugees and cowards, they recruit their problems, and they only have the balls to attack an allied tribe thats less than 1/10th the size of the family. Sure, FiG was an enemy close in proximity and size, and a tribe already fighting a war on one front, but what can we expect from GRV? Why would they have fun and attack someone that would offer some form of competition? I do not delude myself here, I am as good as rimmed. Instead, I wish that the whole world is made aware of how GRV holds their friends.

I feel most sorry for the poor souls that joined them after leaving us. The family tribe only really has two options for expansion, as they are too scared to attack a formidable opponent. These are barb nobling and internalling, the latter of which will probably fall to the new recruits. Such is the way of things. Family tribes never last, but families last forever.

To end this sad spiel I will make a promise; for every village I lose, I shall do 1000 pushups. Hopefully this shall encourage the family of huggers and oathbreakers to send more nukes, because in reality thats the purpose of this game: war.

BRING AN END TO THE TYRANNY!

If you feel froggish, please leap. Im waiting with open legs (thats for you, dragon). The disrespectful and arrogant arse that I have been is about ready for you to stand by your word.

Thats what this comes down to: war.

I hope you enjoyed the novel, and in closing, a picture for all you PnP haters out there:

[spoil]
awwhereitgoes.png
[/spoil]

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Interesting declaration of one player vs. GRV, very straightforward, which I actually appreciate. Also ironic considering my earlier mail with Flowtech about what would happen as far as this world goes, and definitely an interesting twist on the completely twist-filled Northeast. Or it will be, if Flow decides to support their old leader (Flowtech).

Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

like i said flow has a good command of the english language and can use it to good advantage to twist the narrative to put him in a good light.
i certainly dont remember the situation as he describes it.
but the facts remain. his tribe is under attack.
flowtech has bolted and left the poor buggers to it

lucyx

slinkiestwizard

like i said flow has a good command of the english language and can use it to good advantage to twist the narrative to put him in a good light.
i certainly dont remember the situation as he describes it.
but the facts remain. his tribe is under attack.
flowtech has bolted and left the poor buggers to it

lucyx

To me it looks like flow has put them selves on the dinner plates as tonights special :lol:

DeletedUser59718

Was this thread really necessary? Sorry Flow, but I don't understand the reason for this thread or for who's benefit this is for. Your insulting players that you consider friends, those who you've played with for weeks at a time. I just don't understand the sudden shift in friendship with your old tribemates.

DeletedUser

To be fair, I'd be insulting my former tribemates if they all left me without warning for the enemy, just because they didn't feel represented when they too were dukes and every decision was discussed before being made. I mean, at least have the courtesy to make a new tribe instead, but joining the enemy? Ouch. Not to talk bad about GRV, but those ex-Flow guys didn't seem very loyal to me.

DeletedUser

This thread was to ensure that you do your half of the deal.

Slinky, Flow is doing fine ;)

On the other hand, lucy, you talk of bolting. I left Flow to see if you would stick to your word and cease attacks on the tribe. The first thing I did when tribeless was create a new tribe and declare on GRV. If that is bolting I hate to see who taught you how to play. Actually, its quite the opposite, me offering my villages in return for the safety of my tribe. Regardless, this will be a fun way to mark my retreat from this world.

Rob, the shift in friendship didnt begin with me. Suddenly I found out who was willing to stick by me, the players that said they wont play without me leading the tribe vs the players that left because I was leading it. It brings things to a new light, especially when Lucy and prod both told me that Flow was the reason they stayed on this world. Makes them seem shallow, when they leave the only thing that made them stay on this world :p

DeletedUser

They found better meaning us,lol.

Better? Eh, who stacked you against the last train you killed? Who told you which attack was which and whos support died?

Oh yeah. Mine. Keep your head down when you cant even protect your own villas. Real solid ally right there matey.

DeletedUser

Better in a family tribe. I didn't think I could ever see it happen so arrogantly :icon_eek:.

DeletedUser

i think flow you are very angry.
whatever i say you re not going to listen.
its a shame, when i joined flow i quickly gained respect for you with your knowledge and flashes of genius.
but you wore down that respect with your arrogance and do as i say attitude.
i remember being ready to noble my first vill whatever one i wanted you shot down in flames!
and lets not forget the no-barb rule! when you wanted to noble barbs it was ok then when saturn did it you decided to internal him.
thats when i left.

perhaps one day we ll work again. once you ve grown up and learnt how to handle people without threats and insults.
you were once my friend, i hope one day you will be again

lucy x

DeletedUser

i think flow you are very angry.
whatever i say you re not going to listen.
its a shame, when i joined flow i quickly gained respect for you with your knowledge and flashes of genius.
but you wore down that respect with your arrogance and do as i say attitude.
i remember being ready to noble my first vill whatever one i wanted you shot down in flames!
and lets not forget the no-barb rule! when you wanted to noble barbs it was ok then when saturn did it you decided to internal him.
thats when i left.

perhaps one day we ll work again. once you ve grown up and learnt how to handle people without threats and insults.
you were once my friend, i hope one day you will be again

lucy x

Well, to be fair, you picked 300 point villas for your first noble. I was correct in asking that you find a larger target. Do as I say? From the leader of the tribe? Who would ever expect that?! :icon_redface:

Actually, this is quite fun for me. I really enjoy the fight, and this will be a good one.

The no barb rule was in place because people refused to participate in ops. Internalling a player who doesnt take part in the doings of the tribe is another thing that nobody should do, right? But the post in the council section was up for a month, with you commenting on it. You never said you didnt agree, you never said it was a bad idea...until I actually put his villages up for internalling, at which point you ran.

Sadly, hes still in Flow. You left. Seems like a pretty poor excuse to me.

Hey, I only removed you from my friends list so you couldnt see when I was online :p

DeletedUser

Seems to me like you're just showing no one likes you because you're a bad leader. lol

DeletedUser

This sucks Flow.

I'm not qutting, but I'm not hanging around if its not under your leadership.

And i'm not joining GRV.

I'll talk with Fig or Time

See you on the flip side mate, its been an honour serving with you. I agree with your past decisions mate, they were always for the good of your tribe.

Catch you round on Skype?

yes, thats exactly what is is.

DeletedUser

Oh yay! Fun :)

Enjoy the war Flow, and screw the noobs annoying you.

DeletedUser

Noble, EEE (739|502) , K57 001 Attack of the Awesome (757|438) K47 EEE (739|502) K57 chefen in town on 06.02. at 06:56:01:498 37:57:18
Noble, DDDDDD (731|498) , K47 001 Attack of the Awesome (757|438) K47 DDDDDD (731|498) K47 chefen in town on 06.02. at 06:56:19:855 37:57:36
Noble, EEE (739|502) , K57 001 Attack of the Awesome (757|438) K47 EEE (739|502) K57 chefen in town on 06.02. at 06:56:52:246 37:58:09
Noble, DDDDDD (731|498) , K47 001 Attack of the Awesome (757|438) K47 DDDDDD (731|498) K47 chefen in town on 06.02. at 06:57:02:155

train incoming from the big guy..thought the coordination he has was humorous.

DeletedUser

Seems the entire northeast is filled with scumbags *trollface*

DeletedUser

Well I am not to judge anyone as I don't know most of the people in Flow or GRV

But then again, this kinds of things are bound to happen, it maybe today or tomorrow. But hell it really is sad to bolt and leave your former tribe because there is a threat or a misunderstanding. Those who left Flow, left because there is a threat not because of this thing or that. Oh come on your not going to tell me GRV's invitation and internal issues your having happened within a day.

No matter how you look at it you sold out your tribe for another, even if you hate the guy or whatever leadership he has.

P.S.
It was bad to stop people wanting to noble barbs since its their choice how they play it but hey barb nobling? early in the stage really?