Forcing access to accounts for troop counts

DeletedUser

Hi everybody,

A short while ago my partner in real life was "told" by her Duke that she "must" allow access to her account for troop count verification.
She pointed out that her account is private and that she would not give him access but that he should have her villages scouted. He then insited that she allow him access and told her that she would be dismissed if she did not.

I am aware, through my own experiences, that there is a current "fashion" on all worlds for this type of thing to happen and indeed it is commonplace for tribes to insist on access to tribemembers' accounts to check on troop levels and when meeting with resistance to then "force" compliance.

Just so that everybody is aware of the rules i am publishing this Support Request question on many world forums:

Hi,
According to this rule:

"Any attempt of phishing will be strongly punished. This includes phishing for account information (like passwords) and ingame information (like troop counts). "

According to this it is against the rules to "force" access to an account by blackmail or threat or by any method?

Thanks for your help,
Blue

Bandit Jul 07,2009 02:07
Hello BlueAvenger,

Yes it is. Blackmailing for anything is illegal.

Sincerely,

Kim/Bandit of the West
Tribalwars Support

In passing: I would also point out that insisting on access to someone's account before they join a tribe is also likely to be considered breaking the rules but as yet i have not checked it out.

I hope that from now on everybody will be aware of the rule and report any such "forcing" by raising a Service Request.

DeletedUser

troops check is common as most serious dukes of noob tribes will try to make certain that that the players are doing things right. Even if the rules tell you you are right, the duke may kick you out of the tribe for this, no idea what will happen here though.

hope it helps.

DeletedUser

In passing: I would also point out that insisting on access to someone's account before they join a tribe is also likely to be considered breaking the rules but as yet i have not checked it out.
No it is not breaking the rules, as you don't have to join a tribe. If you don't want your account checked there is a simple solution, don't join the tribe. If the rules of the tribe are that you should get an account check, then you should give an account check or don't join simple as that, there is nothing forcing nor blackmailing about it.

I want an account check for every invite, and this is not against any TW rules because we don't force you to join. It is our tribe and our rules, if you don't like the rules then simply don't join.

DeletedUser

It IS illegal for him to threaten to kick you out, but don't expect to be part of any tribes very long if you don't do this. It's part of the game.

(If you're bigger then the duke, they generally wont ask for account sits.)

DeletedUser

It IS illegal for him to threaten to kick you out, but don't expect to be part of any tribes very long if you don't do this. It's part of the game.

(If you're bigger then the duke, they generally wont ask for account sits.)

Not if you tell him the rules before he joins and make him agree, I think...

DeletedUser

Lol, it's blackmail. So it is illegal. But, as I said, it's part of the game.

DeletedUser

I never get why some people are so secretive of their accounts.

Been cybering through mails or something?

DeletedUser

Lol, it's blackmail. So it is illegal. But, as I said, it's part of the game.

If the player knows the rules of the tribe, and is given the chance to join the tribe and accept the rules, or not join the tribe, I don't think it's blackmail as he knows what he can expect...

I feel like putting in a support ticket :)

DeletedUser

Sent this in:

Dear TW staff,

I was wondering. If you make rules in your tribe, saying that everyone that wants to join the tribe needs to undergo an account check(10 minutes account sitting to check out the account) by one of the leaders, is this against the rules/blackmail?

I personally was thinking it is not against the rules, as you are not forcing the person to do anything: The person knows the requires to join and has the option to choose to join or not.

And let me rephrase it in another way:
Is it against the rules, if new recruits have to sign the rules, which say that when suspected of espionage/sabotage, the leaders have the right to demand an account check?(keeping in mind that the leaders won't do anything wrong with the account/against the will of the account owner, but just look around. And all of this is noted down and signed by the player).

grtz,
warham

DeletedUser

We don't do that. Only before wars to make sure everyone is doing good and then we stack frontline villages. We're ranked 25 so I'd say noobier.

Contradictions are irratating to read.

DeletedUser

Dear TW staff,

I was wondering. If you make rules in your tribe, saying that everyone that wants to join the tribe needs to undergo an account check(10 minutes account sitting to check out the account) by one of the leaders, is this against the rules/blackmail?

I personally was thinking it is not against the rules, as you are not forcing the person to do anything: The person knows the requires to join and has the option to choose to join or not.

And let me rephrase it in another way:
Is it against the rules, if new recruits have to sign the rules, which say that when suspected of espionage/sabotage, the leaders have the right to demand an account check?(keeping in mind that the leaders won't do anything wrong with the account/against the will of the account owner, but just look around. And all of this is noted down and signed by the player).

grtz,
warham
Petert Jul 08,2009 01:32
Hello warham,

If they player agrees to be account sat to join the tribe, and agrees to be account sat on demand when accused of being a spy then it is not blackmail or breeching any rules.

Sincerely,

Petert,
Senior In-game Moderator

Jul 08,2009 01:36
But if he later on, after signing the rules, gets dismissed for not wanting to give an account check, or threatened to dismiss if not wanting to give an account check, would that be against the rules?
Petert Jul 08,2009 02:12
Its their tribe. If they want to run account sitting checks, then they can do them. If they dismiss someone who refuses an account sit, then they are in their right to dismiss them.

Sincerely,

Petert,
Senior In-Game Moderator.

DeletedUser

When I joined warhams tribe, VIP, back in the days, he threatened me with butt raping if I don't let him account sit me, can I report him?

DeletedUser

No. Learn to accept the way life works, and after you accept it..

bend over and enjoy it.

DeletedUser

I think non updated siggys should be against the rules.

I am ranked 7th with 1.9 million points and 199 villages. like god!