Forcing access to accounts for troop counts

DeletedUser

Hi everybody,

A short while ago my partner in real life was "told" by her Duke that she "must" allow access to her account for troop count verification.
She pointed out that her account is private and that she would not give him access but that he should have her villages scouted. He then insited that she allow him access and told her that she would be dismissed if she did not.

I am aware, through my own experiences, that there is a current "fashion" on all worlds for this type of thing to happen and indeed it is commonplace for tribes to insist on access to tribemembers' accounts to check on troop levels and when meeting with resistance to then "force" compliance.

Just so that everybody is aware of the rules i am publishing this Support Request question on many world forums:

Hi,
According to this rule:

"Any attempt of phishing will be strongly punished. This includes phishing for account information (like passwords) and ingame information (like troop counts). "

According to this it is against the rules to "force" access to an account by blackmail or threat or by any method?

Thanks for your help,
Blue

Bandit Jul 07,2009 02:07
Hello BlueAvenger,

Yes it is. Blackmailing for anything is illegal.

Sincerely,

Kim/Bandit of the West
Tribalwars Support

In passing: I would also point out that insisting on access to someone's account before they join a tribe is also likely to be considered breaking the rules but as yet i have not checked it out.

I hope that from now on everybody will be aware of the rule and report any such "forcing" by raising a Service Request.

DeletedUser62177

The reason people do it is to check for troop counts, NO ONE gets forced, if they want to join a tribe they get sat.
sorry but very trivial topic, you would understand when you gte more experienced

DeletedUser

Out of the tribe she goes :)If she want to play by herself then she should play by herself.

DeletedUser

It's not forcing access to accounts to have a policy of account sitting to check for spies or troops counts, if someone doesn't like it they can leave their tribe and find another.

Although most of the better ones will want to sit new members to check they aren't refugees and actually have enough troops to be worth inviting...

DeletedUser

I guess that is one of the purpose of account sitting...:)

DeletedUser

i think it will be a joke if admin needs to step in to do anything with this. ITS A GAME,.....LET PEOPLE PLAY IT...

if someone is trying to hack an account by getting their username and pw...then fine then step in......if they tell them we need to sit u b4 u join our tribe....then let it go....if they player doesnt like it then they can create or go find another tribe.

people need to stop whining to the admin about every little thing and admin need to let people play the game.