Forcing access to accounts for troop counts

DeletedUser

Hi everybody,

A short while ago my partner in real life was "told" by her Duke that she "must" allow access to her account for troop count verification.
She pointed out that her account is private and that she would not give him access but that he should have her villages scouted. He then insited that she allow him access and told her that she would be dismissed if she did not.

I am aware, through my own experiences, that there is a current "fashion" on all worlds for this type of thing to happen and indeed it is commonplace for tribes to insist on access to tribemembers' accounts to check on troop levels and when meeting with resistance to then "force" compliance.

Just so that everybody is aware of the rules i am publishing this Support Request question on many world forums:

Hi,
According to this rule:

"Any attempt of phishing will be strongly punished. This includes phishing for account information (like passwords) and ingame information (like troop counts). "

According to this it is against the rules to "force" access to an account by blackmail or threat or by any method?

Thanks for your help,
Blue

Bandit Jul 07,2009 02:07
Hello BlueAvenger,

Yes it is. Blackmailing for anything is illegal.

Sincerely,

Kim/Bandit of the West
Tribalwars Support

In passing: I would also point out that insisting on access to someone's account before they join a tribe is also likely to be considered breaking the rules but as yet i have not checked it out.

I hope that from now on everybody will be aware of the rule and report any such "forcing" by raising a Service Request.

DeletedUser

Did he ask for a password or just ask to sit? A Duke sitting another member to see if he or she is going in the right direction is very common place... And again this is your Duke if you want to go anywhere you have to trust your tribe.

DeletedUser2119

id boot em to cant trust your tribe leaders to be in your account you do not need to be in that tribe period.

DeletedUser

id boot em to cant trust your tribe leaders to be in your account you do not need to be in that tribe period.

Totally agree. Dukes should have some way of being able to check accounts to make sure the players are playing the right way and be able to tell if a noob is filling a spot in their tribe.

DeletedUser

Ive seen the same insecurity feelings when i was duke.
Some had less than 1 full defence village, even if it was arround 20 villages.

You can check peoples using many ways: one is to do exercise with them :)
Ask them to send you his troups count and later on to ask them to suport a felow tribemate with a certain ammount of troups from 1 village.

You can scout all his villages to prove he has the amount needed as standard defence.

You can check his offence build making teams to atack targets and forward reports.

So you have a few ways to make sure you dont harbour a point whore(i mean a silly one)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

calarasi said:
You can scout all his villages to prove he has the amount needed as standard defence.
I dunno about you.. But having my duke scout me would make me posses the idea of wanting to leave that particular tribe, and take each member out 1 by 1.

But that's just me. :icon_neutral:

DeletedUser73160

I would just do it. Its not illegal. If you are so worried, only let your duke on for 2-3 minutes, therefore any damage he/she does is reversible. However in most tribes this is commonly used as a way, though not an absolute way of checking progress.

DeletedUser

I dunno about you.. But having my duke scout me would make me posses the idea of wanting to leave that particular tribe, and take each member out 1 by 1.

But that's just me. :icon_neutral:

As duke, how would you make sure ur players arent pointwhoring to a degree where you need to step in and teach them a lesson? :icon_twisted:

I had 2 cases where players had like 300 troups per village...both offence and defence and they had multiple villages...
One lost a vilage to a neighbour and made me check him and teach him and his attacker a lesson taking villages from both of them.
Second: when asked to send suport, told me he cant because....i was so upset i had to dump him and tell his tribamtes to noble him.

So: you either falow my desire to grow safely or you will die.
Because no smart players will ignore good advices.

And i had peoples refusing to be sitted and told me to scout them or get lost.
Only back up from close friends i trusted made me leave them alone.

Dukes are usually the oldest or most skilled players in an area.
I was making funn of small noobs in charge of familly tribes.
Types with 30k and rank 1 was like 150k.
Well i was rank 1 in my tribe and others had no choice than listen me or fail.

Some smart ass players used this "phishing" thing than too, to avoid me checking them.
Lets say is no prove you have bad intentions when you ask them to be sitted.

As long as sitter dont "damage" the account building walls to 20, or build defence for players with full offence villages and as defence 6000 spears as i had my biggest ODA player when sitting him.

DeletedUser

I am confused about why, if someone is unhappy with the way a tribe is run, with a duke taking sitting, etc., why that person is "forced" (as it is put here) to remain in that tribe.

I think this use of the word "forced" is rather illogical in a game where you choose your own tribe, your own leader, your own team mates, etc.

"Forced" entry into an account generally refers to gaining access via illegal means. If you turn your account sitting over to someone, they have not gained access to your account illegally. I think there is some misinterpretation of the rules here.

And if someone is doing account checks and the only thing looked at are troop counts and wall levels, then there is really no point in checking the account to begin with. Active, involved players often have lower troop counts than less active ones...there is a reason for that.

This seems to be a very strange topic...and a gross misunderstanding of the rules. I obviously don't even know where to start, and am starting to feel about as logical as the thread itself :icon_confused:

DeletedUser

I know why they come with this ideea.

Single player joins a tribe....not usually a good one.
Dukes ask to sitt them.
They dont trust them as they are new.
We all know cases of bad peoples in game.
So this ideea is posted here to see if can be used against dukes in game.

My story was like this:
I had a tribe with 30 players and i wanted 2 more( the best from a silly fam tribe)
So i decided to charm this 2 with any costs( a merge)
So i wake up with 150 players on my head, most i didnt know anything and they didnt know me.

Some smarter than others tried and some avoided me to sitt them.
You are right about active and smart players....because you can find silly cases too.

My cases: my top ODA player was never atacked so didnt needed any defence.
The 2 with no troups rejected to build troups in favour of nobling more villages(was kinda early in the game when barbarians where still growing/w14)

I adviced everyone to have some defence and stuffs(walls, barack)
When i checked them afer long talks and see whats inside..waited one more week and than i nobled the close 1 and others nobled the other one.

The top ODA started to build defence right in time for our first war.

DeletedUser

The thing is, if you recruited players that know what they're doing and show results, then there's no need to account sit to inspect their account. You just need to be more selective in your tribe's recruitment.

If you were more selective in your tribe's recruitment... I'm sure they'd ask for a night sitter, enabling you to inspect the account while not 'forcing entry'.

And, if it's you that is being asked to hand your account over via account sit to your duke, well you're obviously not producing results and should well, start producing. :icon_razz:

(I gave both sides of the argument, as I forget what side of the story we're on :icon_confused:)

DeletedUser

If you want to look at there account but they wont let you its possible there hiding somthing