Forcing access to accounts for troop counts

DeletedUser

Hi everybody,

A short while ago my partner in real life was "told" by her Duke that she "must" allow access to her account for troop count verification.
She pointed out that her account is private and that she would not give him access but that he should have her villages scouted. He then insited that she allow him access and told her that she would be dismissed if she did not.

I am aware, through my own experiences, that there is a current "fashion" on all worlds for this type of thing to happen and indeed it is commonplace for tribes to insist on access to tribemembers' accounts to check on troop levels and when meeting with resistance to then "force" compliance.

Just so that everybody is aware of the rules i am publishing this Support Request question on many world forums:

Hi,
According to this rule:

"Any attempt of phishing will be strongly punished. This includes phishing for account information (like passwords) and ingame information (like troop counts). "

According to this it is against the rules to "force" access to an account by blackmail or threat or by any method?

Thanks for your help,
Blue

Bandit Jul 07,2009 02:07
Hello BlueAvenger,

Yes it is. Blackmailing for anything is illegal.

Sincerely,

Kim/Bandit of the West
Tribalwars Support

In passing: I would also point out that insisting on access to someone's account before they join a tribe is also likely to be considered breaking the rules but as yet i have not checked it out.

I hope that from now on everybody will be aware of the rule and report any such "forcing" by raising a Service Request.

DeletedUser

Did you give this example to the in-game mods when you sent in the ticket?

DeletedUser

In case you missed servy's reply, I thought I'd just share it with you:

Asking a player to set you as a sitter is in no way forcing them to do anything, nor is it phishing.

There is nothing wrong with a player asking you to set them as your sitter for the purposes of viewing your troop counts, nor is there anything wrong with them refusing to allow you to join their tribe (or continue to stay in their tribe) if you choose not to accept.

Something that would be considered illegal under that rule would be a player claiming to be a staff member and demanding that you set them as sitter (or give them your password). These players will often threaten to ban or delete your account if you do not comply. That is very much against the rules as you should never give your password to anyone, ever, and no staff member will never ask you for it.

DeletedUser

either the leader is a noob for asking for full access to the account, or the player is a noob for thinking account sitting is illegal even though its part of the game.

DeletedUser

And here I was thinkin I could get a few people that are a threat to me banned..:icon_confused:

*Cough* Celeb *Cough* :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

either the leader is a noob for asking for full access to the account, or the player is a noob for thinking account sitting is illegal even though its part of the game.

I'd say that both people in said relationship are noobs.

Surprisingly though, he has found his way to the Support Ticket page, but couldn't do so to the Account Sitting page? That's a sure-fire way to be a noob.

DeletedUser

I'd say that both people in said relationship are noobs.

Surprisingly though, he has found his way to the Support Ticket page, but couldn't do so to the Account Sitting page? That's a sure-fire way to be a noob.

So... he's not a noob for knowing about tickets.. but is a noob for disregarding account sitting information..

I feel like we have created a beast that is worse than the noob. Kill it with fire kill it with fire!

DeletedUser

And here I was thinkin I could get a few people that are a threat to me banned..:icon_confused:

*Cough* Celeb *Cough* :icon_razz:

When did you say you was quitting? :icon_rolleyes: