Formulas

DeletedUser

Can some one post a link to the formulas, in particular the building formulas?

DeletedUser

This question doesn't make much sense. I can't answer it without you giving more detail.

Upvote 0

Mr.Impossible

I think he meant he wants to know the what are the requirements to make other buildings which are not constructed in the start of the game. Such as stable, workshop or acedamy.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

Church Cost Structure:
Level 1: 16.000 wood - 20.000 clay - 5.000 iron - 5.000 population
Level 2: 20.160 wood - 25.600 clay - 6.300 iron - 2.750 population(additional)
Level 3: 25.402 wood - 32.768 clay - 7.938 iron - 4.263 population(additional)

Church Build Time Factor:
Level 1 = 5:40:00
Level 2 = 6:48:00
Level 3 = 8:09:36

The actual build time is calculated by the following formula:
([build time factor] * 1.05^(-[level of the village headquarters])) / [world speed]

I found this, and I'm looking for something similar for every building. War formulas would also be nice

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

Well mail PP about it he might know, or ask chesseasouras, he knows alot about these kind of things:)
Or you can look at it yourself and try figure out the formulae youself.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

There really isn't much use for it in most all cases. There are really only a very few specific instances in which that type of information is really useful. If you think you're in such a situation then you'll need to explain it as there is almost always an easier way.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

I wouldn't suppose that being a beginner and wanting to get a good understanding of everything explanation enough?

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

You can use the interface php to get info about units and buildings for each server. If you wanted the info for world 34:

building info: "http://en34.tribalwars.net/interface.php?func=get_building_info"
unit info: "http://en34.tribalwars.net/interface.php?func=get_unit_info"

You can also find it on the twstats website, like allyboo said.
buildings: "http://www.twstats.com/en34/index.php?page=buildings"
Code:
timber cost of a building = [wood]*[wood_factor]^([level of the building] - 1)
clay cost of a building = [stone]*[stone_factor]^([level of the building] - 1)
iron cost of a building = [iron]*[iron_factor]^([level of the building] - 1)
amount of villagers a building uses = [pop]*[pop_factor]^(level of the building] - 1)
duration of creation = [build_time]*[build_time_factor]^(level of the building] - 1)
In the help page, if you look at the total points, you will see a pattern. Each successive level is worth about 1.2 times the points of the previous level. Knowing this, you can calculate how many points a building is worth.
Code:
points of a building = [points of the building at level 1]*1.2^([level of the building] - 1), rounded to the nearest integer

The amount of population a farm supports follows a similar pattern. This one took a little more effort to figure out. Each successive level supports about 1.172103 times the population of the previous level (I'm not sure what the exact value the game uses is, but it's pretty darn close)
Code:
population the farm supports = 240*1.172103^([level of the farm] - 1), rounded to the nearest integer
similar thing for the warehouse
Code:
Capacity = 1000*1.2294934^([level of the warehouse] - 1), rounded to the nearest integer
and the timber camp, clay pit, and iron mine (except at level 0, they make 5 resources an hour):
Code:
production per hour = [30]*1.163118^([level of the building] - 1)
and the hiding place:
Code:
hidden resources = 150*(4/3)^([level of the hiding place] - 1)
and the wall:
Code:
factor for defending troops = 1.037^[level of the wall]

If the market is less than level 10, the number of merchants is equal to the market level.
If the market is level 10 or higher:
Code:
number of merchants = (market level - 10)^2 + 10

The time it takes for something to be built depends on the level of the building it's made in. All times are in seconds.

Buildings are constructed and expanded in the village headquarters. Multiply the duration of creation by the time factor of your village headquarters to get the actual amount of time it takes to make a building. The exact time factor is equal to 1.05^(-[level of the village headquarters])
Code:
actual build time = [duration of creation]*1.05^(-[level of the village headquarters])

Units are built in the barracks, stables, workshop, and academy. Multiply the build_time by the time factor of the building the unit's made in to get the actual amount of time it takes to make that unit. The exact time factor is equal to 2/3*1.06^(-[level of the building]).
Code:
actual build time of a unit = 2/3*[build_time]*1.06^(-[level of the building the unit is created in])

spear - made in barracks
sword - made in barracks
axe - made in barracks
archer - made in barracks
scout - made in stable
lcav - made in stable
m.archer - made in stable
hcav - made in stable
ram - made in workshop
catapult - made in workshop
nobleman - made in academy

Research is done in the smithy. Multiply the duration of a research by the time factor of the smithy. The exact time factor is equal to 1.1^(-[level of the smithy]).

On a ten tech world, each successive research level takes 1.75 times the duration of the previous level. On a 3 tech world, each successive research level takes 3 times the duration of the previous level.

As far as I can tell, these are the research times for level 1 techs, without the smithy time modifier:
spear - 3960 seconds
sword - 5940 seconds
axe - 6930 seconds
archer - 7950 seconds
scout - 3960 seconds
lcav - 8910 seconds
m.archer - 9900 seconds
hcav - 9900 seconds
ram - 7910 seconds
catapult - 9900 seconds

The game speed is a setting that changes the durations (you can see what its set at in the other information section of help). Multiply all research times by 1/[game speed].

well, there you go. All the basic information about the buildings.

There really isn't much use for it in most all cases. There are really only a very few specific instances in which that type of information is really useful.
You are wrong.
Is it necessary? No.
Is it useful? Yes. This is a logistics game; Whether you've got 1 village or 4000 villages.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

DeletedUser

You are wrong.
Is it necessary? No.
Is it useful? Yes. This is a logistics game; Whether you've got 1 village or 4000 villages.

I disagree, especially for someone who's a beginner. Relying on formulas too much can often be a crutch early on. You attempt to perfect what you're doing by the numbers without using things like intuition experimentation, interactions with other players, etc. A new player will, for example, work on optimizing those factors which can be optimized through those formulas, such as building up a village in the shortest period of time or something along those lines without recognizing more important aspects like what buildings/units/strategies are most effective in practice. Yes, as I have said before there are uses for them, but by an large you really don't need them at all and when you do it's generally in the context of already having a fair bit of experience in TW.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

ok, you say you disagree, but how so?

From what I read, we said the same thing (knowing the formulas is useful, but not necessary)

what buildings/units/strategies are most effective in practice.
erm, that's kind of the goal to find, by using this data :icon_wink:

Upvote 0

Stotty2009

Units are built in the barracks, stables, workshop, and academy. Multiply the build_time by the time factor of the building the unit's made in to get the actual amount of time it takes to make that unit. The exact time factor is equal to 2/3*1.06^(-[level of the building]).
Code:
actual build time of a unit = 2/3*[B][build_time][/B]*1.06^(-[level of the building the unit is created in])

I don't understand where the "Build_Time" comes from. Anyone care to explain...
If its from this, http://en37.tribalwars.net/interface.php?func=get_unit_info and I look at spears (e.g.) that would be <build_time> 1020 </build_time> Therefore according to the formula it would be; 2/3*1020*1.06^(-25) (25 means the level of the building the spear is being built in)

Upvote 0

Stotty2009

I have another question about formulas

I am trying to work out the speed a unit travels.
Now, according to this site, http://www.twmentor.com/?tool=attack-v2, the speed of the world and unit speed affects the duration a unit takes to travel.
e.g. World Speed 1, Unit Speed 2. Duration of Ram takes ( 0:15:00)
World Speed 2, Unit Speed 2. Duration of Ram takes ( 0:07:30)

Anyone know a formulas I could use for speed times? I will assume it will have something to do something will this; http://en34.tribalwars.net/interface.php?func=get_unit_info, but its not like I want to have all the speeds times for all worlds... e.g. <speed>18.0000000005 </speed>

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

I have another question about formulas

I am trying to work out the speed a unit travels.
Now, according to this site, http://www.twmentor.com/?tool=attack-v2, the speed of the world and unit speed affects the duration a unit takes to travel.
e.g. World Speed 1, Unit Speed 2. Duration of Ram takes ( 0:15:00)
World Speed 2, Unit Speed 2. Duration of Ram takes ( 0:07:30)

Anyone know a formulas I could use for speed times? I will assume it will have something to do something will this; http://en34.tribalwars.net/interface.php?func=get_unit_info, but its not like I want to have all the speeds times for all worlds... e.g. <speed>18.0000000005 </speed>

The formula is (base unit speed)(server speed)(unit speed) = real travel speed

Upvote 0

Stotty2009

Think you could do an example for W10.
Base Unit Speed would be 11.999999999 (for spear)
then server speed is 2
Unit speed is 0.75

Correct?
If so, this gives me 27
For some reason, I doubt I have worked it out correctly.

Upvote 0