Forum rule confusion

DeletedUser

That's most likely because the mod you are speaking to is either a kid themselves or 'lacking upstairs'.

If you have a problem with the game as a whole like that, you can contact elder moderators or the community staff (Lizy?) Or use the ingame moderation forum.

DeletedUser

People seem to have misunderstood what I am saying. I am not talking about the rules and I am not talking about the forum mods. I am talking about open criticism of game management. For example the way in which players are treated. I have dealt with IG admins before who have treated me like a 12 year old, with patronizing comments and sarcasm . Regardless of my age I should be treated in the same manner as any customer. TW is a business and should be treated as such as far as I'm concerned.

Again, not about mods or breaching of rules but in game management.

I do beleive they misunderstood you.

I believe that you are looking at the mods as someone who is paid. The simple fact remains that they are doing us a service by moderating and dealing with angry people. They give up their own free time and play time just so that way we can all have fun. Take servy as an example, he has all but given up the game because he has become so dedicated to help people.

After pointing this out, I have to ask, is it fair for you to persecute them publicly? They are trying to do you a service, how is it right to throw that in thier face. I would agree with what you are saying fully IF and only if the mods where paid. I beleive that the saying "don't look a gift horse in the mouth" applies here.

That being said, there is a system for dealing with bad moderators. It may be a little bit painstaking the first time you have to do it, but after that it will be much easier. If you ever feel like a mod is being demeaning or unfair in anyway, just find out who their superior and contact that person with a message explaining the problem (not just complaining, there is a very fine line there).If you do this, I beleive you will find the moderation of this game to be much more efficient then you think.

Regards,
Mikepc

DeletedUser

No, I'm not talking about volunteers, in reference to EA Games again, they have volunteers running their forums but game designers, server owners, etc. are usually making a profit meaning they are running a business. I'm not having a go at the moderators but I am having a go at the people who appoint the moderators.

DeletedUser

No, I'm not talking about volunteers, in reference to EA Games again, they have volunteers running their forums but game designers, server owners, etc. are usually making a profit meaning they are running a business. I'm not having a go at the moderators but I am having a go at the people who appoint the moderators.

Then you do not have a complaint. There is nothing that says you can not complain about them. Just that you can not attack the volunteers. Go read the rules, they are very specific. They say:
The Moderators (mods) of the forum are volunteers recruited by the Admin and Community Manager. They come in Three Forms:
Note that they do distingush between mod and admin/manager. If you read the rest of that section you will notice it never says you can not criticize the administration of the site:

[spoil]
If you have a problem with the moderation of any subforum or the forum in general, please do not create a topic about it. Contact a moderator with your problem and we will either explain the reasons or do our best to solve the problem should one exist. Creating Topics only serves to increase public unrest and will not solve any problems.

If you wish to create a topic regarding moderation, please contact the relevant Mod first.

The mods have a very tough job: it can be hard to keep the balance between a clean forum and a fun forum on a daily basis, and they also receive a lot of negative comments and abuse regularly. We would ask that you remain patient with all moderators and that you would be helpful and polite when talking to them; this will make their job that much easier, and in turn make the forum a more pleasant place.

Please note that most moderators still play TW! They have as much a right to post in the capacity of a player as any other user on the forums: No mod will ever mod the worlds that they play, and thus there is no element of Bias involved. Remember that they are volunteers, and are players just like you. This means that outside their realm as a moderator, they are to be treated as you would treat any other player (see Manners section at the top). This is not an excuse to give out about a mod’s moderation, however, which is in no way related to their gameplay!
[/spoil]

That being said, I would also caution you that the adminstration also has the right and ability to refuse service to anyone. Granted they lose a few customers, but that is a small price to pay compared to losing the several that a large arguement might cost them.

DeletedUser

complain in private...not in the forum.....they dont want a band wagon...LMAO

DeletedUser

First of all, I've never had a problem with a mod in this world, only on previous worlds. Second of all I did not start this thread to argue I started this thread so I could have some clarification as to whether it is legal to comment on in game management.

You still did not answer my question, as you said, it doesn't say I can't complain about moderators but I have no problem with moderators, I want to know if we can openly criticize management of the game, not these forums.

DeletedUser

So you want to complain about ingame mods? :s

Either way prof it seems your looking for technicalities, and you have been given an answer to an extent, use pm with one of the admin or email inno games. This really isn't the place.

DeletedUser

I have asked the mods, still waiting for a reply...

This thread can be closed, I don't think anyone is going to answer the question I am asking.