Forums seem dead!

• Thread starter DeletedUser102104
  • Start date

DeletedUser65288

Does anybody know about who can set up the maps for this world?

Raveman9

Pretty sure anyone can start the maps you just need to codes from nickjer site? Correct me if im wrong.

But I think we are a little early to start the maps as it will be changing every few hours.

DeletedUser74857

He will start the map as soon as someone is willing to help him keep it updated with families/etc. Which no one is gonna want to do this early

hanibalii

Well, the forums are pretty quiet. Surprising for a new server. I'm not too familiar with who's on this world BUT which premades do you think will be on or near the top in the future?
If someone would be nice enough to post the list of premades, I'm not mobile so I can't. :'(
*Sharp Intake of Breath*
It's... thingy! The guy who's name I can't remember! <3

DeletedUser100646

lol for the post

for the sig?
PA is so much better than the vanilla game I find it pretty bizarre that anybody would play tw w/o it, but regardless, it confers such advantages as to be under the "Pay to win" banner. You'd prefer a pay to play system?

DeletedUser74857

Premium Account advantages alone are fine, but the speeding up building construction, reduced cost buildings, and resource hurrying is dumb. Especially to us old farts, it takes away the importance of start up skill. Anyone with a thick wallet can have nobles in 24 hours... and it leaves us poor folk behind

DeletedUser100646

24 hours? You're missing some things right there;

in order to buy res with pp one must have a willing seller, one must have a big enough market to retrieve the purchases, the people least likely to sell res in startup are those most likely to have the most res to sell, in the first 24hrs the number of peeps checking market for pp trades is slim.

Of course,the majority of pp spent were such a case to arise would be going to other players, which in effect makes it "pay for others to win" If a player got nobles in 24 hrs, despite the sheer unlikeliness due to the paucity of sellers and the lack of market and res capacity in those sellers.. they'd have nothing to send those nobles at for another 3 days+ on average, and past that, an average target of 400 points. Now, in this case they probablyjust shipped out something in the region of ooh, let's say first day res for pp sales..100 pp fora k would be cheap, but let's say 100pp.

Getting a noble at that price,the market and building requirements for it, well, i'll leave the math to you, but that's not about the size of somebody's wallet, it's about re-mortgaging their home.

To all intents and purposes anyway, 24 hours is implausible, if not perhaps impossible

DeletedUser74857

I was exaggerating, but still. Start up speeds are incredibly influenced by the amount of money you're willing to spend. Between the 20% reduction on building costs and the 50% reduction on building times, even someone with poor farming technique could have an incredibly fast start up

DeletedUser100646

Sure can, you can also "make" 10s of thousands of pp just by selling res in worlds you're not competing in and spend it on others. Hell, plenty of people have done extremely well in worlds whilst selling off a portion of their hauls for pp. The love gets shared.

The net result is bad for new or returning players*, not so much otherwise.

*Until they begin to engage with the pp economy themselves

Last edited by a moderator:

hanibalii

lol for the post

for the sig?
PA is so much better than the vanilla game I find it pretty bizarre that anybody would play tw w/o it, but regardless, it confers such advantages as to be under the "Pay to win" banner. You'd prefer a pay to play system?

The sig was from when I stopped playing, when there was a small chance that we could actually stop p2w on .net . There are too many advantages for the rich, and it's unfair.

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
and it's unfair.

Unfair is you thinking your opinion should hold more weight than that of the people that spent tens of thousands of hours making the game.

Unfair is a child that whines when their mother won't buy them that new toy they wanted.

Unfair is not when a parent teaches their child to save up and buy their own toys.

Unfair is also not when a company seeks to make a profit.

DeletedUser92753

Extra premium features means free pp for those who farm enough to sell off resources. I found it was quite nice, never having to spend a pp I didn't make on the market. Innogames made a huge profit, and I didn't spend a penny.

Michael Corleone.

Unfair is you thinking your opinion should hold more weight than that of the people that spent tens of thousands of hours making the game.

Unfair is a child that whines when their mother won't buy them that new toy they wanted.

Unfair is not when a parent teaches their child to save up and buy their own toys.

Unfair is also not when a company seeks to make a profit.
how much did you spend for that insta 10k village lol

DeletedUser115442

Everyone knows that after BP ends player numbers will drop significantly as all the first-timers realise that troops > buildings.

DeletedUser100646

Orly? I'd bet my farm against your troops any day. HP won't last long and peeps will need something to play as they get rimmed there, 74 also still has an awful lot of fat to be shed.

DeletedUser99544

I hear some complains that the forum is dead and straight away it is based on the decline of TW players.

Well. Sadly enough it seems the Pay to win worlds draw more players than the good old ones. This we can see on both w73 and w75 were the number stays on below 15k players. On w72 and w74 (ptw worlds) the amount of players was above 30k. So yes. that has some part in it all.

However if you look at this forum you can all see it is rather fruitless-useless same old same old, and most players that have read the same threads like "rate the player above" "top tribes" "funny mails" etc cant be bothered anymore. No player is of interest until we know the intentions and dedication to the world, No tribe is of interest until we know the magnitude of the tribe's dedicaton. And "funny" mails where someone is telling someone off is just plain boring . That said, these forum also have a tendency of cutting a newbies head off if coming with a "wrong" comment etc.

I am sure once the world play out there will be some interesting PnP out there, but at the moment the forum will remain rather dead, unless some bright individual decide to bring something new to the forum, something that catches the attention of the players.

DeletedUser

The threads may be the same but at least they are active :/

Also the reason for 72 and 74 having more players is TW tell/recommend new players to join them. Yes its so they can get more money from people using the P2W features but any smart company would do that, plus its better to have smaller good worlds than for Inno to shut the game down due to lack of income. But I am sure someone will complain anyway :icon_rolleyes: