FOX NEWS - 'Fairly Unbalanced' Issue 1

DeletedUser

Guys, flattering as it is - I'm no candidate for 'Official Blogger'. I just dont see it, there's not an official bone in my body, my posts are just something I thought of so that we could flame away at things in a comfortable environment ;) - In that respect it's already worked, Im looking at no one, Bloodhood, Sellsword, Blogger man.

Someone who plays the world can't be the blogger, I agree with this - until the day I see Kim Jong Il hosting the latest episode of Newsnight. I do my best to keep things un-biassed, but this a merit that can only be time-proven. I think this was somewhat proven in the PUNCH! interview, ive made my personal feelings on the merges and such clear many times, it wasnt favourable, but the interview was much more fair and had the oppinion of the 'neutral fan' in mind.

Id much prefer that, over time this could become stickied (It doesnt need to be official to be stickied, I think Im correct). And then people can look at is as an addition to the forums, an alternative to the blog, or something to add to their forum trip. It doesnt matter. It needs to be prettier first anyway!

More articles up by tonight! Take care : )

Bloodhood

Part of the Furniture
Reaction score
Bloodhood, did you used to play on world 3?

Yep :icon_wink:

What about a random noob like me who is already writing a massive continent discussion thread?

At least it would be more difficult for a hidden agenda to be present. It would then be plainly obvious in whether you are being too biased or not so that you could be replaced. Though as Citizen says, ideally it would always be someone not playing the world.

HeftySmurf

At least it would be more difficult for a hidden agenda to be present. It would then be plainly obvious in whether you are being too biased or not so that you could be replaced. Though as Citizen says, ideally it would always be someone not playing the world.

In my eyes to write a blog about the world you should really have a clear insight of the world itself.

DeletedUser5351

I knew i recognized that name somewhere... used to be in ROA (or lead it or something)?

I was one of the million people who was (unfortunately) in charge of OT for a while way back in the day.... Didn't have any real reason to ask, it was just nagging at me that your name and pic seemed so familiar.

Bloodhood

Part of the Furniture
Reaction score
I knew i recognized that name somewhere... used to be in ROA (or lead it or something)?

I was one of the million people who was (unfortunately) in charge of OT for a while way back in the day.... Didn't have any real reason to ask, it was just nagging at me that your name and pic seemed so familiar.

I was a baron of ROA, and for quite a while it's largest player. Your pic is also familiar, I remember it. OT was quite a crowd.

In my eyes to write a blog about the world you should really have a clear insight of the world itself.

I agree it's an advantage, one that in my eyes doesn't rule out completely the possibility of someone from the world taking on the job. I'm sure that you yourself could also do a fine job. Though I think there should still be some monitoring and criticism on whether that player is perhaps swaying oneside too much, and emphasis on making sure that the blog is objective as possible.

HeftySmurf

I was a baron of ROA, and for quite a while it's largest player. Your pic is also familiar, I remember it. OT was quite a crowd.

I agree it's an advantage, one that in my eyes doesn't rule out completely the possibility of someone from the world taking on the job. I'm sure that you yourself could also do a fine job. Though I think there should still be some monitoring and criticism on whether that player is perhaps swaying oneside too much, and emphasis on making sure that the blog is objective as possible.

Read my review of K25, and think of it from your view, about how onesided i am.

Bloodhood

Part of the Furniture
Reaction score
Read my review of K25, and think of it from your view, about how onesided i am.

hmmm, perhaps. There is still always subjectivity though; even if it is inherent in choosing which facts to bring to the table.

Perhaps if you were to instead of expressing your own views in a blog, you would express others? For example, a war between two tribes, get the statement of each tribe. Show figures. Show maps. There we have it, a very good blog.

HeftySmurf

hmmm, perhaps. There is still always subjectivity though; even if it is inherent in choosing which facts to bring to the table.

Perhaps if you were to instead of expressing your own views in a blog, you would express others? For example, a war between two tribes, get the statement of each tribe. Show figures. Show maps. There we have it, a very good blog.

I had planned on something like that for my discussions but it would have seemed like stealing too much of everyone else's ideas

Sellsword

I had planned on something like that for my discussions but it would have seemed like stealing too much of everyone else's ideas

Providing a platform is not stealing. I would be very pleased to have more interesting threads about w54 -- so you won't get flamed by me, at least :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Update 2 - Issue 1

- Added this weeks competition - Open for all players.
- Added introduction article to the entire off topic area.

- Spotlight will be publsihed in a few hrs. Probably late night GMT.
- In- depth will be finished by tommorow. Many cool contributors.
- Interview with Party! leader is a def, I have him on skype and the questions being suggested are juicy to say the least, it will be the main article on issue 2, which should be tuesday at the latest.

:)

DeletedUser

in the words of Eric cartman " this has warped my fragile little mind":icon_eek:

DeletedUser

I do not feel that my intellect or exposure to worldly cultures has gained anything significant, now that I know the definition of futanari.

Wont be pulling that one out on jeopardy.

Better then the opposite or I'll be worried.

@ Amane.- I wasn't expressing my opinion, I just looked up the meaning. A personal don't care if you're male or female. But I can take guess that must hope you're a female.

I get the feeling I'm am starting something here that I want no part of :icon_cry:

DeletedUser

@ Amane.- I wasn't expressing my opinion, I just looked up the meaning. A personal don't care if you're male or female. But I can take guess that must hope you're a female.

I get the feeling I'm am starting something here that I want no part of :icon_cry:

Probably right, maybe you should grab ya pint and sit back down haha forget you even said anything

DeletedUser

I was playing along, the best thing is, I will keep my true gender a secret, that way, keeps people guessing :icon_wink: Then, even when I say I am male/female, nobody will believe me.. Some things, are best left, unsaid? :lol:

DeletedUser96310

Update 01 - Issue 01

- Added article on 'Axes- who were they?' In the history discussion. History buffs will like it maybe. Discussion welcome.

- 75% Done now on the Young leaders article, expect that tommorow.

- Will be doing an interview with Party! soon, so look out for that too.

- Competitions also lined up for tommorow.

Replies -

@Waves2u, You offering? ; )

Yes, per our skype conversation I am open to an interview. :icon_eek: :icon_twisted: