Free Writing Thread

DeletedUser

I recall one of these being on W59 general discussion forums. All it is, is a place to share things you've written. They can be poems, stories, allegories, whatever you want. Just follow the rules, and do try to keep flaming to a minimum. I'll begin with a little allusion to my W62 experience.

[spoil]It began, as all things do, fairly quietly. It creeped up on him, quietly stealing away from him that which made him human. He began to lose minutes, then hours of which he had no recollection. Soon, there were hours upon hours in which, after waking from his trance-like state, he gradually recalled that he did not know what had transpired.

His was a small village, merely a speck on the countryside. But he had ambition. He had drive. He had the motivation to grow, and that was what kept him working endlessly to better his small town. He had dreams of grandeur, visions of a future in which his people were fed and fat, and his noblemen had lands fitting their position. This was what kept him ruthlessly and riskily raiding other villages. Their resources were plentiful, their people weak or even barbaric, too busy fighting amongst themselves to reap the rewards of their fertile land.

His army grew in size, as did his village and its walls. Soon, he became the undisputed lord over all within 15 kilometers in every direction. Though he did not have his noblemen acting as heads of these other villages, they knew his power was unmatched in the area, and no longer resisted his armies when they came to pillage. His men saw their gaunt, hollowed faces, but this was the price of survival.

When he saw the destruction he wreaked, and noticed the way this work of pillaging was leaving him tired and in a fugue state for hours on end, he made a decision. He was not yet ready to rule; not yet ready to conquer the countryside and plant his banner upon the soil of other villages. His time was not nigh, and so he sent his army on what he believed to be a futile mission. He was amazed when a raven returned proclaiming his victory. Again, he sent them to another village, stronger this time. Once more, he was left in bewilderment when his army suffered only minimal losses.

In a desperate state, looking to submit to another, he attacked one who was not a mere person, but a collective. An oligarchy with minimal power, but still far outstripping his own power. When this group returned fire, after his army had been lost, he disappeared into the night.

He was biding his time, awaiting his return. Waiting for the moment in which he could finally say that leading was his divine right, and he could paint the countryside with his banner's color...the color yellow.[/spoil]

Don't be too harsh :icon_redface:.

DeletedUser4346

pretty hard to flame a free writing thread, I suppose it would be on topic

DeletedUser

I just hope that no one writes an allusion to some war going on in-game, and gets flaming going in here :icon_neutral:.

DeletedUser105984

Here is part of a poem i wrote a long time ago. I say wrote but I dont actually have a copy of it.
I only have some of the stanzas in my memory and have forgotten how it ends.
Anyway it uses end rhyme like most Dr. Seuss books and is kinda fun to read. Try not to be too mean haha.
The Good and The Bad

Do-Gooders Do Good and Bad-Badders Bad
Bad-Badders Do what they can to get Do-Gooders Mad
If you are not a Do-Gooder or a Bad-Badd
You're part of the Rest who seldom are Glad

The Rest are Boring and don't have much Fun
They Work for Money in the face of the Sun

Do-Gooders try to help the Rest
To become even better or even the Best

Bad-Badders sit back and Conspire
They take the Rest's Views and set them on Fire

The Rest confide and begin to Fall
Thats just when they realize Its not Fun after All...

I dont remember the rest... Sorry.​

DeletedUser

Part 2:

[spoil]For years, he hid amongst the shadows. He worked a simple job, a farmer's job in which he was far removed from the problems of the world, and instead tended to the simple world of his crops.

But this was not to last forever.

He had signed a pact, an oath to uphold the lands and rule them with those to whom he pledged allegiance. This small but powerful group of common peasants had the wits and strength to lead, and the air of command to do so, but were entering a world of giants. Small but defiant, they entered quietly, going almost unnoticed. Gradually, their influence grew, and as it did, they called on him. Not to lead, no; he was not that integral to their group. But he was a soldier, a ruler who could conquer other villages and lend his voice to their cause.

Slowly, after assuming control of a village of his own once more, he re-grew it. This time, his efforts were not wasted. He had learned the patience of a farmer, the cunning of a hunter, and had learned to enjoy the beauty of growing something from nothing. Now, his efforts led to an empire.

This empire was not without enemies. Despite the vast reach of his pact-brothers, they could not assist him quickly should he need it. He would be left under siege for days before help could arrive, therefore he had to pick his enemies wisely, slowly removing them in the hopes that he could someday rule his own expanses of villages and land.

He ravaged the land, searching and using his cunning to take control, bit by tiny bit. The villages cried out in protest, but could not rally. At each sign of dissent, he came down with steel and fire to smite the offenders. He turned his enemies upon each other, and gradually became invincible. His empire became so large that only one of his pact-brothers could unseat him, and for what would they do that?

But this, he knew, was only the start of the trials. Though they had created a sizable nation-state of their own, there were others whose lands spanned vast miles, and they could squash them like bugs should their attention turn.

And therein lay the problem; as the map grew littered with villages with blue flags or yellow flags raised, he wondered to himself silently; "What if we come across villages that are united in their hostility? What if we find...red flags?"[/spoil]

DeletedUser105406

I found this is my desk drawer recently & thought it cold do with an airing lol, lol

World 60
I was new to this Game: Inexperienced, Novice
Learning quite slowly & missing the obvious.
My Ville, I I'd guessed, was of primary import;
The Troops to Defend her a secondary thought.
I joined my first Tribe for companions & strength
& wanted to learn from them: width, breadth & length.
I followed their orders & tried to Support
When required cos warfare's a team-thing; a sport
& a game of Comradeship, united in aim
But when many jumped ship, Tribe Scapegoat I became.
For six anxious days I observed the destruction
The ducking & dodging my primary function.
Alone on that world, 51 appeared void
Then epiphany struck & I became annoyed.
A profitable target for farming, I wasn't:
Sadistic vindictiveness rendered my buoyant.
My protagonist's angst I fed well with words toxic:
When push came to shove, then this woman turned noxious.
i spent many hours on penning a letter
To ~VW~ Tribe cos I hoped for things better
& after a first response then a long wait
It was clear crestedred was a cause of debate
Then a lifeline was offered back into community
Licenced to live & to grow with impunity
Now I am clawing back, slowly but sure
& soon I'll be ready to rejoin the wars
I thank all my stars for TW life less dire
& to you most of all: Commander -------- --------

- March 2012

DeletedUser105406

Find them :p
Had a lil looksie & drew a blank but i may do a new one if i have no joy in the hunting...thanks for the interest.:icon_smile:

o my! i just found his response... it was kinda carte blanche to continue with it, at that time...:icon_redface:

Here I am it aint no shit
I'm baffled by poetic wit
Its music has entered my head
Done indeed by crestedred

The song she sings does smooth my heart
& moves I make are but a start
Armies I command & K's I desire
Her poetic soothing fuels the fire

Aggressive opponents I do not lack
& in K51 it's Villes i stack
In other places it's going better
& all ssuccess makes my appetite whetter

Global Conquest is the name of the game
But for me the objective remains the same
Tribal Honor & Allied trust
Have been proved to be a must

These I develop & have no shame
For those I deal with know my name
My Commando's are known to be quite aggressive
This knowledge I find to be quite festive

Working for me is not a party
Working for me you must call Arty
Friends I have & more I will make
But your poetry does indeed take the cake

PS
This crap rhymes but I can do it better
If you want me to try it just answer the letter.

...hhhhhmmmmmmm :icon_redface:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser105406

I think I might write one.

It's good to flex creativity in betwen Farming or whatever: Deffo!!:lol:

Found!

I said that I'd write verses in time for this Full Moon
So given that it falls tonight I'd better pen some soon
There's much to be considered here, regarding Tribal Wars
It's now 4 months in, my career & much longer for yours.

I'd like to tell you first off that, I value you PA
I know you speak a lot of sense in things you write & say
It's true I played a Joker but I'm ending that right here
The gloves are on, all bets are off; I'm listening, do you hear?

Please keep instilling knowledge so that I can learn to Play
& when I fire it back at you, consider it PayDay.
I know you took a back seat in your Educating role
So i'm honored & quite flattered & my attention is whole.

To matters now Official; we have obtained our NAP
The word we got from ------ ------- was he'd put us on their map
& as you'll know, things change quite fast in this evolving game
So whilst it lasts, I'm glad to see our conjoined Tribal names.

We have our work cut out for us right now it's very clear
The Tribes need to consolidate the Villes we have here
We Have No Clue & Chosen have combined; you know what for?
To try & end the days of GRU in this, the current War.

Things were not helped, in retrospect, by upheavals post-merge
I'm hopeful though that Leadership will now kickstart a surge
In Tribal sense of Loyalties; we need that, as you know
Without cohesions running through, the Tribe is just No-Go.

I'm sorry that your first travails in 57 faltered
I think you'll find, when you arrive, the situations altered.
We're gonna stuff the Troops right out so's we can lend Support
& when the order's given I'll respond as such you taught.

If you can lay a plan down here, a pattern I can trace
You're bound to have - most guaranteed - your 57 Base.
A final word Commander, you're a busy man I know
& I am busy over here; there''s work for me & so:
I bid you Salutations; until the next Full Moon
The once again I'll wield my pen; these times come round so soon...
:icon_rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Come to OT. We are to GD what The Strip is to Freeside. We're an excellent place to be.

DeletedUser105406

But the postcount... :'(

There aren't rules about only posting in one place anyways...are there?....& is postcount viewed as ultra-important then? I've hardly participated since being traumatized on the (ahem) Labrador Forum...bunch of elitist eugenics freaks, if you ask me but anyways, mebbe more lines & verse in & for 2013... :icon_wink: