Fresh Off The Press, W86 Newsletter

Math Debator

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I didn't scan the prem log for too long, but 350k < 500k and that's the highest day I saw, so yeah am confused deeply by a daily claim of 500k-1mm a day. Given the serious nature the rest of the interview was approached with, thought I'd look and see what CD's prem count totalled now because I mean it's supposed to get back up to a decent level after this world... but that bit was make belief sadly. I'm not sure if you even passed 1 million total.

Was also surprised to see you hadn't sold anything for 2.5 days. :/

Apologies, I put so much time into the rest of my writing for this interview, that I didn't bother to look at the logs to give an exact answer. Strike the whole interview I suppose, didn't realize how many feathers I would ruffle by guesstimating. Sorry, Tom.

twenty-five

Well that was nice and sarcastic. You didn't ruffle any feathers, trust me. Anyway I did not mean to insinuate anything like the rest of the interview was invalid or whatever, as you said you clearly put a lot of time into it and it's a fairly good read, you broke down how to succeed at startup (with p2w etc) quite well in fact, that is why I had thought it would be accurate (as I said). You can guesstimate all you like as far as I am concerned, just if I check something and see actual numbers I'ma correct them. :/

The rest of the blog was well put together too, better than many.

Deleted User - 4669627

Favim.com-586035.gif

nevermind me, for now, i am just watching :icon_wink:

DeletedUser83995

I feel obligated in saying that the CD interview was the best interview I have ever done. Most people are excited to do an interview with but give crap answers. Or just don't go into good detail. I.e. I interviewed Ninja first and for his start up suggestions to new players he told me "I would tell them to google it, you can find everything there". Which although not a wrong answer, just not something people want to read.

CD gave me everything I could ask for and more, best interview I have conducted. I have done many interviews too. One small thing that he estimated on does not ruin how good this interview was. Any new player who reads this interview can take a lot from it which was my main goal overall.

Math Debator

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Scientist, please amend your OP to reflect that we sold a few hundred k a day, not the number i initially gave. I do like to be factually correct, it was a mistake on my part not to verify via the log before sending you my answers.

Thanks for the kind words.

DeletedUser83995

Updated.

Now I am looking for a Duke of a top tribe to interview for my next piece. If anyone Duke is interested feel free to shoot me a message or add me on skype. I will be happy to interview more than one and choose the best one. As for the next newsletter I will likely wait till first player hits 100k to do one so might be a week or more.

DeletedUser116663

very nice read.

thank you for taking the time to do that scientist :)

hope to see more ..

emoolol

Good read The Scientist :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Thank you for the news The Scientist!

We of Borgia loved to read it!

You are Always free to mail me :) just for a random chat

Greet Chintzy duke of Borgia

darkwill205

Finally!! Something worthy of being read and is very informative :p

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Awesome newsletter and interview--- the depth of the answers were unexpectedly thought provoking. As an economics major, thanks.

DeletedUser

economics major ey? you must be good at math so you + me = butt nekked sexy time

DeletedUser

For the next interview can you pose the question, "How do you know someone has crossed a personal line with you, effectively bringing personal life into TW?"

Trust me. This needs to be answered, or there is no one else worth interviewing.

Forgotten

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Wow like a really strong Wow in regards to the interview , CD main focus was the premium exchange market that would have been the last thing on my mind in a interview for real , this is TW not a stock market game most of us all know about marketing ... I can't believe he was still accepted you all must have focused on his points which I must admit was all the pp he spent , I just expected a interview to be more focused on the game etc . I mean I know you can only say so much because info could be used against him , but the premium exchange ? LOL

DeletedUser83995

There are many reasons behind recruiting CD. Points was not one of them. It was made very clear to CD we would have wanted him with one village or with 10 villages. We made that clear when we first started recruitment talks when he only had 3 villages.

darkwill205

There are many reasons behind recruiting CD. Points was not one of them. It was made very clear to CD we would have wanted him with one village or with 10 villages. We made that clear when we first started recruitment talks when he only had 3 villages.

Yes when he had three villages while most of the world havent even reached academy.

Ohhhh and did those recruitment talks include offering your own players as food?