Friends? :|

• Thread starter Deleted User - 4669627
  • Start date

Deleted User - 4669627

recently, i was in a chat where a tw player said she needed a $129 loan
she saw it as a chance to see who her "real friends" were

If this post gets 15 or more upvotes, I'll invite 2 other known "divisive" personalities along Shahyd for an hour long live podcast somewhere next week.

i'd like to point out he used quotes ;)
this could be an inclusive thread in fact, but it should draw some degree of controversy :oops:

here is the topic...

who from TW would YOU lend money to? o_O

pp counts as a currency, its just not = to a $
(somewhere close to 40% from what i hear)

while the topic is who you would lend to, this ofc covers who you leant to in the past & the results, as well as reasons why you would or would not loan to somebody

the person asking for $129 i have straight up given money to in the past, she always pays it back fast
i also offered her $35 worth of a work each month, so if i did not pay her for 4 months, it would be $140
not sure i am allowed to say her name here? clarification Jirki?

i would loan to Strawberry Queen, some of you know her, but she has more assets than me, so not much without interest
i offered her ~$35 once, she refused, but did what i requested anyway, so i basically owe her $35
she sent a high school in West Africa i got online: a computer, laptop & smartphone, i had offered to pay delivery costs
if she needed $200, i'd loan it and charge 15% interest per month on $165 :p

this is not a thread asking for money or offering it, Strawberry Queen does not need my $, but i would loan to her & explained why
i would loan the $129 to the anonymous person as well, at much less interest even, based off ability to pay

this is not a pp world, but pp as currency would open a lot of doors to a lot of folks
i have 38k i could invest, sitting there, doing nothing for me
i think, loaning pp for interest is illegal? but loaning it with no interest is legal? and the folk i invest in are free to promote me?
if i invested 38k in a tribe of 10 people, for example, they would do better in a pp world, gaining more attention, and if they mention me a lot, that's legal?

lot of places this thread could lead, but the premise is very simple

who from TW would YOU lend money to? o_O

Jeffrey Woods

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
It really depends on who you kinda invest friendship with, normally you wouldnt just give stuff to people without knowing them;
1) Those who have grown into as you guys know each other personally
2) Coplayers giving PP to each other before complete merge

I kinda don't see it other ways but that is me tho :)

DeletedUser106336

only to people that don't pay it back otherwise I'll never get rid of it.

Deleted User - 4669627

why is this topic even in the w100 forum

shahyd for ever seeing attention

in less than 24 hours, it had ~ a dozen replies, literally hundreds of views
maybe that's why its here?

i'm wondering why so few of the replies included even 1 name in answer to the topic question
and why those that did were joking

i could list more players i've met in TW who i'd loan money to, but names you're all less likely to know
most of you know Usama/Forifex/Anti-Pro?
i might loan to him, his parents raised him well, they do well themselves, he will be graduating uni soon, then he will do well himself and he knows "A Lannister Pays His Debts!"

i wonder what its like to be other people

is there nobody anybody would lend to? is that why nobody named anybody?
is it some kind of fear of transparency? maybe, if Martin says a name, that person will ask to borrow money? :eek:
i asked the question generally, but maybe i call folk out by name?

Martin, you volunteered to be 1st!
who would YOU personally lend money to? who would lend to you?

;)

TheBarbarian

in less than 24 hours, it had ~ a dozen replies, literally hundreds of views
maybe that's why its here?

i'm wondering why so few of the replies included even 1 name in answer to the topic question
and why those that did were joking

i could list more players i've met in TW who i'd loan money to, but names you're all less likely to know
most of you know Usama/Forifex/Anti-Pro?
i might loan to him, his parents raised him well, they do well themselves, he will be graduating uni soon, then he will do well himself and he knows "A Lannister Pays His Debts!"

i wonder what its like to be other people

is there nobody anybody would lend to? is that why nobody named anybody?
is it some kind of fear of transparency? maybe, if Martin says a name, that person will ask to borrow money? :eek:
i asked the question generally, but maybe i call folk out by name?

Martin, you volunteered to be 1st!
who would YOU personally lend money to? who would lend to you?

;)

Nobody replied seriously because it's a stupid question. I'm a student who struggles enough for money thank you.

As my father says: "You're dumb if you lend, but dumber to borrow."

DeletedUser111461

I Wouldn't personally lend money to anyone in TW as i don't know people well enough. But i have lent money in excess of $300 at a time to people i have never met but play games with. Even lent money to a guy to buy a new laptop for collage. Just depends how well you know them really.

Deleted User - 4669627

please bro, all of your last messages are replies to me :oops:
clearly, some folks find me compelling :cool:

perhaps, you don't even remember me though :(

1. everybody knows i'm not here to make folks like me lol

If this post gets 15 or more upvotes, I'll invite 2 other known "divisive" personalities along Shahyd for an hour long live podcast somewhere next week.

2. everybody knows trying to flame me is a quest you shouldn't take lightly ;)

but let's go back to you're actual argument, rather than just trade personal attacks

Nobody replied seriously because it's a stupid question. I'm a student who struggles enough for money thank you.

As my father says: "You're dumb if you lend, but dumber to borrow."

i DO chuck a lot of money at folks i don't know, no argument there

i knew 1 of those 100 students, but got them all online
Strawberry Queen helped, pretty sure i told this story in original post
the fact it got 0 likes, but "Crocky" got 4 is an indictment of TW, not me, but Becky is proof that some folks from TW are worth knowing

i knew 2 of those hundreds, but again got the whole school online, so yeah, i chuck a lot of money at folks i don't know, these are just the tip of the iceberg, but moving on...

this is TRIBAL wars, not PLAYER wars
its about having a strong team, strong connections

people actually get very upset by this game, not me, i don't even play, i just post to forums
but if you read the posts i've read in my pre-podcast review of the world to familiarize myself, all at 1 time, instead of gradually as they are posted, it becomes very obvious from the most recent page of threads to this world alone
some people actually get very upset by this game, i even got a momentary rise out of you in General Discussion ;)

that was just a forum post
from what i understand, several members of Misery fell out with Willow while she watched what she built & loved destroyed :(

i'm not judging who is right or wrong, but i hope you all make some good friends here, like Strawberry Queen & i did
the real test of a friendship seems to be loaning money :eek:
i didn't make the rules

i can see a day when Martin needs to borrow money, i hope even he has found a friend in TW

i hope you never need to borrow, but there are entire industries based upon it
banks are serious business ofc, pawnbrokers have a bad reputation te are successful nonethless, microloans have a solid reputation
clearly, there is nothing inherently stupid about loaning or borrowing money, its all in how you do it

there may be something inherently stupid with starting a flame war with a person you do not even know with 2k posts for no reason at all :oops:

anyway, tldr

Deleted User - 4669627

true, its very sad when you have money, travel the world, and hundreds of kids cheer you for making their life better :(

"if you can't feel me, that means you can't touch me, its ugly, trust me" ;)

back on topic...

you'd loan money to Barb right? even though he wouldn't loan to you?

awper

true, its very sad when you have money, travel the world, and hundreds of kids cheer you for making their life better :(

"if you can't feel me, that means you can't touch me, its ugly, trust me" ;)

back on topic...

you'd loan money to Barb right? even though he wouldn't loan to you?

Yes, it is very sad if you have money, travel the world and have kids cheer you to only then escape to an internet community forum where you're not wanted, in a game you don't even play, to only throw around personal insults about people's families, talk shit and cause drama and brag about how amazing your life is... Over a game, you don't play. Do you not see the irony? Do you think those kids would still cheer you on after reading all the shit you say on the forums like insulting someone's family over a game? You're a pathetic toxic little man who hides all the uglyness behind a screen.

awper

Why delete your post? :) The only way you'd really know how I feel about you is if we ever met irl :) I was just pointing out the obvious.

TheBarbarian

please bro, all of your last messages are replies to me :oops:
clearly, some folks find me compelling :cool:

perhaps, you don't even remember me though :(

1. everybody knows i'm not here to make folks like me lol

2. everybody knows trying to flame me is a quest you shouldn't take lightly ;)

but let's go back to you're actual argument, rather than just trade personal attacks

i DO chuck a lot of money at folks i don't know, no argument there

i knew 1 of those 100 students, but got them all online
Strawberry Queen helped, pretty sure i told this story in original post
the fact it got 0 likes, but "Crocky" got 4 is an indictment of TW, not me, but Becky is proof that some folks from TW are worth knowing

i knew 2 of those hundreds, but again got the whole school online, so yeah, i chuck a lot of money at folks i don't know, these are just the tip of the iceberg, but moving on...

this is TRIBAL wars, not PLAYER wars
its about having a strong team, strong connections

people actually get very upset by this game, not me, i don't even play, i just post to forums
but if you read the posts i've read in my pre-podcast review of the world to familiarize myself, all at 1 time, instead of gradually as they are posted, it becomes very obvious from the most recent page of threads to this world alone
some people actually get very upset by this game, i even got a momentary rise out of you in General Discussion ;)

that was just a forum post
from what i understand, several members of Misery fell out with Willow while she watched what she built & loved destroyed :(

i'm not judging who is right or wrong, but i hope you all make some good friends here, like Strawberry Queen & i did
the real test of a friendship seems to be loaning money :eek:
i didn't make the rules

i can see a day when Martin needs to borrow money, i hope even he has found a friend in TW

i hope you never need to borrow, but there are entire industries based upon it
banks are serious business ofc, pawnbrokers have a bad reputation te are successful nonethless, microloans have a solid reputation
clearly, there is nothing inherently stupid about loaning or borrowing money, its all in how you do it

there may be something inherently stupid with starting a flame war with a person you do not even know with 2k posts for no reason at all :oops:

anyway, tldr

"2. everybody knows trying to flame me is a quest you shouldn't take lightly ;)"

What do you want a d*ck measuring contest?

I think we need to slow down a minute, since you are quite clearly oblivious to some underlying facts.

1. You didn't get a "rise" out of me in the general discussion thread. You begged for likes by attacking a man, who not only has kept myself and my family afloat for over 20 years, but has helped me to become the bloke I am today. Everything my parents did they did for each other, and I refuse to let either of them be bad mouthed by some two-bit tribal wars "journalist" or whatever title you may choose to give yourself.

2. You are absolutely correct. There is no right and wrong, but a little sensitivity to other people wouldn't go amiss. I was taught to go out and 'earn my own keep', as I'm sure the majority of people are. Not all (in-fact the majority) have the capability to lend to people they don't know. It's not only an intrusive question, but short sighted and dare I say rude? Do with your own money as you please, but nobody is interested in hearing exactly what you do with it, you came off as snobby and that's the end of it. We should be teaching people "if you're giving money away, don't expect it back" and that is as simplistic as it gets. You shouldn't be advertising that "lending" exists on online gaming in a public environment, especially when kids will be viewing your content.

I'm really not an unreasonable bloke - I didn't like your post so I made my feelings clear. To react in such a way by trying to insult my intelligence and otherwise "flame" me by involving my personal life, only reflects badly on yourself. I hope I've made a just enough argument as to what I thought was wrong in this thread.

Deleted User - 4669627

Yes, it is very sad if you have money, travel the world and have kids cheer you to only then escape to an internet community forum where you're not wanted, in a game you don't even play, to only throw around personal insults about people's families, talk shit and cause drama and brag about how amazing your life is... Over a game, you don't play. Do you not see the irony? Do you think those kids would still cheer you on after reading all the shit you say on the forums like insulting someone's family over a game? You're a pathetic toxic little man who hides all the uglyness behind a screen.

now you got him suiciding for you Barb :(
his loyalty is admirable
his account is 10 years old!
only 17 posts
last 3 all today, defending you from me
when it was you who started our beef, for no reason, with a stupid post accusing me of a stupid post lol

what a crazy story here :confused:

awper, i am going to use kid gloves for now with you
clearly, there are some basic elements you do not grasp

1. Strawberry Queen sent my school multiple devices for those students to be online, others have provided help as they were able, folk i met in TW

this ^^ speaks to purpose & sense of me interacting with TW players, some are worth knowing & clearly i can draw attention

2. H0lly offered an hour podcast with me & 2 other guests if the offer got 15 upvotes, it got 20 in hours
he even warned you all about me

this ^^ speaks to that, not only do i draw attention, clearly i draw support, though equally clear is the fact i draw haters as well
right Jirki? ;)

i am also active on twitter skype, sometimes i visit random online chatrooms
i played TW in the past though, my being here is not random

3. i did not brag about my admittedly blessed life till you insulted it

4. i did not start the shit with Barb
i asked a neutral question, a good question, the community is toxic? not my fault, i don't create the reality

5. would the kids cheer me? duh?

basically, everything you posted is demonstrably wrong, from ALL evidence in a single page alone :oops:

Why delete your post? :) The only way you'd really know how I feel about you is if we ever met irl :) I was just pointing out the obvious.

we could meet, i posted 2 videos showing what i look like, i'm not hiding bro
what is obvious is that you are blindly loyal to Barb
i promise, everybody here would prefer you leave folk like Martin & Michael to come to his aid, he has no shortage of folks with thousands of posts who hate me
nobody wants to see me vs you

TheBarbarian

No, really - I've no idea who awper is, but he already said that.

I thought it was classless to chuck your upper-class life in people's faces. No one really cares, hence the sarcastic comments you received. There was no need to bite so viciously, and when I think I'm in the right I'll fight my corner. There is no "shit" between us, I've not enough time for that even if you clearly wanted to troll.

I answered your question truthfully, and though you were a prat with your snide remarks afterwards.

Snyper Eyes

Wow the grammar errors

Anywho
I would lend to:
The DeathKnight
MuffBalls
Enar7
Mudbug
Ofekfasalsky24

I would never lend to:
Willow the Wisp
Doctorate Denied

On the edge for lending:
Ryankengnedy
*Caligula

Deleted User - 4669627

"2. everybody knows trying to flame me is a quest you shouldn't take lightly ;)"

What do you want a d*ck measuring contest?

I think we need to slow down a minute, since you are quite clearly oblivious to some underlying facts.

1. You didn't get a "rise" out of me in the general discussion thread. You begged for likes by attacking a man, who not only has kept myself and my family afloat for over 20 years, but has helped me to become the bloke I am today. Everything my parents did they did for each other, and I refuse to let either of them be bad mouthed by some two-bit tribal wars "journalist" or whatever title you may choose to give yourself.

2. You are absolutely correct. There is no right and wrong, but a little sensitivity to other people wouldn't go amiss. I was taught to go out and 'earn my own keep', as I'm sure the majority of people are. Not all (in-fact the majority) have the capability to lend to people they don't know. It's not only an intrusive question, but short sighted and dare I say rude? Do with your own money as you please, but nobody is interested in hearing exactly what you do with it, you came off as snobby and that's the end of it. We should be teaching people "if you're giving money away, don't expect it back" and that is as simplistic as it gets. You shouldn't be advertising that "lending" exists on online gaming in a public environment, especially when kids will be viewing your content.

I'm really not an unreasonable bloke - I didn't like your post so I made my feelings clear. To react in such a way by trying to insult my intelligence and otherwise "flame" me by involving my personal life, only reflects badly on yourself. I hope I've made a just enough argument as to what I thought was wrong in this thread.

well said!
you see awerp, Barb can fight his own battles, Martin & Michael would only detract from his argument

what i disagree with...

"You begged for likes by attacking a man"

clearly i am not the one here for likes

"two-bit"

o_O

"a little sensitivity to other people wouldn't go amiss"
"I didn't like your post so I made my feelings clear"

i didn't like yours either

"Not all (in-fact the majority) have the capability to lend to people they don't know."

false

"nobody is interested in hearing exactly what you do with it"

clearly false

"trying to insult my intelligence and otherwise "flame" me by involving my personal life, only reflects badly on yourself"

YOU tried to flame ME & involved MY personal life o_O
THAT's how this started :confused:

what i agree with...

"We should be teaching people 'if you're giving money away, don't expect it back' and that is as simplistic as it gets"

agreed, never loan money you need returned, hope it is returned, but expect it will not be
depending on how you do it can greatly increase your odds, it works for pawn shops, 85% of people pay back to get their item back, if they don't, you sell their item which you got at a good deal
that's how you "loan" to strangers, if you want your money back

when you loan to friends, you do not ask for collateral, for some reason :confused:
in the end, there are 3 possible outcomes

1. they pay you back and now you have a better more trustable friend, a partner in fact!

2. they do not pay you back and you lose a friend, often when we loan money we are putting a price tag on that friendship, a value, this is what's it worth, if you loan the money and they do not pay back, that should be worth the investment, that knowledge, that you cannot loan money to this person and are willing to stop being their friend over it
even if you don't care, they might try to avoid you if they cannot pay you back

3. they do not pay you back, but are still your friend, you were ok with losing the money and they were ok with you losing it
even then the friendship will never be the same

but yeah, do not loan money you can't afford to lose or are not willing to lose
if a friend asks for money, the relationship is already changed :(
there's nothing you can do to change that

"I think we need to slow down a minute"

absolutely

what i find most interesting...

"You shouldn't be advertising that 'lending' exists on online gaming in a public environment, especially when kids will be viewing your content."

everybody knows lending exists in TW, every tribe has leant pp, it is not against the rules
pp is a form of currency, which might be less obvious to the kids, but is clear to the adults
i think, even the kids know there are "black markets" where you can exchange it for more liquid currency :(

i doubt that is news to anybody

i do not make the rules, but am willing to discuss them with inno :)

i do not create the reality either
there are kids on twitter, facebook, etc
it is what it is
MY students have protocols in place to protect them, though there is always risk, maybe no kids should be online?

summary...

i posted a very deep question, not stupid at all, in fact, very relevant to the game itself
you replied 1st with a joke, i replied to general discussion with a joke, but again encapsulated in a serious topic
Martin tried to flame, he got flamed, as so often happens with Martin
again you replied, with a stupid post, accusing me of making a stupid post
should i have said your dad was apparently broke & offering stupid advice?
you brought him into it, using him to call my advice stupid, but i should not point its his advice that's stupid?

i barely know you Barb, you are neither a friend nor an enemy
Martin is an enemy, so is Michael
clearly, you do not know me (not that they do either)

you made a joke, i made a joke in response
you and your dad called my idea stupid, i accused you & your dad in reponse

THAT is what happened

truce?