Frog (Edgey) Fanclub

DeletedUser

Once I get the money together Len, my plan to go to DC goes ahead., I'll give you a message. :)

I am still toying with the idea of working for a year in America on some sort of gap year option, but have not found anything that looks appealing to me, to date, except being America's bitch and slaving away in the Grand Canyon for 10 hours a day, not a chance.

If anyone has done this kind of thing before feel free to PM me. xxx

DeletedUser

Once I get the money together Len, my plan to go to DC goes ahead., I'll give you a message. :)

I am still toying with the idea of working for a year in America on some sort of gap year option, but have not found anything that looks appealing to me, to date, except being America's bitch and slaving away in the Grand Canyon for 10 hours a day, not a chance.

You're thinking of becoming a pack mule?

DeletedUser13107

You're thinking of becoming a pack mule?

That sounds appealing to me,sweetie. For the first time since 1972 I found myself jobless. I am now back to wrestling and if I had of thought of the pack mule angle,I would have jumped on it!:lol:

Chris, I'll be honest with you. The job market in the states are the pits right now.

Len

DeletedUser

Where I live there is an English Pub/Restaurant that brings in students from the UK to learn the service business in the US. My friend works with the husband of the manager of the pub.

DeletedUser

Where I live there is an English Pub/Restaurant that brings in students from the UK to learn the service business in the US. My friend works with the husband of the manager of the pub.

See, now that kinda pisses me off. We are having enough troubles trying to employ US citizens so why the heck would we bring in other people to fill the job positions. Another thing that pisses me off is watching someone with a British accent on an American history television show, or decadent advertising commercials. Like a British person can lure me into buying US beach front property, or tell me anything about being American. I know!.... why don't they hire Americans to do the commercials.

I've watched some shows with American people selling cheap real estate in Central America for millions to big city vacationers. That kinda pisses me off too, because I know I don't want to go there and see poor people working for the people who just bought their land from a shiesty Realtor who just ripped them off in their own country.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

That was posted a month ago, Sly, and I have recieved no such hunting. :)

Glad to say any connection I had to Tribalwars has been severed, I anm no longer interested in making any return to this game, needless to say I still <3 you all and just wanna see how you are all doing!

Hope you are all having fun. xxx

Damn bumper:icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

Oh, if it isn't modest, modest edgey. :p

ODd - #1 on 2 worlds.
Led 3 top 5 tribes.
Led 2 Rank 1 tribes.
9 fanclubs created for me.

^^
Edgey's sig.

DeletedUser

See, now that kinda pisses me off. We are having enough troubles trying to employ US citizens so why the heck would we bring in other people to fill the job positions. Another thing that pisses me off is watching someone with a British accent on an American history television show, or decadent advertising commercials. Like a British person can lure me into buying US beach front property, or tell me anything about being American. I know!.... why don't they hire Americans to do the commercials.

I've watched some shows with American people selling cheap real estate in Central America for millions to big city vacationers. That kinda pisses me off too, because I know I don't want to go there and see poor people working for the people who just bought their land from a shiesty Realtor who just ripped them off in their own country.

Well if it is an english pub, I guess they want to employ english people. Don't you think?

DeletedUser

Americans can fake accents, besides there are citizens of British descent.
Anyhow, if it's an English pub then whats in doing in America?
Hiring only British people because of accents, ethnicity or otherwise would be discrimination which is unethical and against the law.

DeletedUser13107

I am not posting this as some in game personna (DDK) but the REAL person behind it, Lenard Gross

TBH, I have no problem with "fur-N-errs" working stateside. What I do have a problem with is lazy Americans sitting on their duffs(even before the recession) drawing welfare and food stamps,living in government subsidized housing while driving $50,000.00 Escalades! :icon_evil: I know you can not pay car notes or buy gas with EBT cards so where is the money coming from? Drugs, armed robbery, home invasions,selling wives and girlfriends! For the first time in 37 yrs I am jobless and I have no one to blame but the damn government for letting things get this way.

I'll now slink down off the podium and let some one else have it.

Just my views

DeletedUser

Not if we need to import Italians to run them.
And McDonalds I'd be glad to get rid of them.

In case you haven't noticed we have in illegal alien problem over here, and they aren't all Mexicans. I have no problem if someone sets up legal residency, and contributes to the community, but I do have a problem with importing a foreign workforce, that worsens our employment situation, and takes advantage of our welfare system.
I'm more apt to welcome migrant workers that actually help feed the nation than I am entrepreneurs that only help themselves.

I'm hardcore red white and blue.
I'm concerned about my country and the welfare of it's people.
Blood has been shed, and sacrifices have been made to ensure our liberties, and prosperity. It is the land of opportunity, but it seems as though foreign people are reaping benefits that do not belong to them, at the expense of those whose livelihood is hampered by foreign parasites living off of our resources. Our own people take a back seat, and are cut short of their due benefits which were stocked by the blood sweat and tears of our ancestors. There isn't enough for everyone, nor is there enough to ensure the future welfare of our people. SO I think these things must be taken into consideration.

I've been to places where American children have nothing but a piece of tin or plywood for their roof which is supported by only 3 2X4's. No shoes, no running water, no electricity, and the only clothing they have is what is on their backs. Meanwhile we have foreigners seeking medical care, some are given welfare, land, homes, cars and other amenities. The problem is that we support, and accept too many people when we haven't properly supported, or taken care of our own.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for diversity, but this is America... if I want to experience Italy then I'll visit Italy. I've lived in foreign countries all over the world, but I've always given back to society by contributing to the country with medical and federal assistance, all without being subsidized, or taking away from their own people.

DeletedUser

Anyhow, if it's an English pub then whats in doing in America?
Hiring only British people because of accents, ethnicity or otherwise would be discrimination which is unethical and against the law.

The reason it would be doing here is the fact that there are 20+ other bars and it's nice to have something different.

Also the bringing over the students from the UK is too help teach them service in the bar/restaurant industry. America is know as have be the best in that area. It's basically an overseas education for these students, some stay back and love living here, others go back and take what they learned back with them. It's basically no different then if an American went to learn with some world famous chef in France or Italy.

DeletedUser

Yeah, I understand.
I have a lot of British friends and they are fun to hang at the pub with; dang it.

DeletedUser

[spoil]Not if we need to import Italians to run them.

In case you haven't noticed we have in illegal alien problem over here, and they aren't all Mexicans. I have no problem if someone sets up legal residency, and contributes to the community, but I do have a problem with importing a foreign workforce, that worsens our employment situation, and takes advantage of our welfare system.
I'm more apt to welcome migrant workers that actually help feed the nation than I am entrepreneurs that only help themselves.

Blood has been shed, and sacrifices have been made to ensure our liberties, and prosperity. It is the land of opportunity, but it seems as though foreign people are reaping benefits that do not belong to them, at the expense of those whose livelihood is hampered by foreign parasites living off of our resources. Our own people take a back seat, and are cut short of their due benefits which were stocked by the blood sweat and tears of our ancestors. There isn't enough for everyone, nor is there enough to ensure the future welfare of our people. SO I think these things must be taken into consideration.

I've been to places where American children have nothing but a piece of tin or plywood for their roof which is supported by only 3 2X4's. No shoes, no running water, no electricity, and the only clothing they have is what is on their backs. Meanwhile we have foreigners seeking medical care, some are given welfare, land, homes, cars and other amenities. The problem is that we support, and accept too many people when we haven't properly supported, or taken care of our own.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for diversity, but this is America... if I want to experience Italy then I'll visit Italy. I've lived in foreign countries all over the world, but I've always given back to society by contributing to the country with medical and federal assistance, all without being subsidized, or taking away from their own people.[/spoil]
[spoil]Wall of Text:icon_eek:
/runs

I'll reply when i have time. Now off to sleep i go.:)[/spoil]

DeletedUser

Not if we need to import Italians to run them.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for diversity, but this is America... if I want to experience Italy then I'll visit Italy. I've lived in foreign countries all over the world, but I've always given back to society by contributing to the country with medical and federal assistance, all without being subsidized, or taking away from their own people.

Thats a fair point to be honest, but the problem is not all Americans are like you, a large proportion of Americans nowadays sit about complaining about not getting their liberties or whatever they are due but do nothing to actually deserve it, they just feel they are due it. (take note: this is not all Americans)

If a foreign worker is willing to work hard for liberties that are not being given to certain lazy Americans then no problem on my account, we have it the same in England.

However you are spot on about this-

I've been to places where American children have nothing but a piece of tin or plywood for their roof which is supported by only 3 2X4's. No shoes, no running water, no electricity, and the only clothing they have is what is on their backs.

I guess things escalate to a point when eventually you CAN'T help yourself. :icon_cry: