Frog (Edgey) Fanclub

DeletedUser

The 1000 caps post you mentioned was not about 1000 caps. It was 1000 losses in 1 week. That seemed reasonably interesting.

My logic is not flawed. By deleting peoples' "necroposts", new conversations about old topics are nipped in the bud, resulting in less posts for you to moderate.

Oh well, I don't really care anymore. It's clearly safer to not post than to step on 1 or 3 peoples' sensibilities.

DeletedUser

My logic is not flawed. By deleting peoples' "necroposts", new conversations about old topics are nipped in the bud, resulting in less posts for you to moderate.

Technically it is flawed. It's easier and less work to just leave the posts. Either way the mod has to read all the posts but on top of that we delete those posts and sometime have to lock a thread and maybe even have to give a few warnings or infractions depending on some posts.

Now if the conversation was somewhat relavent to current times the mod could choose to create a new topic on those posts and maybe even have a reference to the old thread. In most cases bumping an old topic really doesn't serve any real purpose. It can cause confusion as people think a looking at newer posts and then comment on things that happened what could be a year old.

If you want to talk about old w4 history, make a thread about it. I'm sure you might even get a few old time w4 players that would stop in a post a few things or something.

Honestly though I think this thread isn't really the place for talking about Necrobumping or anything.

DeletedUser

:) I have a feeling of deja vu: "To try to talk about rules with people that have the power.. You just go into a death end".
The rules always can be 'explain' in different colour for the benefice of those who have the power :)
As you can feel, Jumanji, that feeling is not good at all. And I experience for many time this feeling.. :icon_cry:
--------
As secondary note, in past, I also received a nice 'friendly' mail with warnings when I write into topics and it was 1 month from last reply.(w20)
We are with all humans and if there are rules , those should apply for all category(admins included).
It will be fun to read about a admin receiveing a ban and cannot post anything on forums for 3 days in case he broke a rule ^_^

Laura I hope you understand that is not about you're person more then about the general idea. I value you as hight person with strong quality and your name still have a honour place into my w4 profile.

DeletedUser

An effective way to short circuit arguments about this 'rule' would be to lock threads deemed too old to post in. In w4, this would only be 1, maybe 2 threads a week.

DeletedUser

An effective way to short circuit arguments about this 'rule' would be to lock threads deemed too old to post in. In w4, this would only be 1, maybe 2 threads a week.

wow.... now there is a fail safe idea!!!!!!!
Why didnt i think of that....... :D

It must be more fun to do it the other way.

DeletedUser19547

I got infracted for saying 'you suck' in the W32 forum Edgey, in the topic about the disbanding of [H]:icon_evil: Though, I lol'd and moved on with my non-tw life.

End of intermezzo.

DeletedUser

shhhhhhhhh its a conspiracy :D

Hawk... does that now say blocked beneath your name?? :p

DeletedUser19547

I think you'll only get blocked for something like that in North Korea or something:icon_biggrin: No offence to any North Korean people though.

DeletedUser19041

Hello everyone, nice to see people are posting on this (if for the wrong reasons ^_^) Especially Laura, KST, Killa, Shards. :) Can't remember the last time I spoke to someone from this game!

Unfortunately Tyr, I will never be playing this game again, I left World 32 in a storm of victory and glory with my little tribe and after having had one last crack with my old friends, and I think that was pretty much enough for me, in terms of how my life is heading I genuinely do not have the time or even any form of interest to rouse me into playing. (Trust me, drama may seem like a doss subject, but the time commitments for a drama student is pretty mad, and as the university I'm at is one of the highest ranks in the country they take it pretty damn serious with practical and whatnot). Any time other than that is spent chasing after cheep booze and drunken shenanigans! :icon_razz:

Nice to see their are still people about (even if the majority of posters on this forum are just whinging about a simple forum rule :icon_neutral:) From what it seems having free reign over a empty forum for too long can make you lash out when you don't get your own way, cute.

Ohaider Edgey, accept me on facebook? :p