Funny Attacks and Successful Defences

DeletedUser

baseball, If I thought that was something that affects me, I would have stayed up a cpl more hours and pulled back the support. the fact remains that I am way in the back, it would already take 5 days for that support to come back to my villas, by which time most of it is already rebuilt. I won't even comment on the resource thing :lol:

edit: I swear there was a post by baseball that I replied to, it seems to have disappeared though :/

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

@GuardianAngels nukes are meant to used in a usefull manner, if you want to use them randomly, I can specify a stacked villa for you and you can send your nukes at it, at least they won't be sitting around right?

you know what I would... I really would...but with morale being only at 50% it would be a bit of a waste...

also as a side note I see you pretty much just made your own point moot. If I'm understanding this correctly one of the main reasons why this technique is so great is because of the time is saves right...only one problem...your timings aren't really all that great.

It will take me around a week to build those troops back, it will take him over 20 days to rebuild that nuke. there really is no questioning this, this hurt him way more than it hurt me. Do you honestly believe what I said not to be true?

Just to put things into a better perspective:

It will take you:
over 22 days to rebuild those axes
just over 17.5 days to rebuild those lc
just under 2 days to rebuild those ma

It will take me:
just over 6 days to rebuild the sp
under 13 days to rebuild the ar
just over 9 days to rebuild the hc

you have 22 days...versus 19 days...I really don't see the huge advantage here...

the only advantage I can think of for this would be if your supporting masses of people and spreading your support out....however If I'm stacking villages and such this just seems like a waste of time to me...

DeletedUser

also as a side note I see you pretty much just made your own point moot. If I'm understanding this correctly one of the main reasons why this technique is so great is because of the time is saves right...only one problem...your timings aren't really all that great.

the reason is not that it saves time in sending the troops, it's that once they die it's easier to rebuild. the timing not being great has nothing to do with it (and as I explained with the information I had all of the support should have gotten there 10 hours early, and thus no point in getting them timed to the same second whatsoever). If I had sent 2 full DVs instead of summing up to 2 DVs, it would have taken way more time to rebuild the same amount of troops (think parallel processing).

you have 22 days...versus 19 days...I really don't see the huge advantage here...

yes I agree, I thought the value to be better in my favor but after calculating it that's what I came up with. Nevertheless, 19<22 and as I said,
1. If I recalled the troops they wld need 5 days to come back, so that's really an additional 19-5=14 days
2. that D is not as useful to me as the nuke is to him
3. I never said it's a huge advantage. what I did say is that what he did is nothing to brag about, knowing that he hurt himself more (even if slightly) than he hurt me.

the only advantage I can think of for this would be if your supporting masses of people and spreading your support out....however If I'm stacking villages and such this just seems like a waste of time to me...
If I put 4 quarter DVs in a villa, if this villa gets attacked I lose 1/4th of a D from each villa supporting it.
If I put 1 full DV there, I'll lose a full DV
--> I would be able to recover 4 times faster

waste of time in what sense? it doesn't really take alot of time to do this, and I still send as much as I would have sent the regular way, so I don't see the disadvantage there.

DeletedUser

the reason is not that it saves time in sending the troops, it's that once they die it's easier to rebuild. the timing not being great has nothing to do with it (and as I explained with the information I had all of the support should have gotten there 10 hours early, and thus no point in getting them timed to the same second whatsoever). If I had sent 2 full DVs instead of summing up to 2 DVs, it would have taken way more time to rebuild the same amount of troops (think parallel processing).

yes I agree, I thought the value to be better in my favor but after calculating it that's what I came up with. Nevertheless, 19<22 and as I said,
1. If I recalled the troops they wld need 5 days to come back, so that's really an additional 19-5=14 days
2. that D is not as useful to me as the nuke is to him
3. I never said it's a huge advantage. what I did say is that what he did is nothing to brag about, knowing that he hurt himself more (even if slightly) than he hurt me.

If I put 4 quarter DVs in a villa, if this villa gets attacked I lose 1/4th of a D from each villa supporting it.
If I put 1 full DV there, I'll lose a full DV
--> I would be able to recover 4 times faster

waste of time in what sense? it doesn't really take alot of time to do this, and I still send as much as I would have sent the regular way, so I don't see the disadvantage there.

lol whoops...was a bit unclear in the first part when I read it back to myself....what I meant when I said the timings weren't that great was that the difference between the lost O being rebuilt and the lost D being rebuilt wasn't that great...it had nothing to do with the timing of the support whatsoever.

anyways...

I completely understand the concept of 'parallel processing' and do find it useful and it does work...however I personally would never use it as it is a waste of time in my opinion and time is the most precious asset you have in this game and in life for that matter. What your valuing right now is the time spent building D troop and O troops...however what you fail to take a look is the big picture and this is why I don't do what you do...If i was you size I would....but I'm not...

1. the sending of the support takes way longer... rather then 1 full D village for one village supported you talking about 3 maybe 4 or more (depending on how you split your divisions) having to be sent to multiple villages. This takes more time and when you have over 1000 villages...thats alot of time...don't even get me started on 4K villages...

2. resupplying the support is much more of a pain should you have to resupply the village once you build the troops back up. rather then just sending all the troops at once to the one village you have to divide your forces and do the math to get the right amount of troops in each village.

3. Reports...cleaning up reports is a mess...you ever mass support a village with you troops and then it gets hit with 4 fakes...if you sent from 1 village you get 4 reports, 2 villages 8 reports, 3 villages 12 reports, 4 villages 16 reports...you get the picture? then if your doing any real heavy stacking the reports get a bit ridiculous... (I once made a death star in the middle of enemy territory...every time it got his I got 15 reports...crazy but very very funny....took over 150 nukes to take it :lol:)

the larger you get the more you have to prioritize what you continue to do and what you have to sacrifice to maintain a working account without it completely taking over your life...it's a balance. People eventually grow out of farming...people eventually stop doing perfect timings of nukes nobles and support...and people eventually stop sending support out like that....especially when under attack.

Also once you get to a certain size....and you have over 1000 D villages...you stop caring about that kind of stuff and worry more about account management and such.

DeletedUser

what you said makes enough sense :)

but ofc I don't have as many villages as you do and the reason I mentioned it in the first place wasn't to promote a strategy over the other. I was simply showing that the report ddrmax showed wasn't as much in his favor as he initially thought.

DeletedUser

LOL

Nukes are made to nuke .

I never understood the concept of legion favouring having nukes at home sitting doing nothing , than have at least 60% of your nukes out/rebuilding.

Please someone elabourate . Which ones better the guy who nukes or the guy who does not nuke , yet has more troops . Self explanatory.

DeletedUser

what you just said has nothing to do with what has been said so far :icon_neutral:

noone is saying nukes shouldn't be used, for the last time, I'm just saying the report is nothing to brag about.

DeletedUser

You are saying he wasted the nuke right ?

That he is bragging even though your troops will rebuild quicker right ?

Nukes are there to die, he is just merely posting it into the funny attacks since killing 1 and a half dvs with half a nuke is quite funny :)

DeletedUser

yes, I'm saying the nuke could have been used in a better way, but that's not really the main issue. The attack is not funny and definitely not worthy of insulting me with an igm. That attack hurt him more than me, it's not something to brag about.

Again, I'm not saying he shouldn't use the nuke, I'm not even saying he shouldn't have used the nuke the way he did, I'm saying the attack isn't the source of pride that he seems to think it is.

This is the last time I will comment on this, coz now I'm just saying the same stuff over and over again and I usually criticize ppl of doing that. I just can't repeat the same stuff over and over again everytime a new guy feels like restating what has been said before.

DeletedUser

You make think it could have been used better but I do not nothing like having a nice kill like that too give you some lols raise morale and make your friends laugh .

Depends how bragging is defined and insulting however did i ever say it should be bragged about ;)

Reread my post :)

Yes my post says bragging in it but nothing about what i think about bragging :)

DeletedUser

Attacker: csherred
Origin: The Departed+ (717|739) K77

Quantity: 0 0 4000 0 0 0 0 0 500 0 0
Losses: 0 0 4000 0 0 0 0 0 500 0 0

LOL

DeletedUser

yes, I'm saying the nuke could have been used in a better way, but that's not really the main issue. The attack is not funny and definitely not worthy of insulting me with an igm. That attack hurt him more than me, it's not something to brag about.

Again, I'm not saying he shouldn't use the nuke, I'm not even saying he shouldn't have used the nuke the way he did, I'm saying the attack isn't the source of pride that he seems to think it is.

This is the last time I will comment on this, coz now I'm just saying the same stuff over and over again and I usually criticize ppl of doing that. I just can't repeat the same stuff over and over again everytime a new guy feels like restating what has been said before.

Well yea, it isn't funny to you, but it is funny to everyone else .. You aren't the only person who reads this thread, and any tribe mate of yours who says it isn't funny to them would just be plain lying. And source of pride?? Are you kidding?? It was something to laugh about, where do you get pride from?

^ Deny it all you want mate, but it's true.

DeletedUser

fine, it's funny. it still doesn't change the fact that the report is in my favor. :icon_neutral:

DeletedUser

you know, you keep saying the nuke's job is to kill enemy troops, but aren't D troops supposed to kill enemy nukes? that D did its job with minimum damage to me (even if there was no church and no wall). It doesn't matter what game we're playing, mathematically the result is in my favor (even if slightly). whoever does the more damage wins right?

DeletedUser

you know, you keep saying the nuke's job is to kill enemy troops, but aren't D troops supposed to kill enemy nukes? that D did its job with minimum damage to me (even if there was no church and no wall). It doesn't matter what game we're playing, mathematically the result is in my favor (even if slightly). whoever does the more damage wins right?

Kinda...However; If you can show me a report of D troops doing more damage to O troops behind a Church-less village...hell even a wall-less village then I will personally gift you a village.

And also in the long run if it's followed up with counter attacks, retakes, conquers and general war activity...then yes the result will be in your favor...however if he took your village and kept it and you didn't take any back. Then no matter what...it's always in his favor...even if it did take 200 nukes to take the village because you lost a village and thats one less village for you and one more village for him putting you at a disadvantage villages wise.

DeletedUser

not my village that was being attacked, I was just supporting it. my villages are 5 days away (sp speed).

edit: this also had nothing to do with him getting a villa, he already had it when my support arrived.

Last edited by a moderator: