Funny attacks and successful defences

DeletedUser

hehehe you can have as much as you want, just remember what i said on skype :p

DeletedUser

People really make me laugh when saying how l33t they are with their 300ms trains. I mean how hard is it to push 1 key on your keyboard 4 times quickly after setting the quick key up or even building a program to do it all for you with 1 click on your computer?? Its' like saying..... gee, I've got such l337n33s I have the latest movie at the theater not on DVD yet (boy, you downloaded it and ran it on your computer... maybe even used a program to burn it to DVD).... So much better than the noob person who paid $15 for the actual copy.

:icon_rolleyes:

Well, I have to say I do 12 second trains, and I guess I'm a complete /fail as the below stats prove. :icon_cool:

Side 1:
Tribes: TATS EviL Exile. Exile3 *N~L* DA DA* !WAR!
Players: Dark Messier

Side 2:
Tribes:
Players: coolbreeze70

Timeframe: Forever

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 12
Side 2: 167
Difference: 155

image.php

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 109,049
Side 2: 1,546,386
Difference: 1,437,337

image.php

the 4 days I sat his account

Side 1:
Tribes: TATS
Players:

Side 2:
Tribes:
Players: Hyushio

Timeframe: 23/01/2010 14:00:00 to 27/01/2010 19:00:55

Side 1: 2
Side 2: 46
Difference: 44

image.php

Side 1: 17,606
Side 2: 385,836
Difference: 368,230

image.php

Now, these stats don't include all the other tribes which have gone by the wayside.

Here is a few more for your viewing pleasure:

N-L2 Gains-5 ; Losses-0
N-L4 Gains-1 ; Losses-0
Evil. Gains-46; Losses-0
SP Gains-46; Losses-9
UAE Gains-22; Losses-1
I Gains-30; Losses-3

Additional Totals

Gains - 150
Losses- 13

Difference is +137

Overall Difference = +336 villages

There are quite a few more than this including more people who left their tribe when the nobling began, but the results are the same as what has been shown here.

Bottom Line - I'm uber noob with my 12 second trains. It is so ineffective

I'ts not that I or a lot of other people CAN'T do a ms train..... it's more of a who cares and why bother, because a 150ms train can be sniped just the same as a 12 seconds one can be. It's gives you a VERY SLIGHT advantage when nobling from short range but other than that its worthless dribble only used to give yourself a pat on the back.

:icon_wink:

edit: while sniping a ms train might be slightly difficult, its just as easy to stack the village as it only takes 1 D with a nice wall or 1.5D to stop a ms train (not that hard to do when most people have a village to do that with within a short travel distance). Also, if it really worries your skills... renoble the village right after you lose it because 99.99% of the l33t ms train senders do not send any support to land after.

My whole point is that if you are battling an active defender, ms trains are worthless since the defender will either stack village with 1 D or so, renoble right after, or snipe it using same tactic. So, basically when taking a village with a ms train from a defender who really doesn't offer any resistance or tries to retaliate..... what good was your magical train?? It could have been accomplished with 4 nobles accompanied by 100 spears each an hour apart. Surely doesn't show any greatness over the average player. There is a very small margin of an advantage using ms trains which mainly only offer that advantage against close range nobling or semi-active, non-agressive defenders in which case you would have probably taken it anyhow without the ms train.

CB

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

when you have to time multiple train cuts in a sec it will take its toll while cutting 12 sec trains is (yawn)

also think about sever lag. while you still get a 12 sec or longer train

with a short one you might get screwed over. i do admit though i am usualy to lazy to set up a short train although it only takes like 30 secs to do so.

DeletedUser

firstly, this isint an attack on you or the way you do things. Just my opinion.

People really make me laugh when saying how l33t they are with their 300ms trains. I mean how hard is it to push 1 key on your keyboard 4 times quickly after setting the quick key up or even building a program to do it all for you with 1 click on your computer?? Its' like saying..... gee, I've got such l337n33s I have the latest movie at the theater not on DVD yet (boy, you downloaded it and ran it on your computer... maybe even used a program to burn it to DVD).... So much better than the noob person who paid $15 for the actual copy.

youve probably seen my trains, some are good, some are laggy. One was even good enough to get me a warning and its a bit*h when you have to cancel them :icon_rolleyes:
but, I find it easier to send a train the way I do, over how you do with the 12sec ones. So why wouldnt I do it like this?

I'ts not that I or a lot of other people CAN'T do a ms train..... it's more of a who cares and why bother, because a 150ms train can be sniped just the same as a 12 seconds one can be. It's gives you a VERY SLIGHT advantage when nobling from short range but other than that its worthless dribble only used to give yourself a pat on the back.

CB

your right, if a person isint online, a 2minute train will do the same as a 200ms train.

BUT, if you come up against a very dedicated/active defender, especially in early game, even 200ms trains can not be good enough. Its also about creating pressure. If I see a 12sec train, it doesnt bother me because I know it will be very easy to snipe.
If I see something less than 400ms, I start to consider stacking the vill, prenobling it, or other methods to defend, as you have to be more precise with your timing to snipe a quick train and the chances for missing the snipe are much higher.
Not to bash the people you took vills off, maybe they were isolated or were out of troops, im really not sure.

but im sorry, sniping a 150ms train and sniping a 12sec train are worlds apart in skill.

In W38 when me and dannz co-played we were under constant attack from nobles for about 2 weeks solid from several players. They all sent longish trains, and we never lost a village, nor struggled to snipe their trains. If the trains were tight, I very much doubt we would have had so much luck.

But like here, its been a while since ive put together a really tight train with nukes/support and nukes within the nobles, simply because I havent really needed to :icon_neutral:
sure, the odd few get killed, but overall it works fine.

My opinion on it, take it or bash it :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

firstly, this isint an attack on you or the way you do things. Just my opinion.

youve probably seen my trains, some are good, some are laggy. One was even good enough to get me a warning and its a bit*h when you have to cancel them :icon_rolleyes:
but, I find it easier to send a train the way I do, over how you do with the 12sec ones. So why wouldnt I do it like this?

So, you find it easier to preload 4 seperate tabs with all the attack setup individually, tab each of them to the confirm button, then quickly hit space/f12/space/f12/space/f12/space/f12 all within a few milliseconds, then double check to make sure didn't screw the order of the nobles up and/or made an illegal train than to just load in 1 attack, hit back, rinse and repeat. Seems like alot more work setting up the seperate tabs and buttons to hit. It's definitely a lot more steps involved your way. But, like you said its a preference and I am not arguing that your way is inferior. In fact, I said it was ever so slightly SUPERIOR in some instances.

The only reason most of your trains haven't died is because your tribe blanket nuked the area first making the area free of defensive troops, in which case a few hulks would do the same result or even better since there is the chance of sniping or getting just enough D to kill 1 offense villa..... (most of your trains might have a nuke prior but it usually lands 10 seconds to 1 hour prior to the train landing so.... doesn't have much effect).

Not to bash the people you took vills off, maybe they were isolated or were out of troops, im really not sure.

You being on the council of AXE and supposedly being involved with the ins and outs of the tribe, I'm surprised you even said this. Anyone who knows me, knows the people I noble in a war are usually active players. A simple search on TWSTATS would have answered this for you without having to try and make me look bad or inferior on the public forum here but meh.... to each their own.

notice any names here??
BigandHairy
AncientHoard
Syusuke01
Dark Samosa
BadBrad1
ettoceb
hermanx7
lionheart78
irchef

A few others of note:
Lord Farquar
Nelaime
jjavnj
1stphoenix
KoreaMarine

just a few of the people I took villages off of, but yes, I see they are all inactives. Must of all been isolated villas then :icon_wink:

But like here, its been a while since ive put together a really tight train with nukes/support and nukes within the nobles, simply because I havent really needed to :icon_neutral:
sure, the odd few get killed, but overall it works fine.

Exactly, it really isn't needed..... in my opinion, either way works fine most of the time.

My whole point which you must have missed was not that ms trains are dumb..... but that people bash the people who DON'T send ms trains and label them as noob players who cannot be successful at TW while in fact ms trains do not make a person superior to the non-ms train sender, its just 2 people doing things their own way. No need to call either of them noobs or poor players.

Again.... not bashing you just explaining better. ;)

CB :icon_cool:

DeletedUser

the people not doing it may not be inferior regarding skill. just more lazy. but sending a tight train is more effective however you wanna twist it :p

so those with more dedication are overall better players.

theres more to be awesome then just skill.

DeletedUser

the people not doing it may not be inferior regarding skill. just more lazy. but sending a tight train is more effective however you wanna twist it :p

so those with more dedication are overall better players.

theres more to be awesome then just skill.

That's why I skip sleep and spend 23 hours per day playing TW.... no need skill there just dedication :lol:

:icon_cool:

DeletedUser

So, you find it easier to preload 4 seperate tabs with all the attack setup individually, tab each of them to the confirm button, then quickly hit space/f12/space/f12/space/f12/space/f12 all within a few milliseconds, then double check to make sure didn't screw the order of the nobles up and/or made an illegal train than to just load in 1 attack, hit back, rinse and repeat. Seems like alot more work setting up the seperate tabs and buttons to hit. It's definitely a lot more steps involved your way. But, like you said its a preference and I am not arguing that your way is inferior. In fact, I said it was ever so slightly SUPERIOR in some instances.
I actually do it quite a bit differently, and quicker than that :icon_wink:

The only reason most of your trains haven't died is because your tribe blanket nuked the area first making the area free of defensive troops, in which case a few hulks would do the same result or even better since there is the chance of sniping or getting just enough D to kill 1 offense villa..... (most of your trains might have a nuke prior but it usually lands 10 seconds to 1 hour prior to the train landing so.... doesn't have much effect).
Well, I think I mass scouted him then nuked his offense vills primarily. But anyways....
And the main reason I dont use hulks is becase I consider them quite ineffective. Say you have 40nobles, that 40 nukes requred. If you use trains then you only need 10 nukes, meaning 30 nukes are free, which I like to have around to play with.

But like we both said, its a matter of personnel preference and some people I hold in very high regard use hulks.

You being on the council of AXE and supposedly being involved with the ins and outs of the tribe, I'm surprised you even said this. Anyone who knows me, knows the people I noble in a war are usually active players. A simple search on TWSTATS would have answered this for you without having to try and make me look bad or inferior on the public forum here but meh.... to each their own.

just a few of the people I took villages off of, but yes, I see they are all inactives. Must of all been isolated villas then :icon_wink:

ermmm, I didnt mention the inactivity of your targets anywhere :icon_neutral:
I think maybe you misinterpreted what I said when talking about the speed of trains, but it wasnt my intention.
Just like you were claiming Jaffe was

Exactly, it really isn't needed..... in my opinion, either way works fine most of the time.

My whole point which you must have missed was not that ms trains are dumb..... but that people bash the people who DON'T send ms trains and label them as noob players who cannot be successful at TW while in fact ms trains do not make a person superior to the non-ms train sender, its just 2 people doing things their own way. No need to call either of them noobs or poor players.

Again.... not bashing you just explaining better. ;)

CB :icon_cool:

I covered this above already.
What I will say is this though.

It doesnt really matter what method you choose to attack/noble/defend with, at the end of the day I think a well rounded player should have the knowledge to use most of the different techniques talked about, even if they dont do it. As there are so many scenarios that sometimes your normal method just aint gonna cut it.
And having this adaptability and being able to judge the situation and make best use of your troops is what makes a great player imo.

and with that, I think ive said all I need to on this thread without dragging it even more off topic :lol:

DeletedUser

12sec trains - 149ms trains
meh, matters on who you are attacking really, both do the same
if i wasnt so busy i recon i could probaly take a village with a 2min train, off a active player (timeings ftw!)

but i do agree with ancient, on when defending if i see a 1sec+ train i tend to ignore it till last min, as i can easily snipe it, and if i see a ms train i pay more attention.

just matters on plaing style.
personaly i send fast trains as i just like to see if i can beat my 40ms train lol
not for looking good just for a bit of extra fun, like the mini games when you buy a new game there always a mini game somewhere 99% of the time =P

DeletedUser

i actually send ms and 12 sec trains, it all depends on if im at home or if im at work..i don't think 12 sec trains makes someone a noob, however when they choose to send D with their nobles and hrs behind the nukes with a slow noble train, then yes i say they are a noob...other wise i tend to not talk about the distance between anyones nukes and nobles since not eveyone bothers to time out all attacks, unless there is a 12-24 hr gap between nukes and nobles then i LOL

matrix212

Well, I have to say I do 12 second trains, and I guess I'm a complete /fail as the below stats prove. :icon_cool:

Side 1:
Tribes: TATS EviL Exile. Exile3 *N~L* DA DA* !WAR!
Players: Dark Messier

Side 2:
Tribes:
Players: coolbreeze70

Timeframe: Forever

Side 1: 12
Side 2: 167
Difference: 155

image.php

Side 1: 109,049
Side 2: 1,546,386
Difference: 1,437,337

image.php

the 4 days I sat his account

Side 1:
Tribes: TATS
Players:

Side 2:
Tribes:
Players: Hyushio

Timeframe: 23/01/2010 14:00:00 to 27/01/2010 19:00:55

Side 1: 2
Side 2: 46
Difference: 44

image.php

Side 1: 17,606
Side 2: 385,836
Difference: 368,230

image.php

Now, these stats don't include all the other tribes which have gone by the wayside.

Here is a few more for your viewing pleasure:

N-L2 Gains-5 ; Losses-0
N-L4 Gains-1 ; Losses-0
Evil. Gains-46; Losses-0
SP Gains-46; Losses-9
UAE Gains-22; Losses-1
I Gains-30; Losses-3

Additional Totals

Gains - 150
Losses- 13

Difference is +137

Overall Difference = +336 villages

There are quite a few more than this including more people who left their tribe when the nobling began, but the results are the same as what has been shown here.

edit: while sniping a ms train might be slightly difficult, its just as easy to stack the village as it only takes 1 D with a nice wall or 1.5D to stop a ms train (not that hard to do when most people have a village to do that with within a short travel distance). Also, if it really worries your skills... renoble the village right after you lose it because 99.99% of the l33t ms train senders do not send any support to land after.

My whole point is that if you are battling an active defender, ms trains are worthless since the defender will either stack village with 1 D or so, renoble right after, or snipe it using same tactic. So, basically when taking a village with a ms train from a defender who really doesn't offer any resistance or tries to retaliate..... what good was your magical train?? It could have been accomplished with 4 nobles accompanied by 100 spears each an hour apart. Surely doesn't show any greatness over the average player. There is a very small margin of an advantage using ms trains which mainly only offer that advantage against close range nobling or semi-active, non-agressive defenders in which case you would have probably taken it anyhow without the ms train.

CB

Your train depends on how beaten the opponent is IMO.... If he is totally down, 12 seconds means nada....... To you as an attacker... :p if he isnt down and is skilled, you better have your nobles within m/s and a clear before it... Otherwise you fail... and I have seen such attacks... And we know you can do trains quicker than that so stop pretending :p

DeletedUser

12 seconds is fine as long as it has many lots of nukes in those 12 seconds to stop snipes :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

it would take longer than 12 seconds to send 4 attacks seperately...