Further improvements to Attack Planner?

Do you like this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pear

Reaction score
We are very slowly starting to see more centralised features related to additional tasks within the game. OP planning being a key one.
We now have the ability to see our tribe members troop counts, it serves its purpose and is step in the right direction. In addition to this we also have the attack planning feature, two features that are destined to be used in conjunction with one another and are becoming more widely used. I am of the opinion that tackling some quality of life issues within these smaller but vital features will help push the game to thrive in the future.

The graphical attack planner is okay in its current state, but nothing more than that. It works but it is not completely user friendly. A step in the right direction would be to start making improvements from a usability perspective. My suggestions for changes/additions are as follows:

1. Add a "clear all" button. No more clicking through each individual tiny 'x'.
  2. Tooltips on the small buttons, or at least some kind of explanation. As someone who has only recently discovered this feature I'd have loved to have known what I was clicking before actually clicking it.
  3. The ability to toggle highlights or leave them as they are. I understand that it becomes complicated as the target villages are then highlighted on the mini map but I imagine many people use their existing highlights to aid in navigating the map in general. Maybe some kind of additional "highlight" can be used as a replacement? Best of both worlds?
  4. Remove box highlight tool. Its difficult to get out of the habit of using it by mistake, especially when we go to navigating the map by clicking and dragging to then not being able to.
  5. Ability to add custom highlights via the search bar. Most tribes will have to deal with academies or allies at some point or at least will end up planning for people outside their tribes.
These changes can obviously exist without each other and I'm sure are not the only suggestions that could provide a healthier attack planner. Would be great to see the ball rolling on the further development of the games smaller features.

Cheers