Gah! I'm blind O_o

Seagryfn

What do you all think of the new Forum Skin?
It appears to have been re-arranged for the benefit of phone/PDA users.
Gonna take me a little while to get used to...
especially the miniscule, left-justified input boxes.

Of course, the whole purpose of left-justifying the input box is
immediately defeated as soon as you "preview" your post. :icon_eek:

DeletedUser

I found it a bit weird. My eyes havent got used to it yet. Going to be hard for me to find my way round the forums for a bit. Also, who voted yes for a fake limit? Its stupid to have a fake limit as when you see an incoming attack you know it has to be real, and/or worth defending!

Well, im searching round the forums now, trying to get used to it :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

Scroll down to the bottom of the page

Use the bottom left dropdown box to select 'tribalwars_old'

Old skin is back! You'll never take it for granted again.

DeletedUser

I guess I am cutting against the grain here, but I like it!

DeletedUser

thanks lucifyr..... i was beginning to worry that i'd have to put up with that lol. m eyes are much happier now lol

MichielK

Scroll down to the bottom of the page

Use the bottom left dropdown box to select 'tribalwars_old'

Old skin is back! You'll never take it for granted again.

Thank you!

I figured it was just the way my iPod shows things, but now it turned out my laptop was equally hideous :icon_eek:

DeletedUser

Few, i managed to change it back to old style! My eyes are still hurting :icon_confused:

DeletedUser

All credit goes to MasterFire who showed me first :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

Also, who voted yes for a fake limit? Its stupid to have a fake limit as when you see an incoming attack you know it has to be real, and/or worth defending!

Fake limit is where each attack must have a certain amount of population per attack eg. 2 rams or 8 population.

DeletedUser

Supposedly it's 1% of population in the village here.

I play on the Slovak world with a fake limit, where it's 1% of village points. It's basically 100 troops per fake. I voted yes for it because I'm sick of seeing players quit purely because they've got to spend too much time tagging attacks and not enough time actually playing the damn game. It would assist the defender in that attackers would have to think before they send fakes, so they actually look vaguely convincing.

I think the fake limit being enabled would have two effects:

a) We'd see a lot more offensive activity because players would be able to afford less defense - having less incoming attacks means less 'if' situations where they can utilise defense better. There's also more time available for sniping.
b) Usage of cats would escalate massively, as attacks are so easily tagged ram speed would be otherwise unconvincing and an obvious attack to dodge.

DeletedUser

I voted yes for it because I'm sick of seeing players quit purely because they've got to spend too much time tagging attacks and not enough time actually playing the damn game.

So by the same token Lucifyr, i think we should have a poll for free Premium points - I know many people quit because the cost of premium points, and beyond say 60 or 70 villages, playing this game is unmanageable without PP.

DeletedUser

So by the same token Lucifyr, i think we should have a poll for free Premium points - I know many people quit because the cost of premium points, and beyond say 60 or 70 villages, playing this game is unmanageable without PP.

Yeah, I don't think that's going to happen. :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

LOL, i didnt say it would, but a poll would be interesting.

And not so easy to predict - after all, if you can afford to buy pp, would you want to lose an advantage over n00bs who can't/won't buy pp?

DeletedUser

I voted yes for it because I'm sick of seeing players quit purely because they've got to spend too much time tagging attacks and not enough time actually playing the damn game.

Seriously? I find that sending fakes shows a level of determination and skill. For me this game is a about open warfare. Why should we have something that will handicap the attacker? Personally I believe that if you can't handle the heat you should get out of the kitchen. It's either that or get yourself a tiny rim tribe where you aren't expected to excel.