General Discussions? Alright. What got you into TW people?

Apathetic h0llygh0st

Consumer of Beverages
Reaction score
As the title says, lets share some stories :)

What got you into TW?
For me it was a friend of mine, who still laughs and somewhat pities me whenever he notices I still play this game. Since he only ever played W2 seriously =/
We were first playing Travian, but he switched over to TW for some reason. An advert perhaps.
At school he told me he already had over a 1000 spears, while in Travian troopnumbers are far fewer.

So I also gave it a shot. In the end, I have no real regrets except that I should have studied at school rather than play here. I had to redo 2 of my years...
Still managed to land a great job though luckily ^^

blckdrgn1

I saw a friend of mine playing it and upgrading building because they looked cool. Building equal numbers of all types of troops and I was like... you could put a lot more thought into how you use your resources and do better etc lol so I started playing it and got hooked.

Apathetic h0llygh0st

Consumer of Beverages
Reaction score
I saw a friend of mine playing it and upgrading building because they looked cool. Building equal numbers of all types of troops and I was like... you could put a lot more thought into how you use your resources and do better etc lol so I started playing it and got hooked.

Damn those friends of ours, giving us these costly addictions :p

DeletedUser93439

I got in during an after school stay during which I was allowed to use the pc (on a regular basis) and had nothing to do, so just browsed around a little and found TW.
Played for a loong time and just pop on now and then nowadays. Though I always remain up to date on what's cracking

rickyson1

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
some old IRC chat I was in back in the day,someone there started playing it and a couple others including me followed suit

they're long gone nowadays but i'm still around

DeletedUser121245

What do you guys think essential for starting a new tribe? What do I need to perform?

Zalinor

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score

Almost exactly the same, he trained me up... I got rimmed since that first time I did it my own way to varying levels of success.

I love and hate him in equal measures for this addiction.

What do you guys think essential for starting a new tribe? What do I need to perform?

You could start one at any time, the tough part begins when it comes to recruitment, it helps if you are a player with some good experience, or if you can convince someone that what you're going to create will be different to the 100 other tribes.

Being a good diplomat and having a good eye for strategy are the final pieces which set aside the greatest leaders.

That sounds quite simple but in reality it's not thus when people get it right other players will fight under them for many worlds.

A good leader can make a tribe, best of luck, my advice if you are serious is persevere as the first time will almost undoubtedly go poorly.

DeletedUser121258

Hi all! Its good to be back after 7 years of not playing TW.

DeletedUser76208

I found TW from a friend I used to play on Global Conflict/Free Markets with. Really sad that game isn't around anymore. I have been at it for 9 years. Spent 1 year co-playing a W7 account. Only notable world on this account was 24. I helped found the blood empire on casual. Manic and =TTD= on W24. Now I am back on 96, hoping 97's settings are decent enough I can give it a go. I miss the rim being on the actual edge of the playing field. TW2 + new world every 60 days has really limited the sizes. That and the fact that a proper world takes literal years to play. I think OBEY is going to swiftly hand all of 96 their ass, and they're going to do it pretty quickly.

w.h.b.

I started playing TW back at the end of 2006/start of 2007. Was top 10 in a couple of servers up to world 26. After that I basically quit for ages. Now I'm unemployed and bored - starting a new job in a couple of weeks, and have little to do since I relocated to another country and really don't know many people.. so yeah. Here I am (again - but not a little addicted adolescent anymore)

DeletedUser121653

I didn't know there was a forum outside of the game. Interesting. Hopefully I can get some suggestions from some of the discussion topics.