Gents Declares War On Sabre

DeletedUser1082

Precisely proving my point for all to see. And when you say something with new content I will respond to the new content. I have provided and responded to all of the content in the past.

Okey dokey, here's some new content.

You're full of shit. Everything you post is full of shit. Not lies, just bullshit. You try to discredit me without addressing any of what I say about your shitty backstabbing tribe because you know its actions thus far have been indefensible, and you think that labelling me as the root cause of the Gents hate, and therefore your only problem, and attempting to discredit me will help you to begin digging out of the PR shitstorm that Gents is in the midst of. Well, that ain't gonna work.

Your fake outrage isn't gonna work, your irritating attempts at moral superiority on the forums by invoking the meaningless principle of respect aren't going to work either. The idea of respecting eachother for the sake of it is bullshit. How you treat eachother on the forums doesn't matter, as long as you don't play the game like a bitch. All the phoney "ruining the forums" crap you spout is meaningless, I've done a lot more for these forums and been on them a lot longer than you (and most others) and trust me when I say the quality of the forums reflects the quality of the ingame play, and people will post here if they aren't totally disparaged at the game.

Here's a more targeted point to tie what I'm saying together:

Gents plays like shit, backstabbing and hugging and merging ruins the fun of the game. I don't need to do what you're doing and constantly writhe and squirm under the limelight trying to find a new way out because that's the one point I've always been trying to make, and will continue to try to make, and I don't normally even address specific posters, but you literally asked for it.
When tribes play like Gents does, and when they are so successful at doing so (which is no achievement, any tribe can play like that and don't pretend. The worst thing is that Gents could probably still have a lead and a chance at victory without having ruined an entire world for hundreds playing it), then people lose faith, stop having fun, stop getting invested, and quit. That's when activity on the forums dies.

Jacob, and all of Gents, instead of trying to focus your defences on me like I'm the root of all evil, try changing your public image by changing the way you play, as I attempted to allow you to do. Until then keep throwing all the punches you want at me, none of them are going to land.

I am sorry I am saying things that are personal, but you are doing things that I believe are way over the line for a game that is supposed to be fun for everyone playing. I think you make some valid points about gents, but they are hidden in some lies and many exaggerations. I would happily stop our back and fourths and especially the personal attacks, I don't get pleasure out of them. I know it is just a silly game, but I still feel the need to stand up to even online bullies, so that is my intention right now, I am not even speaking for gents atm, I am speaking for myself.

I appreciate the tone, but you don't have to apologise, I couldn't care less, I enjoy arguing my principles as much as anyone does, so keep it up. Sure it's a silly game, obviously whenever each of us step away from the computer screen this all flies away into insignificance, but so what? That doesn't make it any less worthwhile.
Btw, you're talking for your tribe. Perhaps without meaning to, but you are. If you were talking for yourself, you wouldn't be talking about Gents, and I'd be much kinder, as you deserve that. But not when you're defending Gents.
Extra edit: stop addig a paragraph to your posts every five minutes, it's annoying and I can't be bothered to reply to it all, just post a new post. But I will say: I don't care about earning your respect, and who said I'm not playing W80? :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser118039

Okey dokey, here's some new content.

You're full of shit. Everything you post is full of shit. Not lies, just bullshit. You try to discredit me without addressing any of what I say about your shitty backstabbing tribe because you know its actions thus far have been indefensible, and you think that labelling me as the root cause of the Gents hate, and therefore your only problem, and attempting to discredit me will help you to begin digging out of the PR shitstorm that Gents is in the midst of. Well, that ain't gonna work.

Your fake outrage isn't gonna work, your irritating attempts at moral superiority on the forums by invoking the meaningless principle of respect aren't going to work either. The idea of respecting eachother for the sake of it is bullshit. How you treat eachother on the forums doesn't matter, as long as you don't play the game like a bitch. All the phoney "ruining the forums" crap you spout is meaningless, I've done a lot more for these forums and been on them a lot longer than you (and most others) and trust me when I say the quality of the forums reflects the quality of the ingame play, and people will post here if they aren't totally disparaged at the game.

Here's a more targeted point to tie what I'm saying together:

Gents plays like shit, backstabbing and hugging and merging ruins the fun of the game. I don't need to do what you're doing and constantly writhe and squirm under the limelight trying to find a new way out because that's the one point I've always been trying to make, and will continue to try to make, and I don't normally even address specific posters, but you literally asked for it.
When tribes play like Gents does, and when they are so successful at doing so (which is no achievement, any tribe can play like that and don't pretend. The worst thing is that Gents could probably still have a lead and a chance at victory without having ruined an entire world for hundreds playing it), then people lose faith, stop having fun, stop getting invested, and quit. That's when activity on the forums dies.

Jacob, and all of Gents, instead of trying to focus your defences on me like I'm the root of all evil, try changing your public image by changing the way you play, as I attempted to allow you to do. Until then keep throwing all the punches you want at me, none of them are going to land.

I appreciate the tone, but you don't have to apologise, I couldn't care less, I enjoy arguing my principles as much as anyone does, so keep it up. Sure it's a silly game, obviously whenever each of us step away from the computer screen this all flies away into insignificance, but so what? That doesn't make it any less worthwhile.
Btw, you're talking for your tribe. Perhaps without meaning to, but you are. If you were talking for yourself, you wouldn't be talking about Gents, and I'd be much kinder, as you deserve that. But not when you're defending Gents.
Extra edit: stop addig a paragraph to your posts every five minutes, it's annoying and I can't be bothered to reply to it all, just post a new post. But I will say: I don't care about earning your respect, and who said I'm not playing W80? :lol:

There is no new content in this post. No facts or statistics to support any of your intense language, nothing I can actually respond to Steve. Just yelling.

So I will try and bring up some content. The only really annoying things I think we did to take a big lead that other tribes maybe wouldn't have done is merge the IT and Lust members, and bring in Balian and a couple other players in the south.

1) Lust

We merged the lust members because they had no leader and we didn't want to abandon our allies, we would rather of had them as our allies, but if we hadn't merged them they would have been basically eaten by our enemies.

2) IT
With IT I agree we did this to take a big early lead, we could have fought them and taken them out, but instead we built a solid lead and added 5 very skilled active players to our team. I can clearly see how this was bad for every other tribe on the world, but to say this wasn't strategic and was just cowardly and ruined the world for every other player to me is a huge exaggeration and was pnp to turn everyone against us and close our lead.

3) Bailan
People in our tribe know bailan, he asked to join a number of times, he was sitting many frontline accounts and felt like his tribe basically abandoned him. We again could have taken him out, but after some debate decided to bring him in, as we knew he would be a strong, loyal addition and that it would help us grow through ruffs much quicker to counter regimes quick growth through bugz's seemingly inactives.

Other things that have been mentioned:
1) Yes, Brad has lots of people wanting to spy for him, every leader does.
2) We have never turned on an ally. TH had fallen apart and disbanded before we started attacking them as their leadership had given up. And most we found a safe haven for in Bugz, we have time and again went out of our way to help allies when it hurt our own growth. Sabre was planning to stab us in the back and hit our ally bugz.

DeletedUser1082

So fitting that the voice of Gents is posting like a writhing little worm, avoiding all said about it and shrinking ever further into a corner, begging for people to love it.

That said, you've done the admiral thing of boring me off of you. There's no point trying to convince a blind, delusional hypocrite to listen to you.

Edit: Jesus just reread before you post! What's the point of editing everything you type five times, it makes it a totally different post, aargh infuriation.

DeletedUser116033

I can see both sides here.

Malreaux, while your posts are intriguing and well written they have no substance. It's a whole lot of opinion and often very little fact, so any facts you do choose to occasionally throw in are taken for opinion too. It's an old PnP style we have all used. Personal bias with well known statements to give the impression of authenticity. If you included a little more facts/evidence and a little less name calling then your posts would be respected & valued far more.

Jacob, Quantity does not mean quality. All anyone has to see is a wall of text a good few paragraphs long, to say something that could be summarized in one. And with the ADHD of the internet world now, nobody will read it (tl;dr). My Pet peeve you do a lot, saying the same thing three different ways. Just because you use more intelligent words in the two other paragraphs does not make the post more intelligent. If you can demonstrate a clear thought process of your opinion and how you reached your assumptions people will tend to agree with you, instead of typing them to death. Though I will commend that you never resort to petty language.

Same thing for both really, less bitching and more fact.

DeletedUser118039

I can see both sides here.

Malreaux, while your posts are intriguing and well written they have no substance. It's a whole lot of opinion and often very little fact, so any facts you do choose to occasionally throw in are taken for opinion too. It's an old PnP style we have all used. Personal bias with well known statements to give the impression of authenticity. If you included a little more facts/evidence and a little less name calling then your posts would be respected & valued far more.

Jacob, Quantity does not mean quality. All anyone has to see is a wall of text a good few paragraphs long, to say something that could be summarized in one. And with the ADHD of the internet world now, nobody will read it (tl;dr). My Pet peeve you do a lot, saying the same thing three different ways. Just because you use more intelligent words in the two other paragraphs does not make the post more intelligent. If you can demonstrate a clear thought process of your opinion and how you reached your assumptions people will tend to agree with you, instead of typing them to death. Though I will commend that you never resort to petty language.

Same thing for both really, less bitching and more fact.

I don't agree with your analysis of me. I don't repeat myself, unless it is for what I deem to be necessary clarification and deconstruction, I don't believe I "bitch" w/e you mean by that, and I think I use as much content and fact as possible, more than I see almost anybody else using frankly. I care more about taking the time to say something meaningful, then posting short posts with tags. If it is too much for people to read or follow so be it. But that doesn't mean that I repeat myself or it lacks quality as you implied from your comments. I think if people don't like my posts it says more about their anti gents sentiments and as you implied the attention span of the average forum reader than it does the quality of my posts.

Furthermore, in my last post I just summarized and gave my opinion on basically everything that everyone has been saying over and over again about gents for weeks in like only 5 short bullet points.

DeletedUser

It is clearly evident you construed your words and personal opinion over a vast canvass of text to seem more intelligent and pretend yourself that you sit proudly on the higher horse Jacob.

I also agree with Marmite, in that, Steve is using a smear campaign style approach. Reminds me of the Templars from AC as he wants best but the path he has chosen to his intended goal isn't commendable.

DeletedUser118039

That has never been my intention, it is just how I think and write.

DeletedUser

If it is so then I do apologise. Marmite makes a point of repetition in your structuring and well, to be put bluntly, blog size worthy messages are never popular. So I did, or rather have, assumed the worse of your perspective.

You make great points but to make everyone happier and to give others less to nit pick at you condensing Or just giving structure to your articulation will only benefit you.

Again my apologies and hope to read further input from yourself :?

DeletedUser118039

Thanks mate, I appreciate that and I think you give some good advice:)