Gians Family (war machine)

DeletedUser105906

Nope. It is the path they choose, no one stopped you from doing any such, so stop complaining.

Also, it is very common in TW to find excuses when you are losing. Real life take front seat every time, I myself did that in a few worlds that I did not put effort into. I do not blame you.

So how can you not blame them for something they chose to do?

It is like saying if a person chose to shoot some one it isn't their fault because thats the path they chose meaning they can't be blamed? o_O At least that is what I picked up.

Meh, I might just stay and quit after I regain all my points right :icon_idea:

DeletedUser

No, it was certainly not spo-on. By at least your joining date in the forum it seems you have at least started playing this game since 2008. To make a comment about tribal size in TW, is one of the classic lame excuses. No one is to blame if you are outnumbered other than yourself. I suppose that is one of the reason, Impact had the urgency to recruit SS.Got and Ego players, just like Riot! recruited Gians and TKT players.

There was a 2-3 year gap in there where I managed to stay away from TW, so the join date isn't 100% accurate as an indicator of my experience, but basically yes.

As for tribal size, it may be a classic excuse but it's also a correct one in many instances. Now don't get me wrong, being outnumbered doesn't always automatically spell disaster, it depends on how many of those players are actually involved. It was patently obvious that Gians didn't have 100% participation. Most tribes don't, so that's not a big deal really. That being said, Rx was still the clear underdogs even counting only the people who were involved.

My basic point was that because those attacking Cyber had a rather large advantage in the number of villages they could draw on, eventually they would've battered their way past his defenses. That's not to take anything away from what he did, or even make the players attacking him seem bad, but it's a well-known truth that because nukes rebuild quicker than defense, the advantage in a drawn out conflict tends to follow those who are the aggressor. Sure they'll run into stacks and their troops will kill fewer of the enemy than is cost-effective, even factoring in the quicker rebuild times, but that's where the advantage in village numbers come from.

As far as blaming other people for being outnumbered, I don't really see any of that going on. Now that you mention it however, Gians would've always outmassed Rx. Their main tribe was larger, because they were closer to the Core and thus had been playing longer. Their main tribe was also, at one point, a good tribe from everything I heard. That's how they got people to join their family, because people wanted to be associated with a good tribe. Understandable on the part of those other people. Eventually though, Gians basically went on a recruiting rampage. I can kind of see the point in having 2 tribes. 120 people aren't easy to coordinate, but it's doable. A 3rd tribe makes that exponentially harder, and lowers the efficiency by extreme amounts. Most successful tribes don't WANT to put themselves in that position. Gians did, which is why they outnumbered Rx by a significant amount. Rx was formed from the best that 2 families had to offer, but stuck to 1 tribe worth of size. I really don't blame them, that's what most good tribes try to do, to increase efficiency (and also decrease boredom, since it's a lot harder for 60 people to block all growth for some than it is for 120+ to do so).

Since most won't bother to read my walls of text....it's hard to blame Rx for being outnumbered because they haven't been around as long, chose not to go the family route, and Gians had already recruited every decent free agent in the area (including many who weren't decent).

DeletedUser

This is so boring calling people noob and/or elite in this game....

Gians is dead/gone.... Thanks to RX

As SS.Got and EGO is dead/gone... Thanks to Impact.

Can we move forward now !?

Fixed.

True

BUT Impact defeated Ego and you guys hugged Gians.

Winning!

emoticon-00137-clapping.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

earthquake girl

There was a 2-3 year gap in there where I managed to stay away from TW, so the join date isn't 100% accurate as an indicator of my experience, but basically yes.

As for tribal size, it may be a classic excuse but it's also a correct one in many instances. Now don't get me wrong, being outnumbered doesn't always automatically spell disaster, it depends on how many of those players are actually involved. It was patently obvious that Gians didn't have 100% participation. Most tribes don't, so that's not a big deal really. That being said, Rx was still the clear underdogs even counting only the people who were involved.

My basic point was that because those attacking Cyber had a rather large advantage in the number of villages they could draw on, eventually they would've battered their way past his defenses. That's not to take anything away from what he did, or even make the players attacking him seem bad, but it's a well-known truth that because nukes rebuild quicker than defense, the advantage in a drawn out conflict tends to follow those who are the aggressor. Sure they'll run into stacks and their troops will kill fewer of the enemy than is cost-effective, even factoring in the quicker rebuild times, but that's where the advantage in village numbers come from.

As far as blaming other people for being outnumbered, I don't really see any of that going on. Now that you mention it however, Gians would've always outmassed Rx. Their main tribe was larger, because they were closer to the Core and thus had been playing longer. Their main tribe was also, at one point, a good tribe from everything I heard. That's how they got people to join their family, because people wanted to be associated with a good tribe. Understandable on the part of those other people. Eventually though, Gians basically went on a recruiting rampage. I can kind of see the point in having 2 tribes. 120 people aren't easy to coordinate, but it's doable. A 3rd tribe makes that exponentially harder, and lowers the efficiency by extreme amounts. Most successful tribes don't WANT to put themselves in that position. Gians did, which is why they outnumbered Rx by a significant amount. Rx was formed from the best that 2 families had to offer, but stuck to 1 tribe worth of size. I really don't blame them, that's what most good tribes try to do, to increase efficiency (and also decrease boredom, since it's a lot harder for 60 people to block all growth for some than it is for 120+ to do so).

Since most won't bother to read my walls of text....it's hard to blame Rx for being outnumbered because they haven't been around as long, chose not to go the family route, and Gians had already recruited every decent free agent in the area (including many who weren't decent).

I read it all, and I think a warning and a towel would have been nice.

So how can you not blame them for something they chose to do?

It is like saying if a person chose to shoot some one it isn't their fault because thats the path they chose meaning they can't be blamed? o_O At least that is what I picked up.

Meh, I might just stay and quit after I regain all my points right :icon_idea:

Perhaps the problem is that you're looking to assign blame.