GIF map

DeletedUser

I'm going to be making a GIF file of W54. I will get a new image of the world every day (hopefully) and turn it into an animated .gif file.

It will be a simple map (just taken from twstats) Anything else becomes too tedious to update.

Right now i have nothing, but the reason for posting this is:

What tribes do you want to see in this? I will put in a few of the top tribes, but i would mostly like to just select the promising tribes that are going to stay in this world.

Once my colors + tribes are chosen, they aren't going to change.

Obviously, ill replace a tribe if it disbands or anything like that, but the colors aren't going to change as rank changes.

So anyway, just list the top 12 tribes (i think thats the limit on twstats) that you want to see, ill look into them, and probably start making the map on thursday or friday.

DeletedUser

storm!, Bug!, ikea, party!, act1, -f-, Chick3n, Yawn!, Phoenx, Angry!, Fall, Bye?
if there are still slots: Punch! and ~Glad~

well i just picked tribes in the top 60 of the rankings
that are relatively high to their points/members..
now dont flame me here.. he said what you wanted to see..
and i just stated the tribes i wanted to see

DeletedUser

Why not just take the maps from nikjer and put those in the gif?

DeletedUser30632

top 10-15 by players/points? If that doesn't require too much searching every day :D

DeletedUser

make two... top players and top tribes :)

top 10-15 as Rogier kindly suggested...

DeletedUser

Why not just take the maps from nikjer and put those in the gif?

Because most of the tribes are awful and won't last a month.

I'm picking tribes that i think will stay around. And i don't want too many so the colors will be easily distinguishable. Heres the first one i made

CHIKEN - blue
YAWN! - teal
BUG! - purple
PARTY! - green
STORM! - white
-F- - yellow
IKEA - pink
PHOENX - orange
ANGRY -red

[SPOIL]
en54
[/SPOIL]

DeletedUser

Well imho, if you're going to make a gif with tribes throughout the world, it would be nice to include those that are now in the top, awful or not. They are at the top.

DeletedUser

[SPOIL]
en54
[/SPOIL]

added PUNCH!

im not sure if ill be able to find a color for any other tribes now.

DeletedUser

If you're going to leave maps like that, could you add continent lines?

DeletedUser

Well imho, if you're going to make a gif with tribes throughout the world, it would be nice to include those that are now in the top, awful or not. They are at the top.

just to make this clear for everyone:

I want to keep doing this map for a while. So we can look back on the history of the world and see how the tribes grew.

That won't work well if i have to remove a tribe and replace their color every time one of the mass-recruiting top 10 (current) tribes disbands.... Get it?

DeletedUser

I'm picking tribes that i think will stay around. And i don't want too many so the colors will be easily distinguishable. Heres the first one i made

CHIKEN - blue
YAWN! - teal
BUG! - purple
PARTY! - green
STORM! - white
-F- - yellow
IKEA - pink
PHOENX - orange
ANGRY -red

[SPOIL]
en54
[/SPOIL]

Could you get a brigther color for BUG! ?

And have the continent outlines/numbers.

DeletedUser

I changed the color of BUG + IKEA a little bit. I Can't make the purple too light or they will blend in with IKEA. I think it looks a little better.

And im not a big fan of continent lines. They take away from the things that you are supposed to be looking at.

And after all, this game is about conquering the world, not just your continent.

[SPOIL]
en54
[/SPOIL]

[SPOIL]
en54
[/SPOIL]