Implemented Giving Paladins a 10-15% buff to Heavy Cavalry & Archers (and fix tribal skill)

TheBeatConductor

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Hello all,

I think most people that have played the current Paladin system can agree that it feels like a certain meta is being forced. Spears/Swords as defense are insanely powerful early to mid game and its not until very late game when you have way too many frontline villages to cycle through paladins that archers (and heavy cavalry to a lesser degree) become effective units.
Paladins in its current state give NO buffs for Archers, HC and Mounted Archers.
The tribal skill in its current state gives NO buffs for HC.

(This combined with the fact that all three units already receive less buff items than sp/sw and axe/lc...)

I can only conclude that this new paladin system wasn't designed with Archer worlds in mind (and somehow forgot about HC).
Of course a 30% buff to Archers and HC on paladins would make them the overpowered units, which we wouldn't want either.

So what I propose is for paladins to give:
- A 15% buff to Archers
- A 10% buff to Heavy Cavalry
- A 15% buff to Mounted Archers
(They are the weakest units in the game, I think they deserve it!)

And lastly, a smaller change, i would like to see the tribal skill include Heavy Cavalry in its offense/defense buff. i think half of what the other units get would be fair. So 4% at max level (The other units get 8%)

In conclusion I think Inno forces its meta too hard on paladin worlds and these changes would help. These % buffs aren't set in stone, they are just general ideas to get a more balanced playing field.

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
DS-19866
92% yes with 13 yes votes before poll got accidentally wiped. Counts recovered from cache.

Last edited:

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
This has been implemented in 8.320

Note that this has been implemented as a separate skill system and does not apply to the existing worlds. We also made some tweaks to the actual balancing.
New worlds will have this setting available (but needs to be activated). In other words, it is a new skill system version and both versions can still be used on worlds.

Last edited: