Goodby

lt181

It is always sad to hear the news of someone else's misfortune. I've heard that there exist other cultures where the concept of death is thought of totally different than how it is in western "Modern" culture. It's difficult for me to believe that that is true because of how deeply ingrained our particular view of death is in our psyche, but I would like to believe that it's true. That death can be thought of as a beginning rather than an end. But even if that is true in other cultures, it fails to change the fact that death is always a loss to the people that shared this life with the departed.

I try not to overemphasize sorrow when these things are brought up into the public forums for a few reasons. One of those reasons is that I feel at times people say things because they are supposed to say them rather than they truly mean them. However, I could imagine how hard it might be for one with a young child to be slipping away, and I imagine that that part of it would be harder than most situations (although all would be difficult).

You have my best wishes. I would tell you to not lose hope. I don't know your situation, but I do know that the progress medical science makes is exponential at this point, and a diagnosis of death today may not be a diagnosis of death tomorrow.

Good luck to you and your family.