Goodbye and CND Archives

DeletedUser

So the world is finally ending... It's been a long journey.
CND played a pretty big part of it, along with Center, Hippos, HRV, and the tribes left standing.
Anyone interested in knowing what I'm up to can check out my awesome blog.

And for the last few weeks of the world, I thought I might dip into the CND archives and release some 'top-secret' material.
Kind of a history of the world from the point of view of CND.
It could be interesting for you guys...

DeletedUser

sounds interesting mate, makes me wish i had saved the IRA archives from the earlier days in the northwest as well, could have tried to piece together what went on where and when in the early days :)

DeletedUser78416

My memory might be a bit hazy, but can someone fill me in on how CND played a big part in the world?

Granted, many fine players came from CND to C², but as far as CND as a tribe...I just remember them being clustered in the center, not really expanding or doing much besides fighting C²...Then the merge.

It's been more than 2.3 years since CND was a tribe, and they were a tribe for appx. 1.4 years.

Hard to think a tribe that long ago had much of an impact on how the world turned out today.

Very few initial tribes make it to the end, if at all in some cases.

edit: but the premise is good. We should all air out our dirty little secrets and maybe not so dirty secrets. I wanna know from C² if mhmdasf was really a spy or not, either the player himself or his account for spying use. That has been bugging me off and on for a while now...sorry to derail.

DeletedUser

They played a big part because they gave c2 the core, very skilled players, and almost complete control over the west with Bang! (an ally) to their north (northwest of the world). As a result, Plight and =HRV= (and ORC) were left with less than half the world to grow into, which already gave c2 more territory to begin with. In addition, when Bang! and ORC eventually worked out a merge, then the Bang! players and a few ORC ones went over to c2 while the rest went over to Plight, the whole situation that began with secure territory for c2 gave c2 the whole western end of the world, leaving it free to expand east in the south against HRV with northern support until Plight jumped in.

Their impact is not just measured in their actions, like the fights they had in taking out other top tribes earlier in the world than you can recall, but also in what the impact of their decision to merge c2. Their tribe clearly had an impact in that regard.

DeletedUser

The total impact of CND on the world is for other people to judge. I'd say it was pretty significant, but I'm not exactly neutral.

The first thread in the archive is the standard 'Welcome and Intro' thread. Reminded me of a lot of stuff I'd forgotten.
A bunch of us had started in world 7, where I learned to play. On world 9 I founded a tribe called BATZ. We were a core tribe and did pretty well, until our best ally turned on us in an amazing act of black-hearted opportunism. As a leader, I did okay, but was too conservative. Still, we kicked a fair amount of ass, and were extremely solid in defence. We impressed a lot of the big hitters of world 9 in wars we fought against them. When we started out on w16 (with the name Campaign for Noob Disarmament), a bunch of them decided to join us.

So in addition to our 'home-grown' stars like rascal-the-cat, Pistol, realkazman, and Tyler Durden, we had the cream of other w9 tribes too - Kalenzo, terryoski, societe, TilenM, and Rqzaniq, possibly the best player from w16.

We were spread out, but were pretty strong in k54. The other strong tribe there were some dudes called Center... more about them next time!

DeletedUser

Tyler Durden...I remember his ODD soaring above everyone else's, and hearing about how he was an unbeatable defender :icon_razz:.

Rqzaniq I also remember as being extremely skilled, rascal-the-cat...well, the stats speak for themselves, I need not explain how much rascal does in the tribe to show that rascal is undoubtedly one of the best players still around (if not ever on this world), and a great tribemate. The same goes for realkazman, so I'd say yeah, there was definitely an impact from players as well :).

Come on now, we want more dirt on CND, that's what this thread is being read for :icon_wink:!

rascal-the-cat

wow! Thanks for the kind words u6, I'm not convinced they are deserved but even so. :icon_biggrin:

Beardsy! It's great to see some stuff from my ex glorious leader on these forums. For those of you who never played in a tribe with beardsy I can tell you that he has his own unique style - charismatic, laid back, pragmatic, massively egotistical ..... all that and much more. All in all a great character to play this sort of game with. When beardsy was wooed away from Tribal Wars by the fast paced life of the international jet setter it was a great loss to CND and quite possibly the beginning of the end.

DeletedUser

wow! Thanks for the kind words u6, I'm not convinced they are deserved but even so. :icon_biggrin:

having been on the receiving end of you're skill in 2 out of the 3? ops done on me in the course of the war i can say they are deserved... some of the most intense defending i've ever had to do lol.

DeletedUser

So our first challenge was some dudes called Center...

Their duke, Onaryc, wiped out one of our semi-active players. It's funny looking at our support thread for the pitiful quantities involved!

Attacker: Onaryc
Village: 54-NM-25-54 (454|525) K54

Quantity: 0 0 532 1 0 0 0 0 0
Losses: 0 0 66 0 0 0 0 0 0

and there goes my troops -_-

Should we coordinate an attack on him ? Hopefully lots of cats, make him regret it ? If we do so it would probably start some kind of war

War is not very smart right now over one of our semi-active players being cleared.

We can get something positive out of this, tikay needs us to sit him I think.

There then followed quite a lot of this kind of thing:

I'll be sending 100 sp/ 50sw.
50 swords are on the way
My 40/40 are inbound

The probing and attacking went on for a while. The slow speed and distance between us all made it quite frustrating, worrying about our guy.

Then things heated up -

Onaryc now has an academy, I'm actually starting to believe that he will target Pistol and have us believe that he will try and noble or clear out Tikay. If I were in his shoes it is what I would do, looking at Pistol's OD score, it's clear that he primarily uses offensive troops.

Here's what I mean:

I would send numerous fakes at Tikay (to make it seem as if I will eventually attack) and send clear + noble to Pistol. Even if support arrives it wouldn't bother me much as:

a) I'm pretty sure the bulk of it wouldn't arrive on time (+ I already have good reason to believe that Tikay's tribemates have heavily supported him).
b) I know that Pistol is a primarily offensive player (yes I know I've sat you Pistol but your od score speaks for itself :p)
c) Even if his tribemates do send support, the wall will be down. If they send troops then that's win/win for me (easy OD) Plus if his tribemates recall support from Tikay then that's an added bonus.

What's everyones thoughts on this?

But Tikay was the target and our rubbish little batches of spearmen had added up...

Attacker: Onaryc
Village: Hello from Cyrano (454|525) K54

Quantity: 0 0 1552 0 0 0 118 2 0
Losses: 0 0 1552 0 0 0 118 2 0

Pistol wasn't worried about being a noble target:

I'm just too far from him to be his first noble - I will always see it coming and unless he managed to get a L3 academy and 3 nobles he'll need 3 runs at me with something like an 8 hour lead in - gives us 32+ hours to get support to me and gives me two opportunities to chase him home, given what he's just seen happen at Tikay's he's unlikely to do it I think.

I think he should be more worried about us nobling him....

Pistol scouted Onaryc, and even after his failed attack he still had almost 1000 LC - insane numbers at that stage of the game. A threat!

Pistol's not the kind of guy to leave threats lying around:

I'll leave Pistol to post up the full reports but he has done some serious damage to our friend Onaryc -

Damage by rams: The wall has been damaged and downgraded from level 12 to level 3
Damage by catapult bombardment: The Academy has been damaged and downgraded from level 1 to level 0
Damage by catapult bombardment: The Smithy has been damaged and downgraded from level 20 to level 17

He won't be sending any nobles out anytime soon! :D

Well done Pistol.

Boom!

But Onaryc was a mean player himself:

My axes are being chased home, I assume by lc but I only just got back. Got under 2 seconds to get them back out again so I need the server lag to be my friend I think.

Potentially a scout fake - I will try and dodge some scouts in front of it as well. Tikay could be a decoy this time... He already attacked blind and lost all his axes, if were guessing I would say they are either both fakes or the one at Tikay is real as he knows how many troops are left there.

Where is Beardsy? This is pointless - onaryc made a stupid mistake and potentially we're all going to be wasting resources and time firing at each other because of it.

Would Pistol lose his huge axe army?

No! He dodged. Two seconds is more than enough time! And though two of the best players in the world slugging it out was cool, it was also futile. Maybe it was time to get diplomatic:

I moved to Zurich five days ago and have been working long hours every day. I just found that I can get net access at the hotel from someone who lives nearby but it isn't reliable.

Do you want me to talk to Onaryc?

Beardsy I see no reason for anyone to get involved at this point, he and Pistol had a good chat and basically said all there is to say.

There was one thing left to say ... Cyrano had posted on a thread called something like 'post a picture of you'. He was holding up a card saying onaryc = cyrano. One of our guys photoshopped it...

io3436wo0.jpg

:icon_twisted:

A couple of guys wanted to post it on the main forum, but we weren't that kind of tribe. We let our armies do the talking. And if we had made fun of Cyrano on the forum, we might not have been able to ally with Center... but that came later...

DeletedUser

being a member of the "Center for kids who can't read good" was one of my top experience in an initial world.... and merging into CND was another one ;-)

thank you beardsy for bringing back this historical material!

themonkey

And for the last few weeks of the world, I thought I might dip into the CND archives and release some 'top-secret' material.
Kind of a history of the world from the point of view of CND.
It could be interesting for you guys...

Just in case this does happen and I'm not around to defend myself, I'm going to get my apologies in to other tribes now for being a bit of a scheming, sneaky git. Oh, and to everyone else for being a potty mouth :icon_redface:.

On a different note, hello to a few old friends.

DeletedUser

Oh my god, it's one of the few posters I ever actually respected :icon_eek:. I was your secret admirer :icon_redface:. You were definitely my favorite poster ever :icon_biggrin:.

DeletedUser

So our first challenge was some dudes called Center...

You were just biding your time until you could post that picture, eh Beardsy? lol
But I think working things out diplomatically between Center and CND ended up working out just fine.

My memory might be a bit hazy, but can someone fill me in on how CND played a big part in the world?

CND was a major early world tribe, and as such changed the world accordingly. How would the world have turned out had Hippos emerged victorious over CND? If I remember correctly, Hippos had quite a few alliances with tribes outside the core, such as HRV for example. If CND didn't work to dissolve that alliance, or if CND failed to play a major role in defeating Hippos, the world obviously would of turned out markedly differently. In that regard, CND played a big part in this world... setting the stage for later events.

DeletedUser

You were just biding your time until you could post that picture, eh Beardsy? lol

I'd genuinely forgotten all about it until I started looking through the archives.
Did you ever see it in our forums? We maybe should have hidden it!

Back to the story:

At more or less the same time as the Cyrano incident, two of our players started to worry about an aggressive Center player in their 9x9. His name was The Monkey. He was well-placed, with a fair few high-point tribemates nearby.

TheMonkey is worrying me quite a lot. I'm not so concerned about Spleen mage as he's a fair way away in a slow world. Anyway, I can't help but feel that a confrontation with TheMonkey at some stage or another will be inevitable. He looks to be a good player in a good tribe. I think we'll have to see what others in our tribe think before we act aggressively against him, but we'll probably get the go-ahead as we seem to be fairly bloody-minded!

I'm not sure if it's best to attack him ASAP or wait until later when it may be easier to recover from the losses. The earlier we attack him, the further away we still are from nobling season and the less likely it is for Center to declare war on us/CND imo. Of course we could just leave him be and see how it pans out, or wait until we have rams/cats in decent quantities and try to knock down his village...

What do you reckon?

I think you're right that confrontation is quite possibly inevitable.

The thought of taking him out scares me. I've noticed he's fairly vocal on the forum and obviously a big cheese in Center. Messing with him is going to cause more than a few ripples.

If we're going to do it, maybe sooner is better as if it does all go tits up, we've less to lose if Center do decide to nuke us. As of tomorrow morning I'll be ready for cats and rams bar getting the research done and so ready to start churning them out at the end of tomorrow. I'm presuming we'll need a good number :)

Of course the other point is though that he's left both of us alone and his OD rank suggests he's not exactly a sim city player. I'm sure he's only being sensible given we're next door to each other, but he's not even tried scouting yet which to me shows a bit of respect. Is there anything to be gained from talking to him?

Bear in mind that this is my 1st game so this is all slightly uncharted territory to me. I think this game is a lot more vicious and attack minded than Travian (and better for it) so happy to be led on this one.

My personal opinion is best not to start wars early when lots of easy nobling can be done. I think if you do attack him you should wait till nobles as otherwise he'll just get stacked and it serves little purpose.

I'm sitting Adam and he has just been scouted by The Monkey ...

I'll report back if any more attacks happen.

More attacks did happen - Adam got his village wiped out.

We need to organize support here!

Seems easier to knock out his army than defend against it - 900 axes!

Monkey sent more attacks, but then an attack fell off the radar.

Interesting he canceled it.......

Perhaps he has been chatting to Onaryc?

But the attacks resumed!
Support was organised -

OK, as I am a kazillion hours away, I have sent my support.

You K54 guys can use my arrival time as the coordination time

That is excellent, we will have some more news in an hour or so, I think that adam and redherring will both need support so if we could all churn out another 100 defence guys today it would be much appreciated.

At this point, the archived thread stops. I'm 99% sure we didn't lose the village, but I can't remember if we did anything to TheMonkey. I feel like we chased his army home and wiped it out, but maybe someone else can remember the exact details.

Anyway, this incident plus the Cyrano one happened around the same time, and CND and Center started talking to each other. By then it was clear we were pretty similar tribes in terms of skill, size, and philosophy. And we had a mutual enemy:
Hippos!

MichielK

edit: but the premise is good. We should all air out our dirty little secrets and maybe not so dirty secrets. I wanna know from C² if mhmdasf was really a spy or not, either the player himself or his account for spying use. That has been bugging me off and on for a while now...sorry to derail.

The previous 42 answers weren't enough? No, he wasn't a spy. Neither was Alexhol, in case anyone wants to drag that story out again.

As much as we chuckled at our enemies chasing shadows, the bottom line is that we didn't use spies. The fact that I actually forwarded mails from people offering to spy for us right back to their leadership should've been a clue :icon_razz:

rascal-the-cat

At this point, the archived thread stops. I'm 99% sure we didn't lose the village, but I can't remember if we did anything to TheMonkey. I feel like we chased his army home and wiped it out, but maybe someone else can remember the exact details.

My recollection is that redherring chased his army home and cleared all of Monkey's troops. Well more accurately that Pistol told redherring exactly what to do and he did it perfectly.

Perhaps Monkey will pass by soon to confirm if that is accurate.

themonkey

My recollection is that redherring chased his army home and cleared all of Monkey's troops. Well more accurately that Pistol told redherring exactly what to do and he did it perfectly.

Perhaps Monkey will pass by soon to confirm if that is accurate.

Memory is hazy... From what I remember I definitely got hit on the backtime, but I think I only lost my axes. We set up a counter back-time of that back time from Scarge's account as my LC's weren't back, but Pistol sat and dodged about 1.5 seconds (I think), and that was including other spam attacks I sent inbetween those time points to try and slow things up

It was the impressive performance of that, including the good grace and banter whilst it was all on-going that made us so receptive to teaming up with CND. (Contingent on me not getting my a$$ handed to me any harder than I did up until that point hehe).

DeletedUser

Ehh memories... It will never be the same...

Love to all of the old CND guys (kisses)