Goodbye to all

DeletedUser

I am deleting my account.

I have mixed feelings on the issue

It is kind of nice to go out as the number one player in the world. but my reasons for deleting make is sad.

I have terminal cancer-- which has resulted in many hospital stays--the loss of my voice (im a singer)--the loss of my family (ex took my kids) -- The loss of my fianace (she couldnt deal with seeing me sick and dying)

Tribal wars has been my escape and the only place I had what i could kind of consider "friends"

Chemo and pain meds sometimes made me kind of short with my temper (and for that I apologize) Yet I worked hard to advance and support my tribe ... Im sure several people remember i was the ONLY person to ever have villages ion ALL 100 continents.

however recently even after being told of my health issues. some very selfish players in my tribe decided that kissing the ass of a new player and getting someone get thier number one rating was more important than any loyalty and definalty more important than allowing me to have this ONE escape in life that has brought me my only joy in quite some time (And I know its sad this is all i have anymore).

I was kicked from the alliance and explained my problems with being sick. I was then told ... hey its ok, apologize and we will work something out. I apologized and while very very ill i went to bed. i awoke to find my suppossed friends in CULT and OT DECIMATING my account.

So after 6 years of loyalty and fighting cancer i am tossed to the curb and stripped of the one thing that brought me a little joy in life. It is sad that the only thing important to CULT and OT is points and getting their way... I truly truly and glad to know Kreger is long gone. and the sad part is i have better freinds on the other side of the war..

I know its just a game AND THATS MY DAMN POINT!!!!

I am being offered up as a sacrifice so teh war can go on and on...

I will be deleting my one joy in life later on tonite. and in reality i will prolly end my life soon cuz the pain is just too much to deal with..

I hope everyone has a nice life...

Dave

DeletedUser

Hello Dave. What you have experienced is nothing out of the ordinary and happens to many players. I know how it feels to be in a position where you feel that there is nothing you can do. Fortunately I can say that I made my choice to quit Tribalwars a year ago after playing for several years and deciding to move on. Hoping that you and many others read this, I think the way to tackle this issue is to believe in yourself, NEVER give up and always keep fighting. You have ONLY failed when you give up. If you think you’re beaten, you are. If you think you dare not, you don’t. If you’d like to win, but think you can’t, It’s almost a cinch you won’t. If you think you’ll lose, then you’ve already lost for out in the world we find that success begins with a person's will, it’s all a state of mind. If you think you’re out-classed, you are; you’ve got to think high to rise. You’ve got to be sure of yourself, if you ever want to obtain a prize. Life’s battles does not always go to the stronger or faster man. But, sooner or later, the man who wins is the man who THINKS he can! With that, I suggest that you make a big comeback on World 67 and if you're looking for any support, I'm willing to take the ride with you pal. You can contact me via Skype at imaginaryopponent-tw

DeletedUser

I am deleting my account.

I have mixed feelings on the issue

It is kind of nice to go out as the number one player in the world. but my reasons for deleting make is sad.

I have terminal cancer-- which has resulted in many hospital stays--the loss of my voice (im a singer)--the loss of my family (ex took my kids) -- The loss of my fianace (she couldnt deal with seeing me sick and dying)

Tribal wars has been my escape and the only place I had what i could kind of consider "friends"

Chemo and pain meds sometimes made me kind of short with my temper (and for that I apologize) Yet I worked hard to advance and support my tribe ... Im sure several people remember i was the ONLY person to ever have villages ion ALL 100 continents.

however recently even after being told of my health issues. some very selfish players in my tribe decided that kissing the ass of a new player and getting someone get thier number one rating was more important than any loyalty and definalty more important than allowing me to have this ONE escape in life that has brought me my only joy in quite some time (And I know its sad this is all i have anymore).

I was kicked from the alliance and explained my problems with being sick. I was then told ... hey its ok, apologize and we will work something out. I apologized and while very very ill i went to bed. i awoke to find my suppossed friends in CULT and OT DECIMATING my account.

So after 6 years of loyalty and fighting cancer i am tossed to the curb and stripped of the one thing that brought me a little joy in life. It is sad that the only thing important to CULT and OT is points and getting their way... I truly truly and glad to know Kreger is long gone. and the sad part is i have better freinds on the other side of the war..

I know its just a game AND THATS MY DAMN POINT!!!!

I am being offered up as a sacrifice so teh war can go on and on...

I will be deleting my one joy in life later on tonite. and in reality i will prolly end my life soon cuz the pain is just too much to deal with..

I hope everyone has a nice life...

Dave

Dave, sorry to hear of your illness and I hope there is a way that you can beat it. Don't take it personally that loved ones have disappeared. It's fairly common for spouses, family and friends to make an exit when someone is sick. It's not any reflection on your worth as a person. They aren't strong enough to face it. I hope you have trustworthy people who stand by you and will help you through this. There are plenty of of good people in the world.

It's just a game but it's not just a game. The relationships we have are real and we are living a part of our real lives here together. What goes on can have a real impact.

My guess is that OT is trying to demonstrate a show of strenth, making an example of you for whatever the disagreements were and I don't really care what they were. For OT leadership to make it public that they couldn't resolve issues with the rank one player doesn't come accross as any show of strength. Seems more like a failure to me. So if it were my decision, it would be best kept quiet. I guess OT members are supposed to be warned by this that if they step out of line, they might be next. :icon_eek:

What would impress me is if OT were taking out a rank one player who was an enemy. Now that would really impress me. :lol:

Take good care of yourself and I hope it comforts you to know that I will have you in my thoughts and prayers.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Khan you know the worst part you are the person being the kindest to me both in real life and in game terms and you were my most hated rival for the last 5 years :p

DeletedUser

Thanks. There are always some silver linings in every cloud. Keep looking for them! ;)

DeletedUser108278

This thread raises questions for me - and my condolences to you eyes; albeit an enemy on the game, you are also a respectable person to me, to be rank 1 is truly a great accomplishment, and your situation is much like my best friend from this game years back when I played world 9 (although female and in my tribe)..

I do wish you get better, and if you can find any sanctuary within tribalwars, to not let go of it, as spending time on something you enjoy is time well spent. Although I do not know the challenges you personally face now, I was there when my friend went through them, as you may be. I truly do hope if you put tribalwars in the past (or just this world), you continue communicating with past friends from the game as many can be very close friends if you allow them to be.

But my muse, if you will, if OT/CULT are doing this to one of their own; what twists of fate would that D*D merge beheld? It seems clear to me OT's agenda is devious to say the least, and it's so sad to see how many people they'd screw over to do what they want to win a game.

Once again, my condolences.

Just a side note; Imaginary opponent, by chance same person as imaginary opposition?

~JohanG/AFKeying/Grim Reapers Villa

DeletedUser

But my muse, if you will, if OT/CULT are doing this to one of their own; what twists of fate would that D*D merge beheld? It seems clear to me OT's agenda is devious to say the least, and it's so sad to see how many people they'd screw over to do what they want to win a game.

~JohanG/AFKeying/Grim Reapers Villa

Eyes good luck to you in RL - I personally know lots of folks who have survived cancer. Every single day new drugs come out that save lives. Every day is a victory.

I so wanted not to post here - but this statement makes me furious! You clearly only have one player's story. One very disgruntled player with a specific point of view. You have clearly chosen not to ask in game folks who voted to remove him from our alliance.

I have been in OT for a year now and have never once been lied to, or in any way been given one single reason not to trust in OT leadership. People believe that because of my points I am in leadership. I am not - I only have specific forum rights to change/edit one thread in the OT forums.

In my opinion, Eyes was given dozens of chances but it seemed every two-three weeks he would cause trouble. I was hoping that in Tuga he would be happy but the last and final drama he created was more than the alliance could bear.

I believe it was a correct decision for the harmony of the alliance that he was kicked. IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH HIS ILLNESS. It had everything to do with his unacceptable behavior.

I will not post here again - you may write me in game if you want further information. Granted it will only be my opinion as, again (and thankfully) I am not a leader in OT. Just an enthusiastic member.

AP

DeletedUser

Following this, a substantial number of CultRO members and leaders left the beleagured RO tribe, (RO being the tribe founded by ArchDuke kreger), and they joined OT. It appeared that the Cult ArchDuke had been left behind in CultRO with a bunch of inactive accounts, like a brave Captain going down with his sinking ship. Since D*D knew that the enemy ArchDuke has been through a long illness this past year, we looked on, speculating over how how he would react to finding himself abandoned, or perhaps see it as a betrayal of sorts.

Yesterday morning, we noticed the CultRO tribe tag was changed to CultOT and C-NWO had changed to a similar tag with the OT tag included. But later that same day, RO was changed to CULT and C-NWO was changed to Cult-NWO, or something like that. A number of leaders and members have now left Cult Family's C-NWO tribe, and joined to CULT, (formerly CultRO) so the Cult ArchDuke has active members at his side once again.

http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthr...Live-From-W3&p=6153930&viewfull=1#post6153930

To Aphrodite Punishment:

Throughout the years you were in Cult, the Cult ArchDuke had both you and Pirate Overlord under special protection. It was common knowledge that whenever either of you were attacked, kreger would order the entire family to mass attack your attacker(s). I remember for instance, the original player of Arie1 account had 20K incoming after attacking you and he even quit because of it.

After the special priority protection he gave you over the years, when the Cult ArchDuke was recovering from major surgery, didn't you merge most of the active Cult members into OT without his knowledge and consent? You were both dukes, right? And didn't kreger log in later that day to find himself alone in a tribe full of Cult inactives? Didn't you both refuse to return to him when he called you back to Cult? Half of Cult stayed in OT along with you, against his wishes, right?

DeletedUser

No. Wrong. None of that is at all accurate.

Don't do a character attack on me. You don't deserve to.

DeletedUser

From my quote, you can see that last year, I documented here on the PnP what we had seen in TW stats. Not a single person from Cult or OT denied it, you allowed it to stand unchallenged all this time. So what happened then? Why did two Cult tribes merge into OT, and then later that same day, one tribe (C-NWO), return to Cult?

There have been a few rumors ciculating about the Cult ArchDuke, mainly that he abandoned his tribal family in a period of inactivity and he was "found to be playing another game".

I cared for my Father after he had a kidney surgery so this whole thing struck a chord with me. It was around 6-7 months before Dad could resume his normal activities and even then, only with moderation.

DeletedUser

I'm going to make my post and then be done with this thread. Typically, I don't even read this forum anymore, but someone brought this to my attention a couple times in the last week. I wasn't going to post, because people say what they want.. they tell lies if they want to.. they spin tales if they want to.. Everyone takes what they want from this forum. Everyone reading will believe what they want, no matter what truths or lies people are attempting to tell. Politics and propaganda don't scream honesty. They only scream. I don't like yelling. Having said that, I feel compelled to give people the chance to read our truth.

Everyone in OT has a say. Every opinion is heard and no one is "punished" for having one, even if it's criticism. It's only asked that people be respectful. We talk about different things, from homework to holidays to support to enemies and so on. A lot of talk happened behind the scenes about Eyes, but in the end, I made the final decision.

There were many reasons to ask for his removal from the alliance and it took a long time to come to the point that I did ask. Now, I'm not going to go over what any of those reasons are, because I think it would only serve to make an unpleasant situation worse and frankly, I don't think I need to add more drama to the life of Eyes. Just know that it was a struggle for me and in the end I did what I felt was best for the majority of the tribe, as I always try to do.

While I have sympathy for anyone who struggles with serious illness (I, myself, work in the healthcare field), it doesn't mean that I can overlook everything they say or do. While I won't say that I believe Eyes to be telling an untruth, I do have to take into account that it's possible. I'm sure many of you have been around long enough to remember the girl who claimed to have cancer here before (redsoxfan, I believe).

The OT Brotherhood wasn't trying to make a "show of strength" by dealing with an internal problem. We were simply getting rid of the problem. "Taking out" is also a strong phrase. Why shouldn't we take some of those villages? D*D is also taking them and I fail to see how it would be a smart move on our part to just let them go.

Kahn - We do try to make a point of keeping radio silence still, even though that doesn't always work out very well (now, for example). If you feel unanswered, ask in a t-mail and see if you get an answer. Also, have you considered that we don't always answer you, because you have a tendency to twist what we say to make it fit the half-truths you want people to hear?

I will say this in defense of the folks who came to OT from Cult: I remember when Kreger came back. He came back and apologized to AP, to PO and to all those that had moved. He stated that he knew he would have to earn back their trust. He didn't ask, beg, or demand they move back into Cult. He wasn't around long enough to do that and I'm not saying anything about the whys or accusing him of anything in that statement. They all had their reasons for coming to OT and those reasons are their own. I assume they would remake Cult or rejoin what's left, if they were unhappy where they are at this time. I would respect that decision, if they felt they needed to make it.

At the end of every day, this is still a game. I, for one, would like to enjoy it and I trust those in my "care" would like the same.

DeletedUser

While I won't say that I believe Eyes to be telling an untruth, I do have to take into account that it's possible. I'm sure many of you have been around long enough to remember the girl who claimed to have cancer here before (redsoxfan, I believe).

There are trolls on the internetz and i do remember soxfan (or whatever his name was). Of course there is no way to prove or disprove on a forum whether or not someone has a medical conditon. I see nothing implausible in eyesofaveris' statements. He's posting a goodbye, took responsibilty for whatever part he played in the conflicts by admitting he was difficult, and he apologized. Then he described how he's at a particularly low point in his life and he doesn't agree that the judgement against him was fair. There were no inconsistencies from what I can see. I didn't know him well, but I knew him for a year before he joined Cult since he started in the K next to mine. Without any particular reason to question his post, we have no choice but to take it at face value and act accordingly.

A lot of talk happened behind the scenes about Eyes, but in the end, I made the final decision.

It's comforting to hear that you made the final decision MrsC, since a vote on a disciplinary matter being taken to regular members, (as AP mentioned), seemed a bit inappropriate. :p

Also, have you considered that we don't always answer you, because you have a tendency to twist what we say to make it fit the half-truths you want people to hear?

I think you're being a bit hard on me there. Look at how extraordinary the turn of events appeared just from what we observed in TW stats. OT was in sad shape at the time. Sorry to be so blunt, but OT had declined to the point of having only around 30 members left and were terribly inactive. Then suddenly the larger ally consisting of two almost full Cult tribes merge into the small beleaguered OT ally??? Omg, it was completely unexpected. :icon_eek:

I remember when Kreger came back. He came back and apologized to AP, to PO and to all those that had moved. He stated that he knew he would have to earn back their trust. He didn't ask, beg, or demand they move back into Cult. He wasn't around long enough to do that and I'm not saying anything about the whys or accusing him of anything in that statement.

Thank you, MrsC. I agree with you that the ArchDuke of Cult, (kreger), did not neglect his tribal family on a whim. Instead, he took his committments seriously, but his will to carry out his duties was overridden by a battle with a potentially life threatening illness. In addition, you have confirmed that he expressed regret for the distress that his illness caused to the Cult family. Should anyone disagree, speak now, or forever hold your peace. I wouldn't want any of our great W3 leaders to be remembered in history as a careless slacker, especially not a great leader like he was. :icon_razz: That just wouldn't be fair or accurate.

My point however, is that those who suffer with an illness tend to have their character called into question no matter what the cirumstances.

Phylo

I saw Eyes goodbye in the same day he wrote it here, even before any reply, and I decided not to answer but now, I feel the need to do it.

Eyes was in Tuga, after having problems with both Cult and OT leaderships. I received him and gave him a chance to change. He didn't!

Does anyone believe that I would kick the first ranked player from my tiny tribe if there was not a reason to do it?

The subject was discussed with the Alliance and I took his side, however he gave me reasons, tribal and personal, to dismiss him.

Tuga was his last chance to keep on being in the alliance and he blew it...

I believe he is ill and I'm very sorry for him. In RL I lost some very good friends for illness and I know that it hurts, but it doesn't excuse some behaviors.

I tried to talk to him, as his leader and his friend, and it was useless...

So, if anyone has any doubt, I was the one who dismissed him. I was not obliged to do it, but I did it.

DeletedUser

Just checking in after a long break away, and although I didnt know you, it is a shame to lose a long standing player, regardless of what has gone on in the past.

When this world 'eventually' closes, alot of you will be wondering what to do with your time that you all so graciously donate to this game. Maybe a new world, maybe a new Inno games is your way. Eyes by his account is battling 'Terminal' cancer', which for some of the un educated is not 'fixable', only prolonged.

And I remember redsoxfans issue and the stir it caused. However those that know Eyes should at least owe him the respect that he deserves in posting here and letting you know of the situation. After all, how many of your backs did he cover when he did have your respect?

Whether your statement is true and whether you check in here in the near future Eyes, I wish you all the best and thank you for your long commitment to this world!