Google Wave....the new generationof TW IMS?

metallove

So Ive just received my invite to the "beta" version of Google Wave. this preview of Google Wave, tho not yet up to its full potential, is already astounding in its capabilities. The ability to add contacts, and contact groups to "waves", and discuss Forum threads, OP's, war plans, and everything else you will find in your tribal forums...and the PnP forums, at a level I think, far surpasses that of any other IM service.

Skype users, as i am one my self when it comes to TW, may find themselves drawn in to this new generation of IMS, given its very user friendly appearance, and its unique ability to "flow" and connect users on a level not met by Skype.
I am avid user of Skype, for TW that is, and will continue to be...until the next world I join. At which point, i will be opening a thread in my tribal forum entitled "Wave", for i do expect this generation of IMS to catch on quite quickly in the world of TW, and look forward to using it to its full potential, and even perhaps opting for a TW specific API.

DeletedUser

I got it a while ago and was not impressed. What exactly has it allowed you to do , you couldn't have done before? Would you send me a sample wave so I can see what you are talking about?

Aethelred2

hey metal, what features does it have that we cant use on skype?

Renegadefox

I've just used the voting side of google wave just the other day, to do with an IRC server and a new staff member.

I didn't really see the point of it, still don't. Takes forever to load, you wait for the invitation email hours.. just poorly implemented in my opinion.

So I don't actually know what else it's used for, if anything. I'm too lazy to look up infomation on it.

Skype > MSN > Yahoo => Google wave.

DeletedUser

Yeah, seems useless to me. If anyone can tell me something it does that is unique I'll take a look at it again, if not I'm happy it's suiting someone at least.

I've just used the voting side of google wave just the other day, to do with an IRC server and a new staff member.

I didn't really see the point of it, still don't. Takes forever to load, you wait for the invitation email hours.. just poorly implemented in my opinion.

So I don't actually know what else it's used for, if anything. I'm too lazy to look up infomation on it.

Skype > MSN > Yahoo => Google wave.

Renegadefox

After laziness past me, I decided to look a bit more into it.

After much lulz and criticing in my arrogant way. I've come to the conclusion of:

It sucks.

The only semi-good part is google have/will release it the source, therefore making it open source. I cannot wait to have a looksy :D But as far as I can tell, they've only released it via Google Wave API which is rubbish :/

If anyone knows when it'll be released do let me know in game or on forums. Just so I can play with it.

Thank you :)

rbh135

Yes I am. Point? :icon_rolleyes:
You have no friends so you wanted someone you don't know who has a friend that uses it to send you a wave ;(
Poor you :|

DeletedUser

The point was you aren't really a source of information to consider on this since you have never used it and appear clueless about it. Me asking you to have him show me if it is truly good is a kind way of saying "yeah, you seem like a moron but hey I've been wrong before".

Similar to me commenting on your listing of multiple messengers. That is a kind way of saying you remind me of the fat girl I screwed one night at the club when I got drunk. After I was done with her she wanted to give me her number, when she handed me the sheet of paper it had her home phone number, her cell phone number, he mother's house's phone and probably her work number and the payphone by where she feeds just so there was some glimpse of hope.

Is that an undead rogue?

rbh135

roflmao
I was waiting for a much less interesting reply xD
The multiple messengers have been recently put simply to piss someone off who doesn't give a shit about other people outside of the game and finds messengers useless with tw people. He's opilop if you want to look him up. You'll get it once you've seen his posts ;o
But anyways, your face is a moron ;(