Granny loves her family, but not anybody elses family.

DeletedUser

Hello there dears.
It's your dear old Granny here again.

I was watching the Podcast 87 interview with DA and he made an off the cuff comment about STD being the only non-family tribe in the top twenty.
I'm paraphrasing and I'm sure it was off the cuff, but I took a little look.

So this is my first world since 73, and before that 64, and i certainly do get the impression there are more family tribes, or at least academy tribes in this world. Not as many as single digit worlds but it seems apparent.

Are families more popular now? Making a resurgence? Or is this a fling like Grannys encounter with her third husband Steve?

-D

DeletedUser

This is spam to you?
If this is spam, what exactly isn't spam?

If we had it your way these forums would have so little content we might as well ask Inno games to remove them. ;)

-D

Ignoramus of the Law

I have to say, I am a bit worried myself.
I left the .ro server after the family thing became ridiculous and the average was 4 tribes per family (with 7 being pretty normal too). Now I see the same shit happening here.

Definitely not cool.

DeletedUser911

The last world I actively played in dates several years ago, World 16. As a result, I can't comment specifically to the questions at hand. However, I will say that I can't stand the idea of trying to invite your way to victory with no regard to quality of recruit. This putrid plan dates all the way back to the beginning worlds: when tribe limits were first forming.

Are there really worlds without family tribes?

DeletedUser84793

The last world I actively played in dates several years ago, World 16. As a result, I can't comment specifically to the questions at hand. However, I will say that I can't stand the idea of trying to invite your way to victory with no regard to quality of recruit. This putrid plan dates all the way back to the beginning worlds: when tribe limits were first forming.

Are there really worlds without family tribes?

Well said! I agree.

DeletedUser88502

I think it will keep happening, its a form of gaining ground by diplomacy.

If you don't agree with it then you need to find a tribe that doesn't do it or start your own like Nemesis has.

All we can do is that or boycott those tribes that do and not join them but that is unlikely to happen as there are players that want to win the world no matter the cost or their stats.

DeletedUser84793

I think it will keep happening, its a form of gaining ground by diplomacy.

If you don't agree with it then you need to find a tribe that doesn't do it or start your own like Nemesis has.

All we can do is that or boycott those tribes that do and not join them but that is unlikely to happen as there are players that want to win the world no matter the cost or their stats.

This is so true and one main reason why i respect the duke of STD. Me and my tribe will never merger...

Erig

The tribal wars community has gotten smaller throughout the years. One may say it would be due to several factors which include P2W, the learning curve, and the overall general ideology that experienced rarely give newer players a chance nowadays. I believe the occurence of families originated as a way to combat the "skill difference" between so called "elite" premade tribes and spawn tribes (those without external recruitment). This strength in numbers tactic seems to have carried through the worlds as the community continued to decrease in size. Paired with the drive to hold top ranks and potentially win the world, the family tribe system has evolved into an early game safe haven for many players. You are able to recruit players you like, kick the ones you don't like, and have a reputation meat shield in your local area to increase your chances of survival.

However, this does not mean that all family tribes are not skilled. There are several out there who carry some well known players. Family tribes may have become popular due to the culture of the game. Each world spans for long stretches of time. Most players simply do not have the endurance to maintain a world for one to two years of their life. These family tribes are offered member security through recruitment as well. If someone cannot continue the world, merge the account and have another player hop on.

Overall, the benefits that family tribes offer long term seemingly outweighs the "reputation" that would be tarnished. Given the right method of recruitment to avoid disloyal members, family tribes should have a large impact on the game.

DeletedUser

Family tribes are great, scariest strategy in the game easily when done correctly. I just think there is no-one who currently plays who could lead a family tribe better than they could lead a single tribe. Not that I know of anyways and I am not one of those either.

Generally I find the tradeoff between extra playerbase and overall activity is counteracted by lower tribal cohesion, coordination, efficiency and a worse atmosphere. I've yet to see a family in recent worlds where the former has been more important than the latter so I always tend to look at them sceptically.

DeletedUser17170

to kinda expand on Erig's comments.

The reason Family tribes seem to be in greater number is the lack of premades or Elite tribes.

I joined this world late, like Granny did, and yet I'm still in the "out core" area. In the older worlds, if you didn't join day 1, you were truely in the rim, which back in them days was atleast half a K to a full K away from any core K's. And the core, along with the outercore area was packed with players, so packed we didn't need "guest" villages.

So lower player base means a reduction in the number of people who want to commit the time and energy to actually leading a tribe. With less people wanting to lead, you have less tribes overall. Well the people that would normally get sucked up into these tribes are all now getting sucked up into family tribes.(they have to go somewhere...)

DeletedUser116125

Usually it's like this in the early-mid game and then when the game goes on the secondary tribe slowly merges into the main one where the big "strong" players eat the small fries in the family
just a way to get you out of the early game,
Ofc some tribes continue being family tribes until they get rimmed/disband

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I have to say, I am a bit worried myself.
I left the .ro server after the family thing became ridiculous and the average was 4 tribes per family (with 7 being pretty normal too). Now I see the same shit happening here.

Definitely not cool.

Such tribes have always existed here. It's never much mattered, the tribes have existed, yes, but they've rarely been dominant or even come close to winning worlds (yes, I am aware there are exceptions, I do not need Tom, Dick, or Harry to tell me that a family tribe has actually won a world before).

DeletedUser65288

Family tribes are great.

You can load up on members and rule the world with power in numbers. More members = more defensive requirements built which allows early game stacking to be more feasible. Especially when more than half of the players in your 7 x 7 get recruited and are in your family. Short travel distances anyone?!? Nothing is more fear instilling then being declared on by a family tribe with 5 branches and seeing all those red dots on the map.

Just don't forget to list them all in your tribe's profile! Wouldn't want to leave anyone out since we are all equal and fair and don't want to see anyone get nobled.

DeletedUser911

Such tribes have always existed here. It's never much mattered, the tribes have existed, yes, but they've rarely been dominant or even come close to winning worlds (yes, I am aware there are exceptions, I do not need Tom, Dick, or Harry to tell me that a family tribe has actually won a world before).

Oh man! In this thread I find myself fully aligned the Pointwhore-lesson-guy. Erig and I are way far apart this time.

I don't feel the need to add anything to PWhore-Lesson-guy's contention.

Erig

Erig and I are way far apart this time.

Not sure if there is some sarcasm that I am missing here. But if there is not, my post was more of on observation paired with the slight extra inference of intention of these "families". Personally, I am not an advocate of one, merely someone pointing out the possibilities.

Mr. Cringer Pants

How many spam posts you gonna make?

Isn't your reply spam? Anyway with how slow these forums are these days, how can you complain? I'm not sure whats going on politically in the world but at least someone is keeping externals somewhat active.