Graphics Blog

DeletedUser

I found one ? I hope there isn't too many more

Ah yeah, many people start off using gimp, then after some time move over to photoshop. You should give it a try, following tutorials is pretty simple and not too stressful, but you have to enjoy it or it is a waste of your time ;) If you want to give signature making a go, just ask and I can give you some easy tutorials :)

DruidEarth

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I found one ? I hope there isn't too many more

Ah yeah, many people start off using gimp, then after some time move over to photoshop. You should give it a try, following tutorials is pretty simple and not too stressful, but you have to enjoy it or it is a waste of your time ;) If you want to give signature making a go, just ask and I can give you some easy tutorials :)
Replaced by an error in this post. <3

I actually made one earlier today for the heck of it... It's not quite what I want though, so I'm treating it more as a concept sketch of sorts. And once I find the right images, then I'll make a better final version. Now to figure out where to post it... -__'

DeletedUser81336

To be honest blogs have failed on every world. I find the blogs will hire anyone, not that there's anyone who knows how to write decent PnP any more. :|
I don't think the graphics blog will be that successful simply because no one ever visits blogs/the gfx forums besides us regulars and people who need requests.

DeletedUser

To be honest blogs have failed on every world. I find the blogs will hire anyone, not that there's anyone who knows how to write decent PnP any more. :|
I don't think the graphics blog will be that successful simply because no one ever visits blogs/the gfx forums besides us regulars and people who need requests.

I believe the idea of the blog was to entertain us 'regulars'. So it will work just fine, have some faith in GE. He's not as noob as he puts out to be. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser81336

I believe the idea of the blog was to entertain us 'regulars'.

Blog said:
firstly all competition winners will be placed into the blogs as a little summary of all the winners of the week

Us regulars will already know who the winners are and pretty much know about the person.

Blog said:
I will also attempt to interview somebody from the graphics community every other week, until of course I run out of members that is

Bold.

Blog said:
I will also be running a “Best signatures of the week” section where by every week members will recommend signatures to be included, some of the best signatures posted on the forums through out the week will be included.

Us regulars will already see the signatures posted somewhere (probably in CnC or a showroom), and people don't change their signatures often....
Also we have a signature of the week competition.

Blog said:
With a bit of work we could even make this blog include things like resources for the week.

This I'd like to see, however not many people post resources now. :(

DeletedUser

Us regulars will already know who the winners are and pretty much know about the person.

Sure we would, but I'm sure not everyone follows all the competitions avidly. It will be nice to see results and summaries from other competitions as well.

Bold.

I don't get the point ? Again, until he runs out of members that are active and willing to participate in interviews.

Us regulars will already see the signatures posted somewhere (probably in CnC or a showroom), and people don't change their signatures often....

This allows us to have a different style of competition as people aren't making tags specifically for a competition but tags that they might make to better themselves technically or something they made in tribute to someone or as a request. The SotW misses out on a wide range of tags. This also allows people to participate in another competition as the SotW's normally fill up quite fast.

Then we have another use for a blog ? :p

Answers in bold.

DeletedUser81336

I cba to argue over this blog. I personally won't be reading it often, if at all. Mainly because blogs are stupid, I lost a lot of respect for tw when they made these blogs...

DeletedUser

- That's just one section of the blog ...

Bold.
- I will be doing fortnightly interviews, so I only need about 26 members a year ! :D Which means about 20, because of holidays like christmas etc.

- Yes, but this will be giving users something to aim for, by producing a great piece of art, they get shown in the blog for everybody to see. It also gives people a summary, in case they missed one or something.

- It could be implemented ... not in the first couple of blogs though.

DeletedUser

I don't see why you dislike blogs ... they can be very useful .... but every man can have his own opinion.

Just as a note, the blog is whatever you want to make it, atm its a blank canvas open to whatever suggestions you have. Just tell me what sort of stuff you want :) Resources seem to be you're thing right ? We can sort that :)

He's not as noob as he puts out to be. :icon_wink:

Yeah, thanks dude :p

DeletedUser81336

I don't see why you dislike blogs ... they can be very useful .... but every man can have his own opinion.

Blogs are useless. They have destroyed proper PnP, I'm not sure how, but they have. :icon_confused:
Go look at any PnP on the forums these days, post that 2 years ago and you get ripped a new arse hole by people. The quality of PnP these days is pathetic.

How are blogs useful?
If you read the forums/look around in game (if you play the world seriously/half seriously) you would know everything in the blog already. The bloggers are garbage, I could have my little brother who has the intelligence of a rock apply and he'd probably get the job. The people that get blog spots are cocky too (not all of them ofc), but I don't see why they're cocky when they're writing horrible 'pnp' or whatever you could even call it that no one reads.

DeletedUser

Blogs are useless. They have destroyed proper PnP, I'm not sure how, but they have. :icon_confused:
Go look at any PnP on the forums these days, post that 2 years ago and you get ripped a new arse hole by people. The quality of PnP these days is pathetic.
Did you even read this before posting? They ruin PnP but you're not sure how? No, go back and read PnP from years ago, and then read today's PnP. You know what's different? The players posting it. What's happened is that those willing to take the time to post good, quality PnP had their work swallowed up amongst the flood of spam and flaming posts. People were no longer willing to take the time, and many simply stopped posting.

How are blogs useful?
If you read the forums/look around in game (if you play the world seriously/half seriously) you would know everything in the blog already. The bloggers are garbage, I could have my little brother who has the intelligence of a rock apply and he'd probably get the job. The people that get blog spots are cocky too (not all of them ofc), but I don't see why they're cocky when they're writing horrible 'pnp' or whatever you could even call it that no one reads.
In the blogs you actually see some quality. It's not filled with spam or players flaming another tribe simply because it isn't their own. And if you think your little brother can make the blog staff, why not have him apply? You make the mistake of thinking that blogs are supposed to be PnP though. PnP is politics and propaganda. The blogs are unbiased. Therefore, blogs can't be propaganda. Before flaming something, you should make sure that what the blog is and what you think it is are actually the same thing.

DeletedUser81336

Did you even read this before posting?

No, I often don't read what I post. :)

They ruin PnP but you're not sure how?

Not exactly, since blogs came out PnP has gone to .. nothing

What's happened is that those willing to take the time to post good, quality PnP had their work swallowed up amongst the flood of spam and flaming posts. People were no longer willing to take the time, and many simply stopped posting.p

I had to check your join date (even though they don't mean anything, as you could be an alias) to make sure you're not trolling.. Like me. :3

I'm not sure what you mean... Since the internet has been created flaming and trolls have existed. If you've ever seen good posters they don't post one post and leave they often did a lot of flaming themselves after their original post. If these players have left, why haven't others taken their places?

In the blogs you actually see some quality.

:icon_rolleyes:

It's not filled with spam or players flaming another tribe simply because it isn't their own.

That's because they can't or they wouldn't have their position (or maybe they would I'm not sure how desperate the blog staff is). It would appear desperate if they hired GE without even letting other people apply. :lol:

And if you think your little brother can make the blog staff, why not have him apply?

He doesn't play TW. What I meant to say is he can write more interesting things to read than some bloggers.

You make the mistake of thinking that blogs are supposed to be PnP though.
whatever you could even call it..

lolque? :lol:
I don't exactly no what to call the blogs. So I said PnP/whatever you would call it. It's written as well as some PnP these days anyways. :lol:

PnP is politics and propaganda.

Good sir, I was around when PnP was created. :icon_cool:
Do not try to act like you know a lot.

The blogs are unbiased.

:lol::lol::lol:
This made me laugh. There is definitely some PnP thrown in the blogs. It's quite obvious to see if you look.

Before flaming something

I haven't flamed someone in a good couple of years.... I'm merely posting.

you should make sure that what the blog is and what you think it is are actually the same thing.

Dictionary.com said:
blog  [blawg, blog] Show IPA noun, verb, blogged, blog·ging.
noun
a Web site containing the writer's or group of writers' own experiences, observations, opinions, etc., and often having images and links to other Web sites.

To say you bloggers don't throw in a little bit of your own opinions/PnP in your writing is like saying I'm as good as Zenron at making tags. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Ignore Oscar, he just throws tantrums when he doesn't get his way, like when he didn't win sotw.

Edit: Forgot the coding apparently. [/jocular]

DeletedUser

You be trollin' Oscar. I'm pretty sure that you don't actually care about what happens to the blog, you're just pretending to be butthurt to start an argument. Stop that :icon_razz:.

DeletedUser

Oscar not to be funny or anything, but this thread really isn't about you ... but somehow you manage to do this to every important thread I make. Do not bother continueing your argument. You know I'm very bored of you ruining my threads now.

DeletedUser

Oscar not to be funny or anything, but this thread really isn't about you ... but somehow you manage to do this to every important thread I make. Do not bother continueing your argument. You know I'm very bored of you ruining my threads now.

He has his points, they are valid.

Besides, instead of saying that, just post something related to the blog