Graphics Blog

DeletedUser51929

people would visit it just for the miller d appreciation section *smug*

DeletedUser

He has his points yes, but this really isn't a flame the blogs thread, this is to announce that the graphics forum has a new blog. We don't need massive posts of him explaining why he doesn't like blogs.

How do you expect me to post something related to the blog ? Unless I release a blog, there is nothing to post ?

DeletedUser

Blog hall of fame? For example, a featured piece in the blog each time of your decision, something you saw you really liked (on this forum only, of course :p) and perhaps you could do a quick interview with the creator for a few words about it, how long it took, what the idea behind it was, the inspiration, and what you yourself thought about it, why you liked it, your opinion of it from a personal view and as a designer yourself, etc etc. In addition, maybe not only the best pieces per-say, but perhaps a piece from a new designer you think was really good for their level, or something you found "moving" or something like that.

Just an idea.

Edit: I see you already thought of something like this :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I've just opened up a similar kind of thread, check it out. Instead of focusing on one artist however it will include 5 pieces from 5 different artist.
Also I'm not too sure if the interview thing will really work, I don't know about everyone else but my signatures never have concepts, its simple a render I like and than whatever effects work.

DeletedUser81336

Ignore Oscar, he just throws tantrums when he doesn't get his way, like when he didn't win sotw.[/jocular]

Ummm... What?
How did I not get my way? I didn't even know there was a blog until GE said he got the spot....
And also, I didn't throw a tantrum when I didn't win. I was simply pissed at how terrible the voters are. I could explain myself more, but GE doesn't like long posts. :icon_confused:

Oscar not to be funny or anything, but this thread really isn't about you ... but somehow you manage to do this to every important thread I make. Do not bother continueing your argument. You know I'm very bored of you ruining my threads now.

I'm not making this about me. I'm stating my opinion on the blogs. It's not off-topic as it's about the blogs. It's not about me, it's my opinion on blogs.

He has his points yes, but this really isn't a flame the blogs thread, this is to announce that the graphics forum has a new blog. We don't need massive posts of him explaining why he doesn't like blogs.

:icon_neutral: I'm not flaming.
I'm saying what I think, and when your head blogger came in here posting like I was an idiot I responded. I responded in a way that I showed my opinions on the blog. :S

I'd also like to suggest we have a section of the blog where Zenron isn't featured, as he'll be featured everywhere else. :lol:

DeletedUser

Please don't knock me if these suggestions have already been brought up.

Put SOTW winners, runners up & 3rd place on. Show graphs of who's winning on SOTW's. Interview with one designer on a graphics based subject. Promote any new designers. Detail the forum on what the best shop is at the moment. Maybe but a tutorial on, for designers. Show some of the best designs you've seen this week on.

Them sort of things, just make the blog so that everyone has a section they'll enjoy reading. Make sure it's got good information on, not just a large picture portfolio.

I look forward to reading.

DeletedUser

SOTW stuff is already in, interview is already in. Best designs of the week are already in.

Promoting the "best" shop would not be a good idea, because surely that would be a very biased decision by whoever is writing the blog, each shop should have an equal chance and putting one in the blog is unfair for the others :)

A tutorial is quite a good idea, however it would have to be linked as putting the whole image in would make the blog massive :D But linking is no problem, I may even take it a step further and add in some cool resources each week, that way even if people don't like the blog, they will have to visit it to get some resources ;) Just like a supermarket that puts their milk at the back of the store, you might just get interested in something else on the way :p

DeletedUser

Would still be very biased of which one I pick, and is no different to picking a "best shop", it still gives the same problem of putting one shop ahead of the others. And seems as there will be people not from our graphics community reading the blog, I don't think it is fair. Plus no shop is perfectly reliable, people go inactive all the time, if I recommend a shop in a blog and then they go inactive ...

DeletedUser

Would still be very biased of which one I pick, and is no different to picking a "best shop", it still gives the same problem of putting one shop ahead of the others. And seems as there will be people not from our graphics community reading the blog, I don't think it is fair. Plus no shop is perfectly reliable, people go inactive all the time, if I recommend a shop in a blog and then they go inactive ...

Then its the shops fault

Besides, each shop gets a run each week. It'll bring more people here I think :p

DeletedUser92094

How about a tutorial on the weeks winning SOTW? of course it would be optional of the winner to make a tutorial for it or not, but i think it would be a nice addition to the blog.

Apologies for if this idea has already been said.

DeletedUser

A .psd of the winning SOTW, and you have to view the blog to get it?

mattoematt

Oscar, go back and check the 'good' days of PnP. That was a long time before the blogs were introduced. Now, go and shut up. Blogs are very useful and the GFX one may not work but it's worth a try and your opinion to me, and others, doesn't actually matter. You've voiced your opinion now go bug off and don't participate in it. No-one cares. Blogs are used for a variety of reasons by a variety of people because they are such versatile piece of technology.

Just because it's a GFX blog doesn't mean it has to be exclusively about just GFX signatures, techniques or tutorials. Feel free to experiment.

GE, I might be up for helping you along with a few blog pieces if I get time.

My pieces might be more directed towards a 'talking about the community' type of writing to create a more personal tone.

Last edited:

DeletedUser81336

Oscar, go back and check the 'good' days of PnP. That was a long time before the blogs were introduced.

No, not really.

Now, go and shut up.

:lol: I hadn't posted in this thread for 2 days. I originally posted my opinion about the blogs and then people like you decided to try and defend blogs to which I countered. They left, I stopped posting here. Then you came along.

Blogs are very useful

:lol:
Yes, yes they are. :icon_rolleyes:

your opinion to me, and others, doesn't actually matter.

Oh. Really?
If it doesn't matter why'd people answer it?
If it doesn't matter why'd someone who never posts in the graphics section come all the way down here to try and say my opinion was stupid/wrong?

You've voiced your opinion now go bug off

I did 'bug off' after everyone realized I was correct.

and don't participate in it.

I think I made it obvious that I planned not too. :icon_wink:

No-one cares.

I think I proved you wrong a few posts up.

Oh yeah GE I didn't respond to half of his post just for you. :)

mattoematt

No, not really.

Then what you count as the best PnP isn't.

:lol: I hadn't posted in this thread for 2 days. I originally posted my opinion about the blogs and then people like you decided to try and defend blogs to which I countered. They left, I stopped posting here. Then you came along.

I haven't been here for a little while.

:lol:
Yes, yes they are. :icon_rolleyes:

Yes, they are. Your ignorant attempt at sarcasm is just full of fail.

Oh. Really?
If it doesn't matter why'd people answer it?
If it doesn't matter why'd someone who never posts in the graphics section come all the way down here to try and say my opinion was stupid/wrong?

Because you're a pointless troll. It's what you crave. I came down because I want to possibly contribute to a GFX community project and saw your babbling.

I did 'bug off' after everyone realized I was correct.

Well, boo - I disagree and just saw you embarrass yourself, primarily.

I think I made it obvious that I planned not too. :icon_wink:

Oh, you are trolling? Smooth.

DeletedUser81336

Then what you count as the best PnP isn't.

Good PnP was dying, but wasn't completely dead.

I haven't been here for a little while.

Before attempting to flame or state your opinion on me (or whatever you were trying to do) it would have been wise to read what I was saying and to whom I was saying it. Probably would help to read the whole thread.

Yes, they are. Your ignorant attempt at sarcasm is just full of fail.

How is it full of fail?
I also have yet to see how blogs are "very useful."

Because you're a pointless troll.

Partially true.

It's what you crave.

:icon_twisted:

I came down because I want to possibly contribute to a GFX community project

You could have contributed after you responded to me.

and saw your babbling.

I wouldn't call it babbling. As I've stated before I stated my opinion. People disagreed with it and I countered. :icon_neutral:

Well, boo - I disagree and just saw you embarrass yourself, primarily.

I don't have a giant ego that can be embarrassed.
How did I embarrass myself?
I thought it was quite witty. :icon_rolleyes: Plus if I wasn't correct then why didn't the head bloggest try to counter?
I was also told by people that I had some nice posts. :)

Oh, you are trolling? Smooth.

Trolling?
No. You told me to do the obvious and I told you I had made it obvious in the previous posts that I had planned to not participate in it. I thought I had made that obvious enough...

Repinski

I'm looking forward to seeing my idea take off. I suppose the amount of critics early on is to be expected but I honestly see this blog making it with how active the .net GFX forum is. It may not be the most active forum on .net but it's by far one of the most active GFX forums across tw. Good luck with the blog GE.

@Oscar, Don't make me smack you on skype. Quit trolling.