Great players?

DeletedUser

Maybe I worded my reply incorrectly.
I was by no means putting down any of the current top 5 tribes abilities or any of the other great tribes i see forming (about 7 or 8 have potential so far, in my eyes)
I know dukes and barons in a few of them from other worlds.
People i have taught or fought with before, personally.
There are a few thousand great players on this world I am sure.
Each with his own background and past experience.
Only time will tell the hard cores from the passing gas,
Ermmm lol
Im suprised to see a world with 100 'great' players, a world with thousands.
Do we play the same game ?

balubhai

The world has 80k+ players , and almost 60k who are still playing. So his statement is not completely wrong. Its not a necessary that all great players or good players must come in the forums and exhibit themselves. Its not a must that all great players must be in top ranks or in top tribes.Each player has his own style of greatness , all the greatness we speak on in here are those of early game players who dominates the world pretty quick with their unique skill and strategy at early stage. However it has been seen many times that once the world starts to slow down entering the mid game phase , most of these early gammers quit as they lose interest or they just thinks that its best to quit when they are at top or a new world comes out and they want to keep their reputation as dominant early gammers and leaves for those worlds.

In mid games , we talk mostly about Tribes rather than players and even if we talk about players , we talk at the most about top 20. So obviously those mid game great players gets unnoticed and then the late game , we just talks about account merges , new players playing old accounts , world wars , thus forgetting about the dedication of those late game great players who still plays there account all by themselves.

So mate greatness differs according to each stage , however i agree the most attractive span of greatness is the early game :)

DeletedUser

The world has 80k+ players , and almost 60k who are still playing. So his statement is not completely wrong. Its not a necessary that all great players or good players must come in the forums and exhibit themselves. Its not a must that all great players must be in top ranks or in top tribes.Each player has his own style of greatness , all the greatness we speak on in here are those of early game players who dominates the world pretty quick with their unique skill and strategy at early stage. However it has been seen many times that once the world starts to slow down entering the mid game phase , most of these early gammers quit as they lose interest or they just thinks that its best to quit when they are at top or a new world comes out and they want to keep their reputation as dominant early gammers and leaves for those worlds.

In mid games , we talk mostly about Tribes rather than players and even if we talk about players , we talk at the most about top 20. So obviously those mid game great players gets unnoticed and then the late game , we just talks about account merges , new players playing old accounts , world wars , thus forgetting about the dedication of those late game great players who still plays there account all by themselves.

So mate greatness differs according to each stage , however i agree the most attractive span of greatness is the early game :)
Whilst there might ben a supposed 80k ish players on this world,
I doubt there will be a few thousand great players. Although do not ask me what i define as 'great' as i don't realy know :D

As for 'start up' players, being good at start up doesnt make you great :/

Ontopic

Eskimo sure are a great tribe........

mattcurr

I doubt there are 40 great players

balubhai

Matt ur scale of greatness will be different compared to the average Tw playing population as ur own scale of greatness in this game is pretty high an u will be judging other players with that scale :). However for an average player like me , there are more good players as my own scale of greatness is low compared to u guys :)

DeletedUser

Matt ur scale of greatness will be different compared to the average Tw playing population as ur own scale of greatness in this game is pretty high an u will be judging other players with that scale :). However for an average player like me , there are more good players as my own scale of greatness is low compared to u guys :)

My Scale of greatness is.......

[spoil]Me,lisa, carrie and the spamming crew [/spoil]

DeletedUser

By my definition of greatness (i.e. not only ability and knowledge, but also integrity, loyalty, character, being worthy the trust those playing alongside you have that you will always have their back, no matter what), I'm inclined to believe Matt is being slightly optimistic.

DeletedUser

Integrity, loyalty and character on an online browser game :lol:

Laugh all you want, in a war between any of the top tribes, that's what it comes down to. You need to know the guy who's supposed to launch his attacks to land at the same time as yours, will do so. You need to know the guy who's supposed to sit you while you sleep and mark incomings, will be there to do it, and will do it right. You need to know if your tribe has x amount of members, you'll have x amount of warriors you can count on not to suddenly develop RL issues as soon as they see some incomings, or even lose a few villages. You need to know one of your frontline players will not suddenly join the enemy while all your defensive troops are out supporting their villages.

DeletedUser

Laugh all you want, in a war between any of the top tribes, that's what it comes down to. You need to know the guy who's supposed to launch his attacks to land at the same time as yours, will do so. You need to know the guy who's supposed to sit you while you sleep and mark incomings, will be there to do it, and will do it right. You need to know if your tribe has x amount of members, you'll have x amount of warriors you can count on not to suddenly develop RL issues as soon as they see some incomings, or even lose a few villages. You need to know one of your frontline players will not suddenly join the enemy while all your defensive troops are out supporting their villages.

I agree after all it is a team game

DeletedUser3397

Well if you take into account, there are some who are only great at startup, some only great at mid game, some late game and some who are truly great at it all, it could be close. Making the top 10 doesn't make you great, it's how you deal with problems and make it through it.

Atraxis

Many of the "Elite" or best players in any given round tend to be rubbish, in my opinion. Too many will quit if all does not go their way. Any setback or significant troop loss makes them leave the world, while they post excuses about how they have more important matters on other worlds. The true test is if they overcome those setbacks and are able to return to being competitive. Another fact that is pointed out, is that most of the "elite" players are not single people on the account, but two or more co-playing the account. I would hazard a guess that most "players" over 2k points at this time, are not single players.

DeletedUser

Many of the "Elite" or best players in any given round tend to be rubbish, in my opinion. Too many will quit if all does not go their way. Any setback or significant troop loss makes them leave the world, while they post excuses about how they have more important matters on other worlds. The true test is if they overcome those setbacks and are able to return to being competitive. Another fact that is pointed out, is that most of the "elite" players are not single people on the account, but two or more co-playing the account. I would hazard a guess that most "players" over 2k points at this time, are not single players.

It's not hard to be one of the top 5 players by yourself in any world. Especially with the speed of this particular world it isn't very hard.

Khan The Master

Surely to be a truly great player you should have a great startup and be great in mid and late game. There is a certain skill to startup that a lot of long game players cant master it.What is the point in being truly great on w4 w5 w10 w whatever with 4-6-7 million points if you cant survive startup.

Startup takes a lot of time, personally i spend more time on my tiny account here than i do on my bigger accounts in other worlds and it is harder work to keep it ahead of the pack.

If you cant master startup and can only play mid - late game then surely you are great mid/late gamer not a truly great all round player

ackcody

Their are probably about 20 'great' players still playing... And you'd have to do some searching.

Atraxis

Their are probably about 20 'great' players still playing... And you'd have to do some searching.

Truly you are underestimating people. This world has a good number of "elite" players. I would put the number in the low hundreds. Guys like Mattcurr, Miggy, wardyuc, Nauz, are all talented, and those are just a handful of names to toss out. This will be a competitive world.

DeletedUser80534

If I may ask something simply. Would all great players currently playing W45 seriously please present themselves? This will save me the trouble of checking your stats ^^. B.t.w. what qualifies one as a great player? In any case, great players go inactive too.

Seriously, I've had a look around (just joined up today, bit of a late joiner) and I must say: Nothing to see on my K41 yet. I am sure each new world boasts it's own selection of elite players (I'm not exactly sure most have the term 'elite' down quite rightly.)

How to spot an elite player that is not elite:
The profile mostly contains strenuously long sentences about how you are going to be pawned if you even dare be born in the 7x7 of said player.

How to spot an elite tribe that is not elite:
They say things like: We have been on many worlds conquered world 4, 12, 16 , 21 and now we shal now conquer this one.

ackcody

Truly you are underestimating people. This world has a good number of "elite" players. I would put the number in the low hundreds. Guys like Mattcurr, Miggy, wardyuc, Nauz, are all talented, and those are just a handful of names to toss out. This will be a competitive world.

Please name me 20 then that are still playing this world.