Fixed Groups popup closing

iDisbelieve

Reaction score
Description
Small bug that doesn't impact gameplay all that much, but does break a script I wrote to loop through your selected groups in the groups popup. What happens is that when you have the groups popup opened on the map and launch an attack from the map, the groups popup is closed alongside the attack window popup. This is unexpected behavior on its own, but something else that happens is that the groups popup icon is in the wrong state (it says the popup is opened, while the popup is closed).

As this description is probably going to be confusing, I've made a quick gif of the behavior: https://i.gyazo.com/9f1c10cf9365cb516e4002c3b178322d.gif
Observations:
1. The groups popup is closed unexpectedly
2. The arrow icon to open the popup is wrong. Down means closed, up means open, but after the bug occurs the arrow points up while the popup is closed.

The script I wrote checks the state of the groups popup by looking at this arrow icon, which is the reason this specific bug breaks the script --> bug 1 (popup closing) causes bug 2 (wrong icon display)

Steps to reproduce - 100% accuracy
1. Go to the map
2. Open the groups popup
3. Launch an attack from the attack popup

Personal assumptions
I believe this bug is caused by some sort of ClosePopups() function, which closes all popup elements instead of just the relevant element. For this reason I also think this bug can occur in any place that allows 2 popup elements to be opened at the same time.

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
Thank you for reporting this potential issue to us. We will investigate this and get back to you as soon as we know more!

iDisbelieve

Reaction score
Update: This bug also occurs when you close the quick launch screen via the (X) button and never send an attack. This does support my original assumption that some `closePopup()` function closes all the active popups and not just the quick launch popup. I took a quick look at the HTML but didn't see any shared classes.

I tried looking a bit deeper with chrome debugger but the code is obfuscated, making it too difficult to read for me and I can't be of further help here.

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
DS-21401

Sorry, it seems we lost track of this report earlier. Devs are looking into it. Thanks!

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
This should be resolved in the next update. (8.231)

I'll keep this open for a few days after the update took place for feedback. If it is still broken, please let us know, otherwise we will consider it resolved;

@iDisbelieve