GTG - Got To Go

DeletedUser

You lost to attrition then just like countless tribes have before you.

In essence despite your village taken lead (yes I'll admit GTG was winning while they were still alive but since they aren't anymore...) - BORG beat you.

Same with BDR heh...

kalkoenvet

You lost to attrition then just like countless tribes have before you.

In essence despite your village taken lead (yes I'll admit GTG was winning while they were still alive but since they aren't anymore...) - BORG beat you.

Same with BDR heh...

Everything to boost BORG's awfully poor morale right? If you want to think you beat GTG, then so be it ;).

DeletedUser

However Borg looks at it, not at ONE point were they up against GTG.

This is how Borg roles guys remember, they need to catch any little hope they can to just keep Borg's Morale high, sadly as soon as you look at the stats, my morale would go for them.

Well Done Borg, You REALLY deserve the claim of winning against GTG, want to post up one week when you were up in the stats? :lol::lol:

nQthing

borg didnt beat anything or anyone, all i see with this change is less gtg and more ctrl

DeletedUser

Well Done Borg, You REALLY deserve the claim of winning against GTG, want to post up one week when you were up in the stats? :lol::lol:

Why do that when all that is necessary is this:
3 BORG 395.783.227 471.867.717 71 6.646.024 47858 9.860
31 GTG 9.743 9.743 1 9.743 1 9.743

And we've been over this "winning" thing time and time again... WE even argued about the same thing when BDR died... Like CTRL used to claim over their "wins" against ADA and such, and I quote "If they weren't at war with us then they would still be alive." And I think I remember saying awhile ago if we went by who takes all of a tribes villages, NO ONE would be able to declare any win against any tribe.

Edit: Ok so I'll go tell BORG to pull a "budgie" and hit the disban button so no one can claim a win over us. (y)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

unlike GTG, BORG's stats would show a loss even if they hit disband lmao..

DeletedUser27978

However Borg looks at it, not at ONE point were they up against GTG.

This is how Borg roles guys remember, they need to catch any little hope they can to just keep Borg's Morale high, sadly as soon as you look at the stats, my morale would go for them.

i remember single handedly winning the stats for a whole week before i left? with quite a number in excess lol....

DeletedUser

To be fair to BORG, they did have one succesful week against us in the 7 months we were fighting them and welsh did make a contribution of 54 villages.

Slight exageration to say he was winning the stats single-handedly against us, but I guess he is using poetic license.

Side 1:
Tribes: GTG
Players:

Side 2:
Tribes: BORG
Players:

Timeframe: 10/11/2009 00:00:00 to 17/11/2009 02:55:26

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 95
Side 2: 140
Difference: 45

image.php

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 896,996
Side 2: 1,349,321
Difference: 452,325

image.php

DeletedUser27978

no i am not being poetic, the war was a sham, i did take more villages from gtg than they did from borg in a period of 48 hours on two occasions that won the stats for both weeks.

DeletedUser

no i am not being poetic, the war was a sham, i did take more villages from gtg than they did from borg in a period of 48 hours on two occasions that won the stats for both weeks.

I'M not knocking you.. it was a good op, probably the best BORG launched against GTG. You DID get lucky in that your target went away to work a night shift and forgot to set a sitter, only to return 9 hours later to find he had lost 70 villages... but that's taking norhing away from the planning you all did.

And we've been over this "winning" thing time and time again... WE even argued about the same thing when BDR died... Like CTRL used to claim over their "wins" against ADA and such, and I quote "If they weren't at war with us then they would still be alive."

The difference is that it was only going to war with you that kept us alive for so long. Most of our players were getting pretty bored with the game and never expected to be playing two years after they signed up. That is why we needed a war. It's a shame that it was too easy.

Ater 7 months of war against BORG, beating them week in and week out, people became bored again and wanted to quit. If there had been an end in sight then I might have been able to persuade enough people to continue.. but that didn't look likely

There is a big difference between the tribes you mention and GTG. GTG were actually WINNING their war, so it is wrong to say that if we were not at war we would still be alive.

DeletedUser

The difference is that it was only going to war with you that kept us alive for so long. Most of our players were getting pretty bored with the game and never expected to be playing two years after they signed up. That is why we needed a war. It's a shame that it was too easy.

Ater 7 months of war against BORG, beating them week in and week out, people became bored again and wanted to quit. If there had been an end in sight then I might have been able to persuade enough people to continue.. but that didn't look likely

There is a big difference between the tribes you mention and GTG. GTG were actually WINNING their war, so it is wrong to say that if we were not at war we would still be alive.

Got To Go. Bye GTG. :icon_cool:

DeletedUser

BORG - claim whatever victory you want by GTG disbanding and players like me quitting due to a lack of time. You guys are so bad I took 12 villages AFTER I hit the delete button!

DeletedUser

BORG - claim whatever victory you want by GTG disbanding and players like me quitting due to a lack of time. You guys are so bad I took 12 villages AFTER I hit the delete button!

yeah NAZI Germany occupied most of europe but did they win? as long as the war is still fought you cannot say you already won. the GTG multi's deleted and so they lost the game. thats my two cents bro...peace and much respect to all of you guys here.

DeletedUser

yeah NAZI Germany occupied most of europe but did they win? as long as the war is still fought you cannot say you already won.

I don't think anybody in GTG ever claimed they won. The best we can say is that while we were playing and fighting the war, we were well on top and had we all decided to continue and devote another two precious years of our lives to the never-ending game, we would have probably remained on top.

I guess if the criteria for winning this game is to be the ones who are prepared to give up years and years of their lives, being prepared to take barbs on a regular basis to replace villages lost in wars, then THEY will be the ones who can call themselves winners.

If that is the case, then all the skill, effort and strategy is worthless.

No, GTG never claimed any sort of final victory, although we did prove ourselves far superior to BORG for seven months of the war.

The game is fatally flawed in that a world has no official end. It is the reason why I will never consider playing another world.

When a world is closed to new membership, they should give those remaining a vote every six months on whether they want the world closed.

I feel sure that if this option had been given, this world would have ended by now. But of course the people who run the game want to keep people trapped into playing this world for as long as possible, so that vote would never happen. THEY will decide to close it when it no longer becomes profitable for them to run it.

DeletedUser

Much respect for GTG..

ways to win in tw .... rimmed them, recruit them or make them quit.

DeletedUser

Much respect for GTG..

ways to win in tw .... rimmed them, recruit them or make them quit.

Rimming isn't really an option at this stage of the game. There are so many barbs avaialble that it is easy to stay alive.

We helped make dozens of BORG quit.. problem is, the accounts keep getting taken over by new players.

Recruiting them wasn't really an option either.. when players got so disheartened by the beating they were taking, they preferred to leave the game. Perhaps that's another rule that needs ammending. When an account is transferred, half it's villages should be removed. The incoming replacement player has done nothing to deserve taking over a large account and it would be some reward for the tribe that forced the original player to quit during war. It would also preventm to a large degree, the merry-go-round of account transfers within a tribe which is used in order to keep accounts alive and usable within the 60 day sitting period.

Perhaps if there IS a criticism that can be aimed at GTG is that we were not prepared to bend the rules and transfer accounts in-house, to keep them playable and that we did not go out of our way to search for replacement players for accounts which were inactive.

But.. we always played it pretty straight. We tried to keep within both the SPIRIT of the rules as well as trying to keep to the letter of the rules.

In other words, we were happy to play the game as was originally intended and not desperate for victory at any cost.

DeletedUser27978

Rimming isn't really an option at this stage of the game. There are so many barbs avaialble that it is easy to stay alive.

We helped make dozens of BORG quit.. problem is, the accounts keep getting taken over by new players.

Recruiting them wasn't really an option either.. when players got so disheartened by the beating they were taking, they preferred to leave the game. Perhaps that's another rule that needs ammending. When an account is transferred, half it's villages should be removed. The incoming replacement player has done nothing to deserve taking over a large account and it would be some reward for the tribe that forced the original player to quit during war. It would also preventm to a large degree, the merry-go-round of account transfers within a tribe which is used in order to keep accounts alive and usable within the 60 day sitting period.

Perhaps if there IS a criticism that can be aimed at GTG is that we were not prepared to bend the rules and transfer accounts in-house, to keep them playable and that we did not go out of our way to search for replacement players for accounts which were inactive.

But.. we always played it pretty straight. We tried to keep within both the SPIRIT of the rules as well as trying to keep to the letter of the rules.

In other words, we were happy to play the game as was originally intended and not desperate for victory at any cost.

i don't know a single member who'd i question to joined you and your shoddy tribe.

DeletedUser27978

If you were actually defending it wouldent make a difference because you are so bad at it LOL

even when you was online youd just let quickly sent 5 secound trains roll in like no tommorow

if your gonna waste your time being online. At least be decent at it

DeletedUser

i don't know a single member who'd i question to joined you and your shoddy tribe.

You really are a nasty bit of work aren't you welsh?

Well let's look at the beating that my "shoddy tribe" gave the tribe that you were leader of for much of the war we fought against you.

Side 1:
Tribes: GTG
Players:

Side 2:
Tribes: BORG
Players:

Timeframe: 07/05/2009 00:00:00 to 20/12/2009 03:13:11

Total conquers:

Side 1: 10,866
Side 2: 23,586
Difference: 12,720

image.php

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 3,456
Side 2: 1,976
Difference: 1,480

image.php

Of course that does not include the few hundred extra villages we took from BORG-B who are now disbanded and not in the stats, nor does it include the countless people you removed from your tribe in order to save on the stats.

If I had been one of the leaders in charge of a tribe on the wrong end of such a beating, by a tribe that were described by some people in BORG as "noobs", then I think I would keep my mouth shut.. but you seem to have caught finny-disease.

If GTG were shoddy.. what does that make BORG?

Answers on a postcard please. :)