[guide] How to snipe any noble train

DeletedUser

Ok im celebrating my return to tribalwars by releasing a secret I promised myself i would never release, sniping has really been left to the last resort way of defending due to its innacuracy, you basically have 1 shot to put defence between nobles, that is till now.....

This is a snipe with support method, you will need multiple villages and at least 1 defence village THAT IS NOT TARGETTED with minimum 4k/4k, new world equivalent or thargorans hc tactic equivalent, and an additional 1K/1K per incoming train

most of this is the same method to sniping itself, heres a quick outline:

1. ID where the incoming noble trains are heading

2. Jot down support times to each village with train incomings from each available defence village from the longest to shortest time. Work out a brief plan of order, if you are sniping from a defence village with train incomings make sure it snipes another train before it is hit.

3. prepare to snipe:

this is where the difference lies:

instead of preping a timed launch of support, open opera and prep up a train, if you have a defence village with 10k/10k in it load 10 tabs and put 1k/1k in each, aim this support for the village you are sniping the trains from.

factor in lag +1 second or so to be on the safe side and launch lag+1 seconds before the support time matches the incoming time on the targetted village.

Now launch a train of support at your village :icon_wink:

this is a bit different than normal noble trains, in normal noble trains you aim to launch as fast as possible, in sniping trains you aim to launch as REGULARILY as possible, this is because by doing so you increase the chances of landing one between clearing and nobles.

for example:

incoming support train
00:29:59:500- support
00:29:59:999- nuke:
00:30:00:000-support
00:30:00:001-noble
00:30:00:222-noble
00:30:00:444-noble
00:30:00:500-support
00:30:00:666-noble
00:30:00:888-noble
00:30:01:000-support

4. clear the misses, the other great advantage of this tactic is that you can clear all the support that lands outside the train and then reuse the village to support another village.

5. enjoy

and finally, some documented proof of it working, i never said how i took down these incomings, well until now =)

http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?p=1477100&highlight=undecided#post1477100

DeletedUser

I've mentioned this before, although I've only actually used it in one instance (successfully though).

I think I mentioned it in mimelim's defense strat guide somewhere, but it could have been somewhere else. There are a lot of similar threads.

DeletedUser44279

Actually, not alot of guides I have seen explained it with such simplicity.

DeletedUser

I think this has been in use by many people just no one ever wanted to release it :icon_razz:

Utterchaos

Dec 03, 2008 21:50:44:334--offence
Dec 03, 2008 21:50:44:412--offence
Dec 03, 2008 21:50:44:546--noble
Dec 03, 2008 21:50:44:578-- support
Dec 03, 2008 21:50:44:581--noble
Dec 03, 2008 21:50:44:610--noble
Dec 03, 2008 21:50:44:610-- support
Dec 03, 2008 21:50:44:637--noble

my previous attempts :icon_evil:

DeletedUser8472

I think this has been in use by many people just no one ever wanted to release it :icon_razz:

It's been released...a lot of times....Besides which anyone who knows about backtiming out to know about this.

DeletedUser

I think i heard about this somewhere. I believe there was a guide on the forums of one of the tribes i was on, but this one was much simpler and easier to understand what you were actually trying to say.

DeletedUser

Common but not put explicitly in a guide till now I think. I was actually planning on making a guide of how to do this for my w26 tribe, with more visuals. Beat me to it.

DeletedUser

i thought i was really clever when i figured this one out all by myself, then realised that other people had been doing it since before i even started playing TW...then i felt stupid :icon_redface:

portrait

what a nice day to learn new way!

thanks,

Last edited:

DeletedUser21331

Its not new, learned theory in TeachU, if I remember corerctly.

greenmonsta

Nice quide but as everyone has been saying, it's a well known idea. I kinda figured it out playing speed since I have never needed it in a slow world due to no attackers having any skill or timing ability.

DeletedUser

yeah well that's mostly the best method of killing a good timed-noble train, congratz for posting it mellow.

mattcurr

Yea this is what I usually tell people to do until they learn how to snipe properly.

portrait

Yea this is what I usually tell people to do until they learn how to snipe properly.

When I first read this guide I thought of it as new way to overcome very tight noble train. When you got 5second lag between first noble and the last, its easy to snip with one shot but what if your opponents send very tight train? the only way to do it is mass snipping attempts as explained in the guide.