Guide: Recruitment Ads!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

It has become quite obvious that some people need this...they need a guide to set a example of how to make a proper recruitment ad. So, I've decided to go ahead and make a guide.

Feel free to constructively criticize me, flames will be ignored, and please use proper English, anything like: 'tis guide owns, i wub it' will be ignored also.

-----------

What to do before writing the add:

• Read this guide on leading tribes
  • Read this guide about the use of propaganda
  • After completing the first two steps, you can start thinking about your ad.

Note: the word "guide" above is hyperlinked if you didnt know.

Then start adding some text, some things you should include:

• Which K is your tribe (i.e. you) located in. It's utterly foolish to recruit players in other continents with the exception they are at the border between your K and another.
  • What previous experiences do you have in the game (do not create a tribe if this is your first world as the chances of success will be very slim as stated in the leading guide above).
  • What are you hoping your tribe to be/become: aggressive, diplomatic...etc
  • How are you planning to make your tribe be/become what you want it to.
  • Why should players join your tribe and not others?

You can be less detailed, but at least in your tribal/personal profile include some of this info (within logic... for example points 3-5 should be in the ad and no where else! Point 1 can be put in the topic title or the ad itself but not in your profile)

Here is a simple ad that I find quite good, and includes notes in this color.

-----------

Topic Title: ARRR! K43

Hello there w40,

I'm the founder or Leader, Cap'n, Duke, Recruiter... or whatever your position is of ARRR!. I have been playing the game on and off for 4 years, my first world was w2 and my latest was w33, and now i joined w40 in hopes to create a new tribe which benefits from the experiences of others, yet since its located at the rim will also train any new comers to the game.

I have lead successful tribes in the past such as Xig branch w2, RUM branch w2, FOS w2, ATD w13, HUH? w33, as well as been put in aristocratic positions in tribes such as Hope, Honor branch, and Tinsel using examples makes you more credible. If your example are still existing tribes or account you are still playing, then add links to them.

I aim to make this tribe an agressive compitetor as few diplomatic relations as possible to leave targets for our members to attack... this is a war game. We will be running account sit check-ups, providing guides, opening discussions, and practicing in the field to achieve our aims.

It follows a pirate theme which is unique in tw which will allow you to have a great time and enjoy the game and we encourage envolvement in the tribal community so you will have friends you can count on. I will put the time and effort needed to make this tribe organized and well structured, and have its members become capable fighters This is a war game, which combines two emotions the seriousness of war and the enjoyment of a game, so you need to show your audience how will your tribe target these emotions.

Requirements to join:
  1. Activity: and this includes more than just logging in your village, we want to know you and work with you so join the fun in the forums.
  2. know that troops fight and not points.
  3. Understand english (to allow easy communication)
  4. Accept to be account sat for check-up in a max of 3 days from joining (will soon become mandatory prior to joining) most popular quality check procedure high ranking/"experienced" tribes follow.

If you are interested to join please message me in-game and include:
  1. why you want to join
  2. do you have past experience, if yes explain more, if no, then explain what you hope to get from us.
  3. What is your game style (offensive/defensive..etc)

Cheers,
Raven.

-----------

Some good recruitment ads are here, here, and here.

GL with your ads,
Cuddles

DeletedUser

Someone else's recruitment ad.

And if you want to see some fail recruitment ads, here they are:

I'm pretty sure some people will need this. If you want me to change the recruitment ad above I will gladly do so, but other then that, everything is staying.

Tags

Closing so it does not get spammed.

If anyone has anything productive to add either message me or I am sure Cuddle wont mind.

But go with me fist.

Tags

PLEASE on the request of the Author to not steal anything from this thread, but only to use it as a guideline.

-Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.