Guide: Recruitment Ads!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

It has become quite obvious that some people need this...they need a guide to set a example of how to make a proper recruitment ad. So, I've decided to go ahead and make one.

Feel free to constructively criticize me, flames will be ignored, and please use proper English, anything like: 'tis guide owns, i wub it' may be ignored.

-----------

What to do before writing the add:
Read this guide on leading tribes
Read this guide about the use of propaganda.
After completing the first two steps, you can start thinking about your ad.

Note: The word "guide" above is hyperlinked if you didnt know.

Then start adding some text, some things you should include:
  • Which K is your tribe (i.e. you) located in. It's utterly foolish to recruit players in other continents with the exception they are at the border between your K and another.
  • What previous experiences do you have in the game (do not create a tribe if this is your first world as the chances of success will be very slim as stated in the leading guide above).
  • What are you hoping your tribe to be/become: aggressive, diplomatic...etc
  • How are you planning to make your tribe be/become what you want it to.
  • Why should players join your tribe and not others?
You can be less detailed, but at least in your tribal/personal profile include some of this info (within logic... for example points 3-5 should be in the ad and no where else! Point 1 can be put in the topic title or the ad itself but not in your profile)

Here is a simple ad that I made a while back, and includes notes in this color.

-------

Topic Title: Nuke K52

Hai W49,

I'm the Duke or Leader, Cap'n, Founder, Recruiter... or whatever your position is of Nuke. I have been playing this game on and off since w8. Heres a quick summery of the worlds I played alone in:
Spoiler:
[spoil]w8

First world. Played there has Boba Bounty (recently restarted on w48). Asked the top tribe in the K to join, they said yes, and that began my journey with noobs. Of course there was a few talented players in the tribe, and after the majority of the tribe got to 4 or 5K a group of players started a 'rebellion'. When I was asked to join, I said no. After a little bit of time, I realized what I noob the leader was, and quickly befriended him, which wasn't hard considering I was pretending to be a girl ^^. About a week later I was given the Duke privs, and dismissed the Duke and his council of misfits (except for one or two which was apart of the rebellion). I gave Duke privileges to the rebellion leaders and took away my privs. The tribe was doing good, we were rank 1 and were conquering 2 of the top 5 in the K. Then inactivity hit our two leaders, one was able to get online for a few hours and give the Duke privs to someone else. The new leader sucked and after a few more weeks the tribe split in two. I decided to play solo and sometime later someone from my old tribe contacted me about co'ing him on w10...

w24

Played until about 800K (gave account away), nothing interesting but co-leading a somewhat successful tribe called TUA and Manic. Played has NBAPro.

w44

Played up until someone out of 3 nobled a bonus village. Seems like everyone else did too. Played has AKA Jack[/spoil]Using examples makes you more credible. If your example are still existing tribes or account you are still playing, then add links to them.

Nuke will have guides, polls, and community discussions. I will put the time forward to help everyone in the tribe. Don't expect to get any tribal privileges straight off, once the tribe is more developed we will hold polls for council members, diplomats, etc. Let them know what your tribe will be doing, this can bring players in, or can repel them. Usually it brings them in.

Requirements to Join:
  • Activity, this includes more than just logging in your village, we want to know you and work with you.
  • Know that troops win wars.
  • Accept to be account sat for check-up in a max of 3 days from joining (will soon become mandatory prior to joining). Most popular quality check procedure high ranking/"experienced" tribes follow.

If your interested in joining Nuke then please message me IG (Scrappy the Duck) or here with the following:
  • Why you want to join.
  • Send links to past worlds, explain why you think Nuke will benefit from you.
  • What is your gaming style (offensive/defensive)?

Cheers,
Cuddles

------

This was a quick guide but I hope it helps you.

Long live w51!
Boba

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Or you could use the opposite approach.

K.I.S.S - Keep It Simple Stupid!

But thats not very popular :p. It shows your not willing to take time to do something.

DeletedUser

Should have this stickied in every world, nothing worse than a bad recruitment ad

DeletedUser

bumping for bounty.... should ask if a mod can stick in everyworld and new world

Status
Not open for further replies.