Guides - Share with your local Noobs

Marshyyy

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

My name is Brent and Iv been playing under the Marshyyy account for some time. I started playing in w8 and have spent a lot of my playing as a co- on other accounts on many worlds along the way. My last big world was w85 (no haul) where I had to quit because of school/work. I am back and now work from home and am ready to kick some a** with my new co player Shaswat, and we are currently ranked 17th.

In this world I found myself teaching a lot of people the basics of Tribal wars and believe it or not, people are willing to trade their bases to learn how to be successful. So I figured the best thing to do was to streamline it by making a couple youtube videos.

So the first one is very basic and very dry, and is more of a starter farming guide. However if any of ya'll plan on starting w93+ some novice players may even find some decent info in it. (more towards the middle/ed of the video)

This one is a very... VERY important tutorial and explains LA Enhancer. Also I give a little brief description on what it takes to be a good tribalwars player. Hint hint:future videos ;)

Thanks for watching guys and feel free to pass these videos around to help tribesman and friends!

DeletedUser118369

Couple questions/comments for you based on the Advanced video -

1. Intensive microfarming like your video calls for is great but doing so every 30 minutes with an account as large as yours is an easy way to lead to burnout, especially in the Average/Up-and-coming players that are most helped by this guide. Also, its not always necessary to farm every 30 minutes unless you are really competing with a lot of other players for res, hourly is fine. While you did make the comment that "not everyone is perfect and can be on every half hour" I feel you missed an opportunity to better stress that even doing this method every 60-90 minutes is still better than nothing, and did not discuss much about how/why to tailor it to your area.

2. You set it to hide Wall > 1, but you do not farm with any scouts in your micro-ing, so you won't be getting wall level updates via scouts/LA but rather by watching for yellow/red reports to come in to your Loot Assistant reports folder. You also skipped an integral part of teaching players how to very quickly send out large amounts of wall-busters, as if you are losing LC to walls or not farming a (growing) pile of villages because they have walls you are reducing the efficiency of your farming.

3. Within LA Enhancer, if you check the box "Run default automatically" you do not have to click "Apply" each time. I always have that checked to load straight into farming, just curious your reasoning to not do so - do you switch profiles that frequently?

4. At multi-village stage, you can use the "Go to next village when" features to have it automatically switch to the next village when out of LC/villages to send to, when combined with the setting in my #3, it means you can just hold A/B/C with your finger and it will run through all your villages until you have nothing more to farm. This allows you to farm without looking at your screen - I like to watch TV and hold the farm button with my toe :p

5. You did a great job explaining the concept of doing hourly/30min loops to catch all of the res produced during that time - haven't seen many public guides touch on this concept. However, the biggest mistake people make is they don't farm for a few hours, LC pile up, and then they send out 5+ hours so that every LC in the village is back walking again, while it would be actually more efficient to only send 2.5 hours and have some LC sitting in the village until 1-2 more sending rounds are completed. Sending all them out that far after a few hours of inactivity means that they will not be able to set up the 30/60min waves as they won't have enough LC coming home fast enough.

Please take none of this as a knock, you have good videos that teach good concepts that the average player does not have access to learn publicly. I just want to have some strategic/conceptual discussion on some of the more refined aspects so that others can come read through this thread - I won't have time to create the guide for the customized bookmark + LA farming method that we have developed for CD account that had us farming 800k consistently with 1 village (and have revamped for our current size) until school is out for the semester, so by having some of these things talked about here will just provide a better trove of knowledge for those who seek it.

Keep up the good work with the videos to help the community, will be nice to see the competitiveness increase amongst the playerbase.

Anaconda

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Very nice videos. I am rebuilding the forum guides and making a whole new video library list. I will add your videos to the library. I will also link Ceiling Destroyer's comments to the video guides. I am also coming out with brand new guides, one of them being a nice spy guide. Should have it all done in a few weeks.

Marshyyy

Reaction score

1. Intensive microfarming like your video calls for is great but doing so every 30 minutes with an account as large as yours is an easy way to lead to burnout, especially in the Average/Up-and-coming players that are most helped by this guide. Also, its not always necessary to farm every 30 minutes unless you are really competing with a lot of other players for res, hourly is fine. While you did make the comment that "not everyone is perfect and can be on every half hour" I feel you missed an opportunity to better stress that even doing this method every 60-90 minutes is still better than nothing, and did not discuss much about how/why to tailor it to your area.

2. You set it to hide Wall > 1, but you do not farm with any scouts in your micro-ing, so you won't be getting wall level updates via scouts/LA but rather by watching for yellow/red reports to come in to your Loot Assistant reports folder. You also skipped an integral part of teaching players how to very quickly send out large amounts of wall-busters, as if you are losing LC to walls or not farming a (growing) pile of villages because they have walls you are reducing the efficiency of your farming.

3. Within LA Enhancer, if you check the box "Run default automatically" you do not have to click "Apply" each time. I always have that checked to load straight into farming, just curious your reasoning to not do so - do you switch profiles that frequently?

4. At multi-village stage, you can use the "Go to next village when" features to have it automatically switch to the next village when out of LC/villages to send to, when combined with the setting in my #3, it means you can just hold A/B/C with your finger and it will run through all your villages until you have nothing more to farm. This allows you to farm without looking at your screen - I like to watch TV and hold the farm button with my toe :p

5. You did a great job explaining the concept of doing hourly/30min loops to catch all of the res produced during that time - haven't seen many public guides touch on this concept. However, the biggest mistake people make is they don't farm for a few hours, LC pile up, and then they send out 5+ hours so that every LC in the village is back walking again, while it would be actually more efficient to only send 2.5 hours and have some LC sitting in the village until 1-2 more sending rounds are completed. Sending all them out that far after a few hours of inactivity means that they will not be able to set up the 30/60min waves as they won't have enough LC coming home fast enough.

Please take none of this as a knock, you have good videos that teach good concepts that the average player does not have access to learn publicly. I just want to have some strategic/conceptual discussion on some of the more refined aspects so that others can come read through this thread - I won't have time to create the guide for the customized bookmark + LA farming method that we have developed for CD account that had us farming 800k consistently with 1 village (and have revamped for our current size) until school is out for the semester, so by having some of these things talked about here will just provide a better trove of knowledge for those who seek it.

Keep up the good work with the videos to help the community, will be nice to see the competitiveness increase amongst the playerbase.

1.) Yes, I agree that it can lead to burn out. I would say this is going to be your guide to very high efficiency but yeah you do what you can. Or how I put it in the video "nobody is perfect" you can't always be on and farming every 30 minutes.

2.) Yes, currently I have no scouts so you are right. as long as I have the "hide attacks with partial losses" is ticked, The wall level one wouldnt matter. But typically when you have 1-2 villages you more than likely have some scouts in your offensive village.

3.) Yes. I change profiles because when I am nobling, i wont have as many troops to send out and so they wont be sent as many units away. This changes on a day to day basis sometimes.

4.) I know, but for some reason it works on my laptop, but not my desktop. Can't figure out why..

5.) Thanks! I really do appreciate the comments and engagement as well! Theres always room for improvement and I can definitely say I am far from perfect :)

SHAGAN888

Glad your not farming around me you psycho,,,, jk buddy
Very nice work man for real I'm impressed to say the least.....

I did have a W85 atmospherecf1 flash back though with the videos, lmao

Last edited:

DeletedUser

and i just created this account to reply to this post Brent :p job well done

1. He just said that he is a lazy ass noob well i am too but we sometimes to it half hourly sometimes even after 3 hours so its cool.

2. We just set it at the beginning <1 wall level and were just too lazy to change it. Yes and we shape our farms and constantly ram lvl2 walls. And farm with 4 lcs min, they dont die on lvl1 walls.

3. Yes we change profiles way too often we were experimenting with the LA enhancer for the most effective farming style. Now slowly we are getting constant.

4. Yes if you could figure out what's the problem it is much appreciated. The LA enchancer switches the village when we run out of rows but not when enough units are unavailable even tho we've checked it. If u know a solution, please teach :D

5. We are always open to suggestions and teaching other people :) Also, this vid was originally made to teach his brother in law who just started tw. But he's got that talent it seems, that even the videos he did not put good effort on turned out great. I'm sure the new upcomings videos will be even better.

Thank You. We are open to suggestion so please, other people can provide more feedback too :)

Rainbow Rhythms

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
and i just created this account to reply to this post Brent :p job well done

4. Yes if you could figure out what's the problem it is much appreciated. The LA enchancer switches the village when we run out of rows but not when enough units are unavailable even tho we've checked it. If u know a solution, please teach :D

Thank You. We are open to suggestion so please, other people can provide more feedback too :)

hey there, bit of a newbie here. But i had this same exact problem where it wouldnt automatically swap village. I managed to get it working today though.

So originally I had ticked the "swap to next village if not enough troops are available" but it didnt work, so i ticked the "farming troops are available" and entered in 0 (or however many you want).
It is working like a charm now.
thanks though for all the effort you guys have put in on the videos and discussing it here on the forums. Ill see you all on w92 :)

DeletedUser118357

I won't have time to create the guide for the customized bookmark + LA farming method that we have developed for CD account that had us farming 800k consistently with 1 village (and have revamped for our current size) until school is out for the semester

TOO BUSY DESTROYING CEILINGS ARE WE?? You little Ceiling Destroyer!

DeletedUser120069

I know its kinda noobish question,but can someone explain how you put axe or sword item on your village?

To see easier which one is off and which one is deff village.

DeletedUser118369

If you are referring to having these the map, this is a Premium Feature (Im sure you have PA if you take the time to post here but just covering my bases)

Map -> scroll to bottom -> Manage Highlights (below bottom left corner of map) -> Your Villages -> Add Own Group
Will default to a black box and then you can change the color/icon.

Last edited:

DeletedUser120069

Yes i use PA. :)

Cant imagine playiing without it.

I managed to do something,but my last co had icon of axe or sword on our villas,an we could had clearly see which one is our off and which one is deff village.

Now i found what you explained but cant put that icon on village.

To explain it better i will post this.

As you can see i did made highlight,but it does not effect the map :/

map highlight:
http://image.prntscr.com/image/85bdf2ecefab4410a1955729f1aef3bd.png

map:
http://image.prntscr.com/image/bafa542f14b74d3889c488447f6151c6.png

Last edited:

Muldie325

Some notes about coin worlds:

It irritates me how many people I have seen on this world so far not seeming to understand how coins work and how you should play differently from a packet world. Maybe it's just because I'm in a terrible tribe, maybe not. Right now there doesn't seem to be any suitable place for me to post this in game, so here goes.

The main thing you need to know, is that when you lose a village, you don't lose the coins. You probably already know that, but there are several ways this should effect your gameplay:

1: Recaps can often be a waste of nobles in the short term. If you've just lost a village to the enemy you can easily noble it back, as the wall is knocked down (most likely), and you would have seen any timed support coming in, and knowing you would lose the village, smashed that D in small groups by timing your nukes between the packets of support, with no wall. So there is this weak little defenceless village near you. So tempting just to noble it back. But you don't really need to. If you can noble any other village of your opponents it's going to be more beneficial for you, Because that village he has just taken from you has no troops in it. You noble one of his other villages you can guarantee that you're going to reduce his troop count, and you can always take that village near you back later, just keep ramming the wall down occasionally and making sure no D builds up there and you're sweet. In the meantime you get a bonus noble (due to being down a village) with which to attack his other villages. On the other hand, if you do recap, you're in the same position he was just in.. having a village on the front that now no longer has a wall or any troops.. then he can just recap it off you again.. neither of you gain any ground this way.

2. You can let your enemies noble your villages more often! Okay hear me out. I'm not saying just let them take a full D village off you, but if you're in a situation like above, where you have just conquered a village and an enemy is wanting to recap it from you, let them. Or if they're attacking one of your O vills that recently lost its nuke.. you might want to let them. Prenoble your village so that their clearing noble takes it, and you have a guaranteed "backtime" on that nuke, and easy kills on any timed D afterwards. You can always recap it later. Just remember in these skirmishes, villages can be expendable in the short term if they don't contain many troops. Skirmishes are won by wiping out your opponents armies, and then mopping them up.

3. To actually take out a player, you have to noble every last village. Otherwise they'll be back up to full strength in no time just nobling hordes of barbs on the rim. You might not mind this if you're wanting them to build up some barbs for you, but if you're in a tribe on tribe battle, you have to think about taking players out. As a defending tribe it's key that you keep your players alive as well. Sometimes players will just quit after losing a few villages.. but if you can avoid that, just ensuring that at least 1 village stays alive until you can push back the enemy, will end up gaining your tribe back all of the lost villages in the end.

Another thing about coin worlds which isn't so related, is that you don't need academies in every village. Unless you're lazy. You only need them in villages where you're going to mint coins or actually build nobles. On a flag world this is even more emphasized, because you want to be able to make use of those reduced coin cost flags, and you don't want to have them in every village. I swear people just build academies in every village for the points and use laziness as the excuse. Either that or its because they want to hide their village builds. Look, nobody is going to actually look at your village points and say "hey, i guess that one's the noble train". They'll work it out by the speed or by the watchtower, and if they can't work it out by either of those methods they're probably not enough of a threat for you to care if they spot the train. Not building an academy in your village saves you around 1000 points per village once you factor in not needing 5-15 smithy levels (depending on whether you're building siege/HC in the vill also) and that 1000 points PER village, can really factor into morale. But alas.. pointwhoring is rife, even among those who profess not to do it.

FearIsBorn

Some notes about coin worlds:

It irritates me how many people I have seen on this world so far not seeming to understand how coins work and how you should play differently from a packet world. Maybe it's just because I'm in a terrible tribe, maybe not. Right now there doesn't seem to be any suitable place for me to post this in game, so here goes.

The main thing you need to know, is that when you lose a village, you don't lose the coins. You probably already know that, but there are several ways this should effect your gameplay:

1: Recaps can often be a waste of nobles in the short term. If you've just lost a village to the enemy you can easily noble it back, as the wall is knocked down (most likely), and you would have seen any timed support coming in, and knowing you would lose the village, smashed that D in small groups by timing your nukes between the packets of support, with no wall. So there is this weak little defenceless village near you. So tempting just to noble it back. But you don't really need to. If you can noble any other village of your opponents it's going to be more beneficial for you, Because that village he has just taken from you has no troops in it. You noble one of his other villages you can guarantee that you're going to reduce his troop count, and you can always take that village near you back later, just keep ramming the wall down occasionally and making sure no D builds up there and you're sweet. In the meantime you get a bonus noble (due to being down a village) with which to attack his other villages. On the other hand, if you do recap, you're in the same position he was just in.. having a village on the front that now no longer has a wall or any troops.. then he can just recap it off you again.. neither of you gain any ground this way.

2. You can let your enemies noble your villages more often! Okay hear me out. I'm not saying just let them take a full D village off you, but if you're in a situation like above, where you have just conquered a village and an enemy is wanting to recap it from you, let them. Or if they're attacking one of your O vills that recently lost its nuke.. you might want to let them. Prenoble your village so that their clearing noble takes it, and you have a guaranteed "backtime" on that nuke, and easy kills on any timed D afterwards. You can always recap it later. Just remember in these skirmishes, villages can be expendable in the short term if they don't contain many troops. Skirmishes are won by wiping out your opponents armies, and then mopping them up.

3. To actually take out a player, you have to noble every last village. Otherwise they'll be back up to full strength in no time just nobling hordes of barbs on the rim. You might not mind this if you're wanting them to build up some barbs for you, but if you're in a tribe on tribe battle, you have to think about taking players out. As a defending tribe it's key that you keep your players alive as well. Sometimes players will just quit after losing a few villages.. but if you can avoid that, just ensuring that at least 1 village stays alive until you can push back the enemy, will end up gaining your tribe back all of the lost villages in the end.

Another thing about coin worlds which isn't so related, is that you don't need academies in every village. Unless you're lazy. You only need them in villages where you're going to mint coins or actually build nobles. On a flag world this is even more emphasized, because you want to be able to make use of those reduced coin cost flags, and you don't want to have them in every village. I swear people just build academies in every village for the points and use laziness as the excuse. Either that or its because they want to hide their village builds. Look, nobody is going to actually look at your village points and say "hey, i guess that one's the noble train". They'll work it out by the speed or by the watchtower, and if they can't work it out by either of those methods they're probably not enough of a threat for you to care if they spot the train. Not building an academy in your village saves you around 1000 points per village once you factor in not needing 5-15 smithy levels (depending on whether you're building siege/HC in the vill also) and that 1000 points PER village, can really factor into morale. But alas.. pointwhoring is rife, even among those who profess not to do it.

Partially correct, and partially incorrect. The whole reason most people have academies in every village, especially in church worlds, is to hide which village has a church in it. And simultaneously, having academies in every village allows for easy building of nobles anywhere, especially if you need it for a quick cap or fake noble at someone. I know you're trying to do good by posting some tips, but also don't bag on other people's gameplay/strategies ;)

Muldie325

Partially correct, and partially incorrect. The whole reason most people have academies in every village, especially in church worlds, is to hide which village has a church in it.
This has never been quoted to me as a reason when I've asked people, nor do I find it very convincing. What's an opponent going to do if he finds my church vill? Send a massive load of cat nukes at it? These days you can spot that with a watchtower, stack your church vill to the sky and get a bunch of easy ODD. Thank you.

And simultaneously, having academies in every village allows for easy building of nobles anywhere, especially if you need it for a quick cap or fake noble at someone.
Do you really need that in EVERY vill? If you have 5-10 villages all in quite a tight cluster, surely only one of them would need an academy. Especially if it's in your backlines.

I know you're trying to do good by posting some tips, but also don't bag on other people's gameplay/strategies ;)
If by bagging on other peoples gameplay/strategies, you mean calling out pointwhoring where I see it.. then I'm going to keep doing it. People can have their own opinions and "gameplay styles", but your opinion doesn't influence whether a strategy is actually good or not.

It might feel harsh to be called a pointwhore but sometimes that's the wake up call you need. I happen to be a person who cares.. or rather cared before p2w.. about rank. I don't find this game particularly enjoyable outside of the strategy discussions and getting to see myself at rank 1. If I know I'm going to get a 512 point bump from building an academy especially earlyish in the game, it feels good. Doesn't it feel good for you? But what you need to do, is you need to question this good feeling, and ask yourself, is this point gain actually helping me in game, or is it just making me feel good? It's so tempting to find some excuse to justify it so that you can keep that good feeling. You need restraint to put things in perspective.

DeletedUser80534

In my huge account I did put acads in all villages, because I wanted exact same villa points, and needed to build nobles where-ever.

With my new world, I was just about to start acad in my other villas when Muldie stopped me (by just saying 'thats so wasteful'), and as I thought over this concept I quickly saw what he meant.

It is wasteful (taking into consideration account size etc). I minted a load of coins with res that would have been wasted otherwise on smithies and acads.

The thing that annoyed me to death with packet worlds was that you couldn't move your nobles. You can move them in coin worlds. And that is why I previously did have an acad in all villas. I was a bit careful with killing them off though, they are quite expensive, and you really feel that when you're trying to squeeze out those last coins.

It might be worth not building them everywhere, but I'd need to test that.