Guides!

DeletedUser

I needz em :icon_confused:

what does a player have to do to learn some new strat's around here? ive looked everywhere i can on the forums (TeachU not included) and i havnt been able to find a single one. ive been trying to find a few recently that might pertain to an ellusive subject known as bookmarking.... bookmark fakes, bookmark farming, the whole lot of it. i currently use scripts for fakes, and while they are decent, the whole bookmarking idea has me curious, but unable to find any place to learn things such as these has left me stuck to manage with the skills i currently posses. why are there not more accesible guides? why dont people share their knowledge of the game with others, instead of just a select few people in their own tribe?

Ofc, im not only interested in bookmarking, any good useful guide that would be helpful to improve is welcome too, (although just so you know, yes i know how to send the subsecond trains on opera, i know someone out there will probably try to be funny and say something about that one. feel free to post it or a link for others, but i need something a little more substantial atm.)

so is anyone else having this difficulty or am i just blind and not looking in the right places?

EDIT: Feel free to post any guides you want to share, and i will C/P them here, along with crediting whoever made/found them to be put here, hopefully to encourage more of them being put up for others to veiw.:

Bookmark Farming guide: http://forum.tribalwars.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1485 <-- found by Celtic Mist

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I suspect those things can be a bit difficult to find. For one, at least as far as I know, a lot that's being done with Opera, bookmarking for example, is fairly new to most (meaning, within the timeframe largely of this game world). Some still consider a lot of what can be done there as "newer" strategies that they hold close to allow them a perceived advantage over their opponents. Those who are using likely also want to see that those they play with learn them, first...before they spend any time explaining to those outside of their tribe.

Within a few months, just like everyone should know how to send a train, I expect more will come out on those things you're asking about. Many things can now be made simpler/quicker than they once were.

Glad to see you searching for info there.

DeletedUser

When I was helping out Pervis and co on the Uk servers, I found that the uk forums were a good source for tw guides.

http://forum.tribalwars.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1485

This one is bookmark farming that a former Hate. member made. Hopefully you'll find it helpful. I'd also advise reading the entirety of the thread, as sometimes the best info can be found in someones reply to the orginal poster.

DeletedUser

even if it is done in IE, or something, i know these things are out there even now. I hear about them over and over, but when i make any direct mention of them, people seem to scatter away as if i asked how to make a home-made bomb or something. the thing is, it seems to me, people dont WANT to part with their knowledge, because they like the feeling of being better then others. if the guides were out there and easily accesible, the skill level of the game might rise to the point where they are no longer considered to be among the best, maybe slipping to above average, or even to par.

you'd be amazed at the amount of times i have mentioned anything about this sort of thing and been met with only silence. bookmarking may be the one i am curious about right now, but its not the only thing i think would help me improve, and its definitely not the only guide out there.

So the question becomes, why do people feel the need to keep all this knowledge to themselves, yet criticize others for not being able to play as well as they can, or snipe so-and-so trains, or send so-and-so nukes a certian amount of time ahead of the aforementioned train or whatnot. given, that these are general examples and may or may not be good ones, but the point still remains the same.

EDIT: thanks to CM for the first donation of a useful guide for the thread

DeletedUser

even if it is done in IE, or something, i know these things are out there even now. I hear about them over and over, but when i make any direct mention of them, people seem to scatter away as if i asked how to make a home-made bomb or something. the thing is, it seems to me, people dont WANT to part with their knowledge, because they like the feeling of being better then others. if the guides were out there and easily accesible, the skill level of the game might rise to the point where they are no longer considered to be among the best, maybe slipping to above average, or even to par.

you'd be amazed at the amount of times i have mentioned anything about this sort of thing and been met with only silence. bookmarking may be the one i am curious about right now, but its not the only thing i think would help me improve, and its definitely not the only guide out there.

So the question becomes, why do people feel the need to keep all this knowledge to themselves, yet criticize others for not being able to play as well as they can, or snipe so-and-so trains, or send so-and-so nukes a certian amount of time ahead of the aforementioned train or whatnot. given, that these are general examples and may or may not be good ones, but the point still remains the same.

Frankly the higher the competition the better the game play. I am all for helping place players who want to get better on the right path. That said, I still have alot to learn, TW strategy seems to always be changing. I'll see if i can track down some more "useful" guides to litter this thread with.

DeletedUser

although i do appreciate the guide you posted about farming, i dont exactly have a lot of farms close at hand (or anywhere really,) being this late in the world and so clustered together at this point, does this differ much from any other forms of using bookmarks to do other various things?

DeletedUser

Bookmark farming is really only done using the same farms, over and over again, and is why some people are so protective over their barbarians within their core.

Is simple really, run a bunch of farming runs, then copy the attack again with same or all troops links off the reports, and bookmark them, into a group of bookmarks.
Then when you open up the bookmark group, usually right clicking will give you an option to open up all bookmarks in their own tab, and you just have to pop through and click OK.

Is kind of hard to set up, if you don't have barbs that aren't at risk of being eaten by someone else (ie. within your core), because you'll be constantly attacking people, and having to update your book marks. That said at this stage of the game, finding an inactive player to farm is uber productive.

As or other strategy guides, I'm due to write a number of them myself, but never get around to it.
I'm happy to talk strategy anytime (I think I gave you one glimpse in a mail in game), but would gladly help you out, since your willing to learn.
I'm from far the best TW player there is, but I pride myself on efficient time management to allow me to enjoy the finer aspects of the game.... WAR!

DeletedUser

Bookmark farming is really only done using the same farms, over and over again, and is why some people are so protective over their barbarians within their core.

Is simple really, run a bunch of farming runs, then copy the attack again with same or all troops links off the reports, and bookmark them, into a group of bookmarks.
Then when you open up the bookmark group, usually right clicking will give you an option to open up all bookmarks in their own tab, and you just have to pop through and click OK.

Is kind of hard to set up, if you don't have barbs that aren't at risk of being eaten by someone else (ie. within your core), because you'll be constantly attacking people, and having to update your book marks. That said at this stage of the game, finding an inactive player to farm is uber productive.

As or other strategy guides, I'm due to write a number of them myself, but never get around to it.
I'm happy to talk strategy anytime (I think I gave you one glimpse in a mail in game), but would gladly help you out, since your willing to learn.
I'm from far the best TW player there is, but I pride myself on efficient time management to allow me to enjoy the finer aspects of the game.... WAR!

you got skype?

EDIT: found you.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

tiger, no matter how many guides you get you still ain't gonna beat me on w5 :p ahehe. i guess i could skype you mine, but that would require you actually logging on :p

DeletedUser

tiger, no matter how many guides you get you still ain't gonna beat me on w5 :p ahehe. i guess i could skype you mine, but that would require you actually logging on :p

i just spoke to you yesterday you noob! :icon_eek:

anyway, weve already had this discussion. i started two days later then you, with no coplayers. you started earlier with 2 coplayers. go figure your ahead :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

yeah well...you're always red. it confuses.

I also started with skill :eek:

DeletedUser

Some of what Celtic said is true. A higher level of play makes the game more interesting. However, why a lot of the knowledge is being kept hidden? Its an advantage. You dont show your opponent all your cards playing poker. Your looking to win, not make it even.

Also, keep in mind a lot of this was figured out by smart people who spent quite a bit of time trying to figure it out. If they just 'give' it away, all thier hard work will be for naught. Besides, its one of those things where you can work it out for yourself. You just have to 'work' for it, and in my experience and others, you appreciate something more when you 'work' for it, instead of it being 'given' to you.

Sincerely,
Daysteppr

DeletedUser

You have been hanging out with the wrong crowd.

Have you asked/talked with Ben about bookmark farming?

DeletedUser

Remember, no farm scripts or fake scripts on .no tiger :p wouldn't want you getting banned, now would we?