Haiti Earthquake

DeletedUser

First of hall i now this matter cant be posted by tb rules but i will post and op will not be closed.

As we all know an earthquake hit the nation of Haiti.
While watching the news could not bear the tears to see so much destruction.
I want to post these words to demonstrate the solidariade and sadness with the Haitian people and pass the information on how to help.
If each Portuguese (in my case I'm Portuguese) send a euro (ok not going to give us food shortage) will be so of Portugal 8milhoes euros!
I hope a lot of help arrives or will be even more catastrophic diseases to elever deaths

http://foederati-wow.com/vast/2010/01/how-to-help-haiti/

1pnadre

DeletedUser

This is awful. I saw it on CNN. Like 1 hour before earthquake. Anyone knows how strong it was? I saw little part of it due I had to study. And how much did die? Did there was a big wave? Haiti is a island. :icon_neutral:

DeletedUser

I read 7 and alredy 100 000 deads for now, they think will hit at least 500 000!!!!

DeletedUser

I got up this morning and i went to the living room and saw my mom watching the news. I saw the mayor and the Gorvernor and a bunch of other guys giving their speach and i heard that they were talking about Haiti. I was confused because i didn't know what Haiti had to do with New York City :| I asked my mom and she said there was an Earthquake in Haiti, like 7.0 magnitude.

I saw the president giving a speach too but i'm not sure if that was before or after i asked my mom.

Either way I just walked away. :|

DeletedUser

Hate to say it, but Natural disasters are, well, exactly that...natural disasters...Natures way of keeping population down. Not much can be done but rebuild, and truck on.

DeletedUser50073

My girlfriend and I are looking for places where we can volunteer to help. I think it would be a good experience to go down there and help people.

DeletedUser

Speaking of helping, a group of 17 kids from my school went down there to help build houses and what not..
15 minutes after they landed (still at airport), the earthquake hit. The hotel they were going to stay in was completely flattened..

Talk about luck.. :icon_eek:

DeletedUser

500,000 have been known to off died... its really bad, and the presidential palace and several other buildings he used has all been knocked down

DeletedUser

500,000 have been known to off died... its really bad, and the presidential palace and several other buildings he used has all been knocked down

liez, Today at BBC, it was said ~30 000 - 50 000 have died.

DeletedUser

I believe it was 6.9 magnitude? And there is still going to be the aftershock tremors that usually follow major quakes.

nasme

What I'm wondering is what happened to the dominican republic? It shares the same island, and I havn't heard anything about them,
But yes, best of luck to those in hati, and best of luck with anyone helping,

nasme

^^ very true, a life can't be regained,
*acording to most religions, but I don't want to fight about that, this topic isn't about that,

DeletedUser

and the dam help dont come amazing!! + than 48h and help land but dont arrive to the streets!!
wid no water,food,dead people in the midle of the streets, next problem will be diseases if help dont arrive fast