Half-price, half-quality.

DeletedUser

Hooray for half-priced nobles.
I can not play and bleed villages for weeks, as long as I mint each day.
Then, when I feel like playing, I can just jump on and noble a couple hundred barbs in a week, and still maintain overall growth.
No one will ever be rimmed again on W24, and no one ever has to feel like they can't leave their account unattended for more than a day.
A war game that you cannot lose, what a novel concept. Thanks TW staff.

Becomes a fun game this way.

DeletedUser

ugh.... do you have any idea how many nobles i can educate... i just did a half mint and got 5k coins out it... lord... i'm gonna start faking with only nobles...

Bo-John-bo

Haven't we been over the whole inactive vs. active deal? That doesn't discount my conquers, nor does it mean that my conquers against other enemies that zelous hasn't made in similar format don't count.

I am not trying to discount your conquers, you just made a comment saying it was nothing to boast about or something and I wanted the W24 community to know that they were easy conquers because toggboy went red long before your attacks were launched :)

The Great 1One1

I'm off to noble 300 barbs in k31...because I can. DOn't worry, I will have minted enough for another 300 nobles by then....

DeletedUser

I am not trying to discount your conquers, you just made a comment saying it was nothing to boast about or something and I wanted the W24 community to know that they were easy conquers because toggboy went red long before your attacks were launched :)

That's well enough. Though keeping the barbs I took near Deus wasn't nearly as easy :lol:.

At any rate, I did more, yatta yatta. Not much of a care for me anymore.

I'm off to mint more nobles to add to my 200 collection. I wanna get 300, then I can be like Sparta!

The Great 1One1

DOn't be too much like Sparta; they don't exist anymore. And don't be too much like Ronin either (if that's who you're referring to).

woody955 Left 22nd May 2010 - 07:16 10,696,116
meanjack Left 22nd May 2010 - 04:13 9,166,111
janntje1991 Left 22nd May 2010 - 04:13 3,847,497
beatybaby Left 22nd May 2010 - 04:13 10,588,604
JPooley Left 22nd May 2010 - 04:13 2,543,715
Vegetta13 Left 22nd May 2010 - 04:13 1,698,247
alexteo72 Left 22nd May 2010 - 04:13 9,618,498
D@rk Fury Left 22nd May 2010 - 04:13 3,873,865
braks02 Left 22nd May 2010 - 04:13 2,605,205
Elmars Left 21st May 2010 - 16:18 1,218,395

DeletedUser

I was waiting for that, TGO. But it's ok, my sparta will succeed with our 300 nobles!

DeletedUser

Hooray for half-priced nobles.
I can not play and bleed villages for weeks, as long as I mint each day.
Then, when I feel like playing, I can just jump on and noble a couple hundred barbs in a week, and still maintain overall growth.
No one will ever be rimmed again on W24, and no one ever has to feel like they can't leave their account unattended for more than a day.
A war game that you cannot lose, what a novel concept. Thanks TW staff.

Is that really any different than before, if you lose a hundred villages you can noble a hundred barbs to replace them, no need to mint? Half price coins really only benefit those players who are most active and therefore low on nobles. If anything it makes it slightly more possible to lose. Your enemies can noble you up twice as fast as they could before and can send twice as many trains. I'm not really active anymore here but I was active on W18 when half price nobles kicked in. The war there was already one-sided and the drop in noble costs made it significantly more so. Frontlines doubled in pace, players who came under fire could not deal with having twice as many trains as before and quit and whole K's got conquered in a matter of weeks. I'm kinda surprised at the reception the idea has gotten here.

DeletedUser

How did W18 cope with barbs/inactives then, in the face of half-price nobles?

Fact is that potentially a majority of the world is literally inactive or barb. Frontlines are one thing, but what about the barbnobling, which would surely be detrimental to war-participation?

DeletedUser

It comes down to personal choice and discipline. Barbnobling is not looked upon kindly on W18. Not that it doesn't happen but at least on one side its practically a capital offense. Some players will actually snipe their own trains if a player they're attacking goes barb in order to keep their streaks going. Its also different from W24 in that the western half of the world steamrolled the core and is now into the x7s. There's an end in sight so the people still playing, and winning, stick to nobling red in order to reach their goal of world domination.

DeletedUser

It comes down to personal choice and discipline. Barbnobling is not looked upon kindly on W18. Not that it doesn't happen but at least on one side its practically a capital offense. Some players will actually snipe their own trains if a player they're attacking goes barb in order to keep their streaks going. Its also different from W24 in that the western half of the world steamrolled the core and is now into the x7s. There's an end in sight so the people still playing, and winning, stick to nobling red in order to reach their goal of world domination.
We just need to keep focus on the true nature of this game.
What makes TW great?
It is the people, it is the people, it is the people.
The wars are nothing compared to the social aspect of the game.
I'm at the point where I would rather play other games (such as Median XL), and keep chatting with the people I've met through TW on skype.
The game itself seems like somewhat of a joke to me now.

DeletedUser

@Knight Saber; How would you do that, though?

@Forkrul; I guess that's also the answer to why W24, or at least part, looks unfavourably on this half-price measure -- barbnobling seems to be the norm here, rather than the exception.

DeletedUser

Barb nobling is more prominent than ever because of the shear volume of fighters lost in the two world wars. All that is left is a handful that will happily fight while the others race to noble barbs 3k's behind frontlines before some invisible enemy nobles them. The only way to abolish the barb nobling culture on w24 is to get rid of barbs. There is no other way around it.

DeletedUser

Barb nobling is more prominent than ever because of the shear volume of fighters lost in the two world wars. All that is left is a handful that will happily fight while the others race to noble barbs 3k's behind frontlines before some invisible enemy nobles them. The only way to abolish the barb nobling culture on w24 is to get rid of barbs. There is no other way around it.

If that said 9K Barbs, would sound like you :p

Death. Come near Me

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Hi guys

First of all I apologize for bumping this thread, I've been away from the game due to RL issues for a month, and during that time I wasn't reading the forums. However I do feel to give the necesity to post my 1 cent (it was 2 cents before the change) about this.

I have voted *sight* yes. And I, despite hating barbwhoring (look at me, I became one) would vote yes again. I remember when we war warring V-V-V and s2orm with MANIC every month I had to go to the leadership and say " Pig, smurf- I am not doing anything for 2 weeks", literally because I had no nobles. I had to stop recruitng deffense in order to have enough nobles for an operation.

This change brought a good change to warriors and whores alike. Warriors, who keep on using their nukes won't have such a serious problem with nobles. You can use and rebuild your shit constantly, while storing considerable amount of coins. For barbwhore, surprise! You can eat twice the villages until you go barb yourself.

But lets be clear was the older system better ? You wanted to kill the red enemy but guess what ? After you cleared his vills, carefully demolished his rally points, you can't kill him, because you ain't got nobles. Sooner or later you might get frustrated and you proceed to go after barbs which take only 2 nukes to clear. Less nukes to clear means more resource to store coins. Add that up with a fact that dukes, no matter how ruthless and charismatic they are, they can't do shit against. You gonna kick me ? Go ahead, screw you. What you gonnna noble me ? You can't because you aint got the nobles. You gonna hack my account ?

The only con I can see that sooner or later, this world will become like this. Yes that is world one, I've played it, and I can tell you that people were begging for half priced nobles to be introduced (top player was around 10M), and they were very glad when they were introduced. With or without the change they would've ended up barbwhores, just like us

What this change does, it cuts the time this world lasts by 2. And you know what happens when you divide infinity by 2 ? You still get infinity. This end of this world wont be brought closer, because it's not good financially for innogam€$. W1 players also begged for mods to wipe out all the barbs fom the world. It was refused. Why ? I believe even the weak can guess why.

DeletedUser

Russian, that's exactly what I've been saying. The makers are in this for the money. It just isn't likely that they will want to let us shorten the world just there could be a winner.

We have to do it ourselves....super merges....and getting people to quit through overwhelming attacks.