HAVE YOU BEEN RIMMED? DID SOMEOME DO YOU WRONG?

DeletedUser44759

The game evolves, the players get better and better.

Been thinking a great deal about this statement today and quite frankly I think it's pure fantasy. I know how good I am, and to be honest consider myself to be a very mediocre player skills wise. Yet every world I dabble in I bubble to the top like a turd in a septic tank....my rankings on anything, any world show the fallacy there. I get by largely on pure activity, ptsd induced insomnia is a great aid there and allows me to be as active as most multi co'd accounts. However it doesn't make my basic skills any better.

Now I've played with accounts of varying skill levels for over a decade and consider myself to be in a position to be a fair objective judge, In my humble opinion as aids increase ability on the whole has gone down, what used to be skill is now automated, players are simply better tooled up, that's all, it's that simple. The recent attempt to introduce auto sniping is a classic example of that. There are very good players out there, no doubt about it, but the game has actually evolved in a way that nerfs skill rather than enhances it. By rights I shouldn't even be a top 100 player on any world but recently I'm top 10, I shouldn't be top 500 farmer, but today I'll set a new world record for res plundered, I was an appalling sniper before the tools appeared, I could, and still can, send a sub second train manually, but I've been deskilled there too, all automatic....yet still like the proverbial turd I mentioned I bubble to the top.

If your statement held any truth I'd never reach the top 1000 rankings, let alone top 10 with my abilities, sorry buddy but the players don't get better and better, only the tools, using "better" in a very loose way there too.....................high activity and basic skills are the only requirements to succeed now..

edit for spelling

styv

Reaction score
Hi everyone. This is a great thread! I have been rimmed on every world I played, both here, TW2 EN and US. I guess I am not that good. I can find pride in that. :) Like my sons always say, "Dad, Not EPIC, just fail". Almost my hero's motto. ;) I still play. uh- just a thought for everyone, I am NOT asking to be rimmed on 110. :)

I started on W27 - it is probably the most disrespected world ever. I think it was experimental and pretty much given up on? I had no idea what I was doing - not sure that has changed much. ;) One thing about it that I absolutely loved was the tribal wars culture. Everyone really tried to play the role. I talked medieval all the time. So did many, many others! My tribe was the most important thing to me. I do not remeber people moving from tribe to tribe like now. Sort of like old-time football and baseball teams. My team FTW!

And yes, pretty much everything was manual. It reminds me of calculators. Yes, calculators - I'm pretty old. I remember when they came into my high school. Teachers would not allow anyone to use them. It was - learn how to do the work. Then use the calculator. - if you can figure out how. Soooo - early TW was pre-calculator. ;) Yes, in the "older" days, I had my notepad, hand-made "spreadsheets", long math problems , huge headaches, massive use of forums, and PMed everyone. If you wanted to "cheat", you had to practically be a programmer/hacker. I was not one and never figured out how to use scirpts and bookmarks. Oh, well....

Now, there are tons of tools and pp to use. I have no idea how, so even today I am still using the non-graphic, "classic" overviews. I still use my notepad and spreadsheets. I want to learn, believe me, just not sure I have the time or can. I still work all day and have 120 people that depend on me to lead them. Also, I do not have Windows or Mac, so I don't even know if there are any "cheats" I could use even if I wanted to. If someone can help me figure out how to do that on a Chromebook, I would be appreciative. :)

I think that the "new" way is even harder to learn than before. Too many tools. Too much automation for an old man. I just saw, if I spend enough money, I don't even need to farm. I can buy resources! Wow! All the other things like easier defense and offense just overwhelm me. It is almost like you don't have time for diplomacy, tribal leadership and especially, making great friends (my main reason for playing!).

In my humble opinion, much has been lost over the years. Some things remain the same though, my committment to making friends, my hope to play honorably with my friends and foes alike, to respect and appreciate all players, being a bit "salty", and keeping this great TW culture alive! I just hope I do not embarrass my tribe and friends - too much. ;)

I think everyone on this post is great! Elite no matter the era. We may have different opinions and methods, but every single one of us is good for this game. I respect the old-timers and the "newer" players (like me once again). I believe it is ALL of us that are going to keep this game going, bring new players in, and have a great time. :)

Enjoy the wars friends - and THANK YOU for being just the right Great Warriors I need in my TW life right now!

DeletedUser124156

I wish more forum threads were like this one. It's a great read and their are valid points on both sides of the argument. Far more entertaining than watching the same 5 trolls argue back and forth like normal.

In the end it's impossible to compare a world of 300k+ villages to the worlds we see today. Although it still uses the name "Tribal Wars", the current game we're playing bears little to no resemblance to the game as it used to be.

a.K.a elmoo

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Didnt expect from this topic to end with some nice posts

anyway, Im also one of the players that used to play on those "huge" worlds with all k's settled

The game is evolving, so the players must evolve as well. I dont mind to have these pp options, flag bonuses, and other stuff. It just gets more variables into calculations and simulations. But at the end, skill will always prevail. You just cant buy "auto dodge" "auto snipe", you cant have bots handling 20k attacks, you cant have bots to outsmart enemies and thats the main non changing factor during all of these years

Yes, there were less gaps between top players back then, I always loved lc rush and looking how many % from the world lc population is in my stable. But I never enjoyed spending 1 month to build first nuke and noble train to have it walled or sniped. Only real OGs can feel that pain even now :(

DeletedUser41903

Yall suck. Legit, you keep crying that I rim your main then make posts about it.

Aka @The New KING

Just stop even posting MC you are a joke and yes you guys op-ed me after I supported your leader and in doing so you got my main then I killed everyone of your nukes and your tribe mates that you cried for help to while taking one of your villages and keeping it making you guys back off of me and once I started hitting back you quit. I had 4 villages when you took my main and I came back from that to see you all rimmed. So if I suck then you should delete your account and just play sims.

Your stats are very good on the other hand, you've gotten rimmed on basically all worlds you took seriously mr "old school player". Or I mean you gave then your villas obviously cause you dont get rimmed
I actually played like 2 serious worlds on net, got rimmed on 104 (internaled actually as you would say, but I got internaled cause I wasnt playing anymore and I would have gotten rimmed otherwise, you know, like you on your worlds on where you "didnt" get rimmed)
And we're winning this current HP so yeah I mean kinda better stats than yours or nah? But honestly who cares about stats

Let me reword what I mean when I say I have never been rimmed. I have never been rimmed from a active account. Yes my accounts have been nobled out but it is always after I quit. The only time I ever had to quit while in a war was w52 and I have a whole forum about TNK VS THE WORLD there if you want to look up them war stats from me fighting everyone.lol And no your stats are not better just because you think you are winning a world.lol Did you do it on your own or was there a lot of turning on players to get ahead? lol

El Bahattee

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Just stop even posting MC you are a joke and yes you guys op-ed me after I supported your leader and in doing so you got my main then I killed everyone of your nukes and your tribe mates that you cried for help to while taking one of your villages and keeping it making you guys back off of me and once I started hitting back you quit. I had 4 villages when you took my main and I came back from that to see you all rimmed. So if I suck then you should delete your account and just play sims.

Let me reword what I mean when I say I have never been rimmed. I have never been rimmed from a active account. Yes my accounts have been nobled out but it is always after I quit. The only time I ever had to quit while in a war was w52 and I have a whole forum about TNK VS THE WORLD there if you want to look up them war stats from me fighting everyone.lol And no your stats are not better just because you think you are winning a world.lol Did you do it on your own or was there a lot of turning on players to get ahead? lol
I bet you would be a millionare if you didnt decide not to be bro

Someone give this guy a tissue please so he doesnt need to come back crying on externals :(