HC Defense in Archers worlds

DeletedUser

Hello everyone,

What is, in your opinion, the best build that is similar to the SP/HC build non-archerworlds use in archerworlds?
Like, people use (for example) 8k spears 2k HC villages in non-archerworlds, what would a build that has the same function look like in Archers world?

In my opinion, using archers in those builds would increase the defensive strength but reduce mobility enormously, wich is one of the two mainreasons for using it, the other being buildtime. Buildtime would also suffer, if you chose to remove HC instead of spears in your build.

Discuss :)

DeletedUser

10K Swords / 10K Archers ?
They do pretty damage against all nukes , but they suck with MA , but not many build MA's and there aren't much MA's in nukes :)

But i can't understand why people don't use 10K Spears / 10K Archers ! . I used them once and i got good results too , and the sims show something good too .

Rizzler

But i can't understand why people don't use 10K Spears / 10K Archers ! . I used them once and i got good results too , and the sims show something good too .

Probably due to the build time

DeletedUser

Probably...
Depends if you're at war or in a safe place...

DeletedUser21039

I like to do the SP/HC strategy even in archer world, i don't know the exact calculation but it takes way shorter time than any other D setup. Not to mention the fast mobility it provide .

DeletedUser

I'd say somewhere between 9000 spear + 2000 HC to 6500 spear 2500 archer 2000 HC.

Rizzler

9k spear + 2k hc only leaves you with 3k pop space for buildings.

DeletedUser

Umm... yeah? Most I've ever needed was 3331 building pop.

Rizzler

hmm well I usually have around 3600 or so although I can't remember exactly.

DeletedUser

I use 8.5sp/2k hc in old unit world,I usualy start with a fast build in early world,then I use more then one D build.

I think the stronger D in arch world would be something around 7k sp/7ksw/7kar..But I imagine the build time and cry already(simulation not being done so only assumption)

and I guess
rebelcommando said:
6500 spear 2500 archer 2000 H

that this seem a good compromise between a fast build and a strong build.

*go make some simulation*

DeletedUser

I of all people know a good build... I prefer 9000 spr + 2000 HC because better cav defence.

And the 7:7:7 method isn't too good either unless you can manage to not be attacked... (I would know)

Rizzler

Yeah but it's still gonna take you 50 days to build it.

swords/ archers has a lot more general defense and spears/archers has more cav defense.
Depends what your looking for

DeletedUser

well i recently ran a bunch of sims

spear/archer

if a good sized MA comes along. just rips into the defense

sword/archer is a really good choice
over HC /archer

a good build i found was

50% HC
50% of a 50/50 split on the spear and archers

gave very consistent loss's no matter what kind of nuke used against you

DeletedUser

I've since forgotten the build I used, but it involved having about 1.8k HC, some swords, and lots of spears, and some archers.

DeletedUser

well i recently ran a bunch of sims

spear/archer

if a good sized MA comes along. just rips into the defense

sword/archer is a really good choice
over HC /archer

a good build i found was

50% HC
50% of a 50/50 split on the spear and archers

gave very consistent loss's no matter what kind of nuke used against you

Just exactly how many MA's did you use ? A good player never uses over 700 MA.

DeletedUser

In my opinion, using archers in those builds would increase the defensive strength but reduce mobility enormously, wich is one of the two mainreasons for using it, the other being buildtime. Buildtime would also suffer, if you chose to remove HC instead of spears in your build.
Considering archers have the same travel speed as spears, your defense does not lose any mobility if you build archers as well as spears. It is only the swords that slow the defense down. As for the buildtime, yes a build with archers will take longer(but only by a couple days) to complete than a pure spear/HC defense, but if you have the time, why not build the stronger defense?

10K Swords / 10K Archers ?
They do pretty damage against all nukes , but they suck with MA , but not many build MA's and there aren't much MA's in nukes :)
10k sword / 10k archer defense, besides being the second longest defense to build in the game, is incredibly weak to MA and cav attacks. So, unless all you are facing is axe nukes, don't build it.

I usually go with a mix of two setups: 7k spears/7k swords/6k archers, or 5k spears/5k archers/1667 HC

I know Rebelcommando and I have been through this debate before, he likes the defense to always build fast. I am of the opinion that if you have the time to complete a stronger defense, than you should. It saves you troops in the long run.

DeletedUser

I know Rebelcommando and I have been through this debate before, he likes the defense to always build fast. I am of the opinion that if you have the time to complete a stronger defense, than you should. It saves you troops in the long run.

It's true... :icon_rolleyes:

But I still find that the HC + Spear defense is the best in the game. :icon_twisted:

DeletedUser

Replacing the spears with archers does not affect the mobility, it affects build time. Spear and archers have same speed in movement

DeletedUser

It's true... :icon_rolleyes:

But I still find that the HC + Spear defense is the best in the game. :icon_twisted:

That is only good because it is soo much faster to build.
I build that defence on frontlines so that you have support you can move around faster, but i do not build it in villages that i use for long term support.