HC Defense in Archers worlds

DeletedUser

Replacing the spears with archers does not affect the mobility, it affects build time. Spear and archers have same speed in movement

^ this. And if you build the right amount of archers, your defense will benefit. However, going overboard will just deplete your wood.

DeletedUser

Robj made a good insight into HC builds on archer worlds

http://trueniev.wordpress.com/2008/10/25/archer-world-heavy-cavalry-ratio-guide/

To sum it up:

# 8350 sp 850 ar 2K HC is a great choice if you need to rush your defensive villages

# A good choice if you can wait a bit longer to get higher survivability would be 6300 sp 4200 ar 1750 HC or 6300 sp 6300 ar 1400 HC

I'd say too much heavy cav.
Heavy cav is only good as quick support and only then if you have close to 3k of it.

DeletedUser

I don't think so, I usually go for 8k sp, 2k hc build, and it proved to be quite efficient.

DeletedUser

There simply is no BEST defense. It depends entirely on a number of variables - nuke makeup, speed in building, resources used when building, etc.

Archers overall are better defenders than spears. They do get wiped by MA - the thing to take into consideration here is that most players dont use MA very often, or only a very small amount of it.
Archers also have to make up for higher defense somehow - that comes in higher build time and higher resource costs. A maxed vil can normally build 8000 spear in one go, while it can only build 4000 archers. Resource wise, it uses double at least one resource - which in the end can be quite costly.

DeletedUser

There simply is no BEST defense. It depends entirely on a number of variables - nuke makeup, speed in building, resources used when building, etc.

Archers overall are better defenders than spears. They do get wiped by MA - the thing to take into consideration here is that most players dont use MA very often, or only a very small amount of it.
Archers also have to make up for higher defense somehow - that comes in higher build time and higher resource costs. A maxed vil can normally build 8000 spear in one go, while it can only build 4000 archers. Resource wise, it uses double at least one resource - which in the end can be quite costly.

Like i said in another thread, the cost does not effect large players.
even a player with about 50 villages should be able to build atleast 10k of archers in one go.
and defence cannot really be based on nuke build, since you never know what your getting attacked with, i base all my defence builds on my own nukes.

DeletedUser

even a player with about 50 villages should be able to build atleast 10k of archers in one go.
and defence cannot really be based on nuke build, since you never know what your getting attacked with, i base all my defence builds on my own nukes.

Building archer heavy will only protect you on the first round of nukes.

Your opponent will see that, and on the next op, you'll be torn apart by a judicious application of MA and LC heavy nukes.

DeletedUser

Building archer heavy will only protect you on the first round of nukes.

Your opponent will see that, and on the next op, you'll be torn apart by a judicious application of MA and LC heavy nukes.

Light cav has little effect against archers.
and for a MA heavy nuke to do any real damage there would have to be 1000+
I ran the simulator with a normal nuke and 500 MA and it only killed 300 more archers then without the MA.

DeletedUser

I ran the simulator with a normal nuke and 500 MA and it only killed 300 more archers then without the MA.

That's why I said MA and LC heavy.

I should probably have just said axe light. You're running archers and HC, so your opponent needs the LC to beat down the HC. The extra MA will be taken from the axe side.

Code:
Attacker    Units:    0    0    0    0    0    2000    1500    0    220    0    0    0
Losses:    0    0    0    0    0    2000    1500    0    220    0    0    0
Defender    Units:    0    0    0    14500    0    0    0    1000    0    0    0    0
Losses:    0    0    0    9626    0    0    0    664    0    0    0    0
Damage by rams:     The wall has been damaged and downgraded from level 20 to level 13

Stable build time is 441:31:40 for the offense.

The archers killed = 744 hours worth. Bad defense if you ask me. As soon as your opponent cops on and fixes the nuke accordingly, you're out of luck.

DeletedUser

There simply is no BEST defense.
^This

There is only the best defense for that situation. Every situation is different.

I don't think so, I usually go for 8k sp, 2k hc build, and it proved to be quite efficient.
Efficient how? Build speed? Yes it is very efficient. Travel speed? Again, very efficient, but no more than a spear/archer/heavy cav defense would be. Strength? Not efficient at all. It is the weakest defense you can build.

When you figure that most players going archer heavy are also going sword or HC heavy, and you figure the archer's cav defense is less than a spears cav defense, then it becomes apparent why LC are very effective. A pure LC nuke is the best offense against 10k sword/ 10k archer build. Know why? Because their attack power is stronger per unit, and their population space is fewer per unit, than MA. This results in a much more powerful nuke exploiting about the same weakness in the defense.

DeletedUser

First off, you can only build 4k archers at any one time in a single village, unless you are feeding it with other villas resources. And if thats the case, your other village CANT produce archers. You are assuming you are only building in one vil, or a small number of vils. This isnt always the case. In fact, more often than not, if you are rebuilding an entire village worth of defense, Im going to assume you have other villages that lost their troops as well, unless you dont believe in stacking or someone got a lucky hit on you while you were offline.

10k archers in 1 go? Thats 1 million wood, if im not mistaken. So not plausible all at once, but possible, if that what youre going for....

And why on earth would you build defenses based on your own nukes? Are you telling me that if someone was attacking with pure axe nukes, you wouldnt be building sword heavy? You would keep building your spears up because they are what defend against your own nukes?

DeletedUser

And why on earth would you build defenses based on your own nukes? Are you telling me that if someone was attacking with pure axe nukes, you wouldnt be building sword heavy? You would keep building your spears up because they are what defend against your own nukes?

My defence is suitable for any kind of nuke, and i always stack.

DeletedUser

Hmm , I don't think anything wins . All the defenses mentioned here lose to some nuke or the other .. nothing interesting .

DeletedUser

Efficient how? Build speed? Yes it is very efficient. Travel speed? Again, very efficient, but no more than a spear/archer/heavy cav defense would be. Strength? Not efficient at all. It is the weakest defense you can build.

I think 20K swords is worse... :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

^ this.

If you were to have 4 villages - one full of HC, one full of archers, one full of swords, one full of spears and one full of archers it would prove relatively effective.

However, you would have spears finishing very early, and archers very late - so in theory, it is beneficial to spread this load over 4 villages, and even out build time.

DeletedUser

Assuming you use a normal offense, let's say around 2000-3000 LC in your nuke, those swords is bye-bye. :icon_cry:

:lightcavalry: > :swordsman: