HC in Nukes?

• Thread starter DeletedUser82601
  • Start date

DeletedUser

but LC are most common type? or?

//King dragon

Last edited by a moderator:

gompers

If I understand the strategy the idea is you sacrifice a small amount of offensive but gain the advantage of having the HC for defense if need be.

DeletedUser82601

risky strategy...

lets say he use 1500 HC for every off village, that takes up as much spots as 2250 LC

1500 HC takes 0.12.29*1500 = ~312 hours
2250 LC takes 0.06.12*2250 = ~232.5 hours

and correct me if I'm wrong, you would want off villages to build up as fast as possible?

DeletedUser

I made a new thread for this :3

A few things about the HC strat. It does well because the idea behind it is that you can support quickly from any village. The more villages that will contribute to defending, the more villages there will be to share the losses. Losing 1k HC from one village would take a lot longer to rebuild than 200 from 5 different villages. You do have to give up offensive power to have weaker HC nukes but any half-decent player with a tight cluster will be annoyingly hard to rim.

EDIT: I will direct you to these two posts in the TeachU TW Textbook. I don't recommend following this exactly as it was written for specific settings but it has been modified over time.
http://forum.tribalwars.net/showpost.php?p=946122&postcount=7
http://forum.tribalwars.net/showpost.php?p=946123&postcount=8

DeletedUser

another point of it is also to have a much higher o to d ratio for villages so instead of maybe 1:1 or maybe even 2:1(o:d) you could have something more along the lines of 5:1 or even 6:1. making the amount of attack power lost made up for in the increase of nukes you can send on any given target

Hybrid Soul

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Leaving the maths aside for a second –

correct me if I'm wrong, you would want off villages to build up as fast as possible?

You’re not wrong but you also need your offensive build to be strong. It’s not just about build efficiency but also build effectiveness. I mean a balance is required to reach maximum benefits. For example - Having a huge number of rams will reduce build time but it does not make offensive sense. Ideally - You need your offensive army to do maximum damage at the lowest possible build time. However you must take into account other factors:

Yes - Those using the HC strat do suffer longer build times. But on worlds such as this you also have to factor in the Tech Levels. If you are using the more preferred 15 tech level defensive build - Spears, Scouts and HC - The HC strat allows for diverse offensive builds (scouts for offensive purposes or catapults & rams in the same offensive army, etc) but also means when a village is cleared your tech levels are pretty much set for building either defensively or offensively.

Also in time of war - the disadvantages of using the HC strat pale in comparison to the advantages - Using the HC start in newly taken frontline villages means you have a lot more HC at hand for sniping, stack etc.

It really is a matter of both preference and circumstance.

DeletedUser80195

Also in time of war - the disadvantages of using the HC strat pale in comparison to the advantages - Using the HC start in newly taken frontline villages means you have a lot more HC at hand for sniping, stack etc.

I completely agree with Hybird. I was in a tribe on a different world that utilized this HC strategy and it was extremely effective. For quick stacking

and overall quick defense there is no comparison. The problem lies in getting a tribe full of players from other worlds that all think they know

better. ( the tribe individuals that dont plan on staying you know the type selfish and do their own thing). Offensively it also gets the job done only

problem is build time when they die.

DeletedUser82601

On the contrary, HC nukes can be EXTREMELY effective, paticularly in times where you are in a long war, and need more defense with which to snipe. the attack was not very successful due to morale, not the nuke itself.

oh I know it was... I managed to defend a village with 2k/2k from one of his nukes (yea I know, I have a HUGE amount of defence :icon_rolleyes:)
but that wasn't the point I wanted to show you, I wanted to show you that I found HC in a nuke rather funny when I didn't know that it was a strategy that obviously is quite popular.

DeletedUser

but that wasn't the point I wanted to show you, I wanted to show you that I found HC in a nuke rather funny when I didn't know that it was a strategy that obviously is quite popular.
So you came on here to make hoof look bad, but ended up making yourself look bad. :icon_redface:

DeletedUser

you got to love his nuke he is sending.
never met anyone else that use HC in nukes, don't seems it's very effective either

While statistically HC nukes are weaker(unless you use lots more axes to make up for the HC's weaker attack strength), any nuke would have bounced of the apparently stacked village in your report. :icon_rolleyes:

As for the strat itself, it is about tradeoffs. You need more offense, but it allows for a more uniform tech set up which offers you better defensive protection.

2004 Artemis

I know players with several milllion points that I would not consider "pros" and I know others with much fewer points that I would. Points don't prove that you're a pro, particularly since many players have played more than one world....

Unless you want to turn this into an argument on how much of a noob you are, which would be off topic, generating nice messages from Piki, why don't we continue the discussion.