HC in Nukes?

• Thread starter DeletedUser82601
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Ah.. Popeyes hc and catapult strategy.. Im not a fan of the tactic :/

Sure, I see the benefits: the speed and the amount to defend is just some benefits..
I prefer to have some more power in my villages...

But I do have taken some parts of the strategy and modified them to suit me better in my way of playing.. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Unless you want to turn this into an argument on how much of a noob you are, which would be off topic, generating nice messages from Piki, why don't we continue the discussion.
This.
I didn't make this thread to turn into flaming someone. I made it because then I wouldn't have to warn you for being off-topic in the other thread its an interesting topic that I thought people could learn from.

DeletedUser

This.
I didn't make this thread to turn into flaming someone. I made it because then I wouldn't have to warn you for being off-topic in the other thread its an interesting topic that I thought people could learn from.

You should post a guide on how to troll without getting bans Pki - I need something to learn from if you will provide others with the stuff they will find useful ingame :lol:

DeletedUser

That would be a useful guide, but way to late in the making for some of us... :lol:

Oh, yeah, HC strategy. Did I mention it's all about tradeoffs? :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

That would be a useful guide, but way to late in the making for some of us... :lol:

Oh, yeah, HC strategy. Did I mention it's all about tradeoffs? :icon_biggrin:

He sent me that guide by mail :lol:

DeletedUser

it is mainly for defensive purposes..sometimes you have to send the nukes with the HC, sometimes you do not. but when you are being attacked and have an extra 6k HC around the house, you would be loving this STRAT

DeletedUser

I am not certain about world settings etc, however that nuke looks to me to have only been built to about 15k farmspace.

I myself am a proud user of the Hc strat. I have found though that for Hc nukes you want to build to at least 9k axes, otherwise they tend to become just a little too weak.

Yes the nukes are weaker, but I really don't find this to be too restrictive.

What I find curious is that one of the main criticisms of the Hc strat is build time. That said the strat lends itself better too slower world settings in practice. With the ability to stack deeper more easily combined with easier and more effective sniping (due to the greater pool of available sniping villages) the loss of defensive troops is significantly less on a Hc strat account than a Lc strat account when under significant fire.

Furthermore though the axes in a nuke build quite slowly, the Hc component builds relatively quick. So your defensive regeneration is very rapid.

For someone new to the strat though I would not reccomend following the original openeye guide to the letter.

For defensive villages you should run a slightly higher ratios of spears to Hc than you would in a standard defense. 10k spears 1800 Hc as an approximate is a suitable ratio. The reason for this is that if you build to the letter of the guide and have 11.5k spears/1250 Hc in each defensive village for long distance stacking you will either need to put a spear heavy imbalanced stack in place, or take the Hc out of offense villages making these offense villages far less effective.

For offense I would advise using a minimum of 10k axe with approximately 1.5k Hc as the nuke retains a decent strength, has a slightly better build time, will fare better against sword based Ds and provides more defense over a 11.5k axe build.

For early world I would suggest considering building a couple of 4.8k Lc nukes, as these will save you mincing nukes uneccessarily against sword based Ds and reduces the slight farming trade-off compared to the Lc offensive strat. I would only build one of these say every 5-10 offense villages below 500k, once past this point losing nukes should not be as big of an issue.

Ratios are a matter of choice, the fewer villages you have in my opinion the more you should emphasize offense in my opinion. My personal feeling is even with the Hc strat in offense it makes sense to have more D villages than offense at the multi mil stage.

Hybridising the strat can also be very effective, Hc nukes on the frontlines, Lc backlines. Sending the Hc of a nuke with the last noble is an easy way to reduce the likelyhood of getting recapped. Not too mention the fact that it is easier to set up the troops in a Hc nuke noble train to prevent overnobling (more important on packet worlds) than it is with Lc strat.

I hope some of my experience of the strat can prove helpful. It entirely comes down to personal preference, but I would highly advise running slightly more Hc in both Offense and Defense than the original strat calls for.

DeletedUser56732

how many ex world23 people are here trolling? man.....
HC nukes work with the right villas, I am small in this world and haven't grown all that fast yet but I know it is a good nuke and a def too if you have the 10% larger villa. More Hc to your ax. plus I would only go with 200 to 250 ram.

Ben