HC Strat: Pros and Cons

DeletedUser

I feel as if judging by most responses we can conclude the majority of large/successful players employ the HC Strategy in some variety.

DeletedUser

HCStrat tribe-wide. Win? :icon_wink:

i have been in a big tribe on another world and it was the directive to build spear/HC defense, we all pretty much did, and it worked well enough, you need a real active good supporting tribe though, cause you need several more villages if you want stack anything, HC sure does travel fast, but swords fight so much better population spot for population spot

DeletedUser

I feel as if judging by most responses we can conclude the majority of large/successful players employ the HC Strategy in some variety.

i know several seriuosly big players on other worlds who never build HC, but i agree you need a nice big chunk of it, cause somtimes you do need that fast response support

DeletedUser

I've been in several now, the support was ace especially if the K is dominated.

Indeed. It's very effective. w21's SRWS did it (early world) and it was pretty good. Then they went down hill after merge merge McMerge. But that's not the point. The point is HCStrat tribe-wide owned in one world I played, can own in another. :)

Just a question, how many of you build the 200 or whatever catapults that is in the original TEACHU guide? :icon_neutral:

DeletedUser54064

I don't build cats, I just increased the amount of sp and hc to 11k/1.5k, the cats agitate me and on tech worlds the offensive villages barely have enough of the basic levels let alone the cats, rendering them useless for me. Let alone they completely mess up the speed unless you send them separately, making the whole speed argument for the strat useless. Seeing as they also occupy 1600 pop, I'd rather have more HC/spears instead.

DeletedUser

oh i get it hc strat means hc stratagy. and, um, from memory, dont hc take up a lot of fram space?

DeletedUser

Just a question, how many of you build the 200 or whatever catapults that is in the original TEACHU guide? :icon_neutral:

I go half and half with that as I haven't been in enough fights with the HC strat to have an opinion yet.

DeletedUser

whats the teachu guide? and t is the real benifit of this, why woulf you have 500 hc instead of 1000 axes?

DeletedUser

whats the teachu guide? and t is the real benifit of this, why woulf you have 500 hc instead of 1000 axes?

It's even less HC if you look at it properly.. 1:6 population ratio.

And if you'd read the thread (and thread title), you'd see a few listings of the pros and cons?

Ya, rly. NO WAI!!?

DeletedUser

whats the teachu guide?

The TeachU TW Textbook

TeachU was one of the first (if not first) newbies teaching tribe on .net. It was created in w13 by one of the best players in tw Openeye. Guides were written by Openeye, Lord Hellz, Thana Nightshade and other great players. What you see in above given link is only a small part of what the tribe had in its internal forums (there were tens of various guides and discussion threads).

DeletedUser

see the problem i had with it was the fact that if you noble a village and the player had no stable it takes time to get to hcav and while you are waiting you are building spears... and the spears are easy to clear and you have an open unprotected village... it just seems weak when you have fewer villages...

zakipoo

see the problem i had with it was the fact that if you noble a village and the player had no stable it takes time to get to hcav and while you are waiting you are building spears... and the spears are easy to clear and you have an open unprotected village... it just seems weak when you have fewer villages...

thats why you should send a defense support to hold it out until then :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Or you build sp/sw until stable is able to research HC then you stick to sp/hc and kill the swords off as your farm nears becomin full