Heard it was good so..

DeletedUser

Player guide, the total guide

Where to start.. there are different ways of playing.. but so far - the most succesful is: The first village should be offense. Lets call it 'O' from now on. And defense 'D'.
Why offense and not mixed (O and D) or D?
Most players - when they start to noble - need to clear a player in order to have a good village. You can choose for a barbarian, but that way you will not put yourself in a situation where you got less competition around.
With mixed you never know if you have enough offense to do this. Neither do you know if your D is enough to stop someone's offense. Most of a time, with mixed - a half nuke is enough to clear you. Sure you have offense to back time him, but if you can back time.. you can work well with the start up strategy of offense. Why? Because such are the quickest one to grow. As LC stands in the middle of the progress it gives you steps ahead of the rest. Also with that, you can farm easier and go towards your train - 4 noblemen sent away in the smallest gap possible between each.
So how can you be sure you got what it takes to be succesful with a offense strategy?

Activity, effective farming, effective building AND put troops ahead of points - they come later.

Activity: Without being often online, you cannot handle your village. You will not be able to farm effective that way. You can work yourself from 7x7 to 9x9 to 15x15 etc. With premium u can check what you attacked last, so you can either send some lc's with a scout (always do, to see what's left in the village and if it's spiked, u have a chance to see what's in the village quickly). But as u can see when u attacked last, u know if the gap is long enough for such village to automatically produce resources and if there's enough in it worthy to farm again.
Some work with a farm script that u set up once and after can use.. but I am too lazy to set it up myself .. but can be handy for you.
As I won't make this guide too long, find some word yourself to see what it means .. if needed on tw wiki.

Effective building: Important as some get misled and find themselves in position they start to pointwhore. A well known name for someone that cant resist to put unneeded buildings in queue just so they have something that builds. Leave that part.. points come later and hard.
Just follow up this:

Statue
1 - Build Paladin
2- Farm and Upgrade Resources (not too much)
3- Headquarters 3
4- Barracks 1
5- Build spears till u reached about 100
6- Farm and of course, Queue Troops
7- Headquarters 5
8- Smithy 2
9- Tech Axes
10- Build axes till around 150
11- Farm, Queue Troops, Possibly Market 1-2
12- Barracks 5
13- Headquarters 10
14- Smithy 5
15- Stables 3
16- Tech Light Cavalry, by then u have about 250 axe
17- build LC only for a while
18- Farm, Queue Troops
19- Tech Scouts
20- Build a few Scouts
21- Constantly Build Light Cavalry + Axes Only
22- Farm, Queue Troops
23- Market 1 - 5(Depending on your resource balancing needs)

From this point on, you shouldn't upgrade anything else. Just get around 500 lc and 1200 axes before you continue with the following. Make sure u have about 18-20 farm level and a warehouse that can hold up about 18k.

1- Smithy 10
2- Workshop 1
3- Tech Rams
4- Constantly Build Light Cavalry + Axes + Rams
5- Farm, Queue Troops
6- Workshop 2
7- Smithy 12
8- Tech Catapults
9- Constantly Build Light Cavalry + Axes + Rams/Cats
10- Farm, Queue Troops
11- HQ23-30 (I personally go to 25)
12- Stables 10
13- Barracks 10
14- Stables 15
15- Barracks 20
16- Market 10
17- Warehouse 23/24
18- Farm 29/30
19- Smithy 20
20- Academy
21- Constantly Build Light Cavalry + Axes + Rams/Cats
22- Farm > Queue Troops
23- Stables 20
24- Barracks 25
Build a Train
Choose a Noble Target

Some I took from other guides, but I made it my own. I always did it this way. On a world I play now, I even don't use any wall, resource levels and hiding place .. which has no use to me.. could be if you're under attack but if you play well u wont and if you are, u can handle it with your offense.

A tip for farming with lc. Send parts with 15 lc and 1 scout to all small villages. IF you doubt a player is active, farm first. Don't take risk with a farming script if ur not sure about some villages as it takes time to rebuild ur losses. So also check your reports regulary.
So here were the steps to succes. Now good luck :)

[player]AtricMann[/player] .. aka DePECHVOG3L

DeletedUser

Its nice that you put work into this but there are literally hundreds of these.. in-game and in the externals.

DeletedUser

Its nice that you put work into this but there are literally hundreds of these.. in-game and in the externals.

Yep but I heard it was good.. forced me to post it. Mostly because there are set goals for the amount of troops and it's a short version of all the big ones.
But well you're right, im not the first..:icon_sad:

DeletedUser

Just as percentage of the community has spoken, these "step-by-step" guides really are a big help for new players..

I must say yes, good job DePECHVOG3L, for the effort..

And also yes, I agree with Yuppy 58, that the existence of similar type of guides has been "flooding" both in-game and externals

But to be able to really play well and have the edge over most, providing a top notch competition in your areas, one need to be very well adapt to their surroundings.. And in order to be able to pull off that, he/she should know the basics, similar to what DePECHVOG3L and other Guide Contributors had posted PLUS plenty of experiences; ie the "ability" to anticipate, the strong presence of awareness and last but not least activity...

We all know, no guide is the Ultimate Perfect one, but more for a reference of one's choices to take note of gameplay progress and the directions its heading..

DeletedUser82027

Really, fallowing a guide won't get you far...

Do you just flame every thread you view? Seriously? Unless its contstructive criticism or good things, just dont say anything? :icon_eek::icon_rolleyes:

As for the guide, Thanky you! You can never have too much of a good thing :lol:

DeletedUser

Do you just flame every thread you view? Seriously? Unless its contstructive criticism or good things, just dont say anything? :icon_eek::icon_rolleyes:

He's right, also this guide isn't great.

DeletedUser

I'm not flaming anything. It helps new players to actaully get somewhere, but if you truly want to be a good player you have to adapt to your area and not fallow any kind of guides. If you can't understand that then you don't deserve any kind of respect from me.

He's right, also this guide isn't great.

imo, you can't have a great guide, let's say I start in an area that has 1 barbarian village in my 7x7.

1st example
So I just build my troops just for 1 barbarians? No, you just pit whore and try to rush axes to either clear some inactive 5 spears and start farming them right away or go for the lc rush and farm more out of your 7x7.

2nd example
Let's say I have 10 barbarians in my 7x7 4 of them right besides my village, I would probably go for 68 spears split them then go for swords/axes (depending on the worlds tech) and split with that, after that Hq rush. Now some guides state to get more or less spears. And in such a great area that would be a waste...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hi,

It may not be the best or it might not be good to 100% follow up a guide, but as I had good references on this guide of mine I wanted to post it. If you are active and follow it, it WILL lead you somewhere. A level 30 farm before you noble and knowledge in your area as it requires a lot of farming and to do that, you sometimes need to take out competition. It will learn them to time things.. to see when certain areas are having fuller hauls than other times..so they can see when some players play and when some don't. After all, this game requires skill.. but most of all activity.

But like the word 'guide' .. it leads you into a direction. Just like religion.. not everyone follows up all that should be done.. but they feel they need to be led into a direction with wrongs and rights.. and so many believe... just like I know many follow certain guides to find themselves not in the position that they want to noble earlier or be hasty or pointwhorish.
I am an atheist myself :p

Atric

DeletedUser

Just a few minor comments on your guide.

6- Farm and of course, Queue Troops

I don't think anything over 100 spears is needed, if you get to 100 spears you should just LC rush.
- Something over 100 in .net servers is really not needed, just because the farms will be empty and I would actually go for a sword / axe split depending on the world / tech / area, so you can split your attacks into at least 6-8 runs and loot full hauls rather then bring back ~150/2500 (max loot for 100 spears) If you rush lc it would look like (with a REALLY good area):

non-paladin world
HQ 2
HQ 3
Barracks 1
Spears to 9
Start farming
All resources to 1
Spears to 40-60 (if you start getting little hauls don't go for 40+ spears, just keep the amount at 40)
HQ 4
HQ 5
Smithy 1 (if you are getting low hauls ASAP get swords and split)
Smithy 2 (if you have average hauls usually full with all of your spears get around 21 axes, That will give you 7 splits, around ~9 spears 3 axes and the rest to clear off the inactives and land a hit with the spears shortly after to take the resources.)
Spears a bit up if you get full hauls with the split then split around (12 spears 3 axes, if you don't get full hauls with a ~9 spears 3 axe split try getting more axes 6 more or so to get 2 more splits)
HQ 6
HQ 7
HQ 8
HQ 9
HQ 10
Note that if your barracks takes quite a long time to build the troops or you keep getting troops into que due to good or terrible hours (good hauls you should get more spears as they are cheaper and bring in lots more resources, terrible hauls means you get more axes for spiting) get some barracks upgrades in between HQ 5-10 ones. (preferably don't pass level 5)
Smithy 3
Smithy 4
Smithy 5
Barracks up to 5 from w/e you had
Stable 1
Stable 2
Stable 3
Research lc

with paladin
Again only fallow this with a REALLY good area
Statue 1 (get paladin the next or the same second it builds, and when paladin is built use your 5 spears 1 paladin to start farming)
HQ 2
HQ 3
Barracks 1
All resources to 1
After that it's the same as on non-paladin worlds.

10- Build axes till around 150
16- Tech Light Cavalry, by then u have about 250 axe

Really? Axes before lc is a stupid idea, a few axes just to clear inactive players that have 5 spears. Preferably if you have a lot of those get around 21-30 axes.
-That doesn't waste a lot of resources + time to get you're lc out, while you have 250 useless axes to do nothing rather to attack a player (he uses militia and dodges) will end up you losing a huge amount of it. Even so you keep the count at around 200 after clearing a few players it won't give you the advantage over players that have lc and farm way much more then you do with your let's say 200 spears / 200 axes,

12- Stables 10
13- Barracks 10

Minor, but in my opinion you should have around stables 13 and barracks 15 added between HQ levels 15-23.
-That gives you a nice and steady amount of LC / Axes everyday.

18- Farm 29/30

In my opinion you don't have to have farm 29/30, you just need to have it high enough so you have at least 400 empty pop, that means you building troops and uping the farm when needed.

20- Academy
21- Constantly Build Light Cavalry + Axes + Rams/Cats

You should have you're nuke built before you build an academy or if you can mint coins quickly and keep troops ques going you can do that. But otherwise just stop building anything and get coins with farming the shit out of everything.

23- Stables 20
24- Barracks 25
Build a Train

You shouldn't get academy and then build your rax / stables and only after get a train, the second you get your academy you have to go for a train.

DeletedUser

I'm not flaming anything. It helps new players to actaully get somewhere, but if you truly want to be a good player you have to adapt to your area and not fallow any kind of guides. If you can't understand that then you don't deserve any kind of respect from me.

imo, you can't have a great guide, let's say I start in an area that has 1 barbarian village in my 7x7.

1st example

So I just build my troops just for 1 barbarians? No, you just pit whore and try to rush axes to either clear some inactive 5 spears and start farming them right away or go for the lc rush and farm more out of your 7x7.

2nd example
Let's say I have 10 barbarians in my 7x7 4 of them right besides my village, I would probably go for 68 spears split them then go for swords/axes (depending on the worlds tech) and split with that, after that Hq rush. Now some guides state to get more or less spears. And in such a great area that would be a waste...
There are good guides out there, however they guide. They do not instruct.

Also, the above post lost you any credibility. I don't care what world, strategy, or whatever you are using. You start with statue, timber, clay, iron (skip statue if non-pally). That never, ever deviates, ever.

DeletedUser

Hi,

Ok you two skip this guide then. Obviously you both are used to other start up guide.

Once was HQ higher than 20 seen as pointwhoring and stupid .. now it's needed. I feel things change because when someone had success with it, it is seen as better. But it's true, if your area force you to play different, you play different. A guide is nothing more than leading someone into a good way. Everyone can edit someone's start up guide by showing what THEY would do.. but who say it's better? If your area contain elites .. the farms are dry and your competition is more tough.. so you're forced to do something completely different.

You both shown the readers you are good players and both use different start up guides.. but is it really needed to ruin my topic by egoism? If yes on this, then please do it somewhere else as I do know people who appreciate my post here and sharing my start up guide.

Atric

DeletedUser

You so pro, Dark Prince. :icon_eek:

hurp.gif

Lethal Legend

Dark Prince I really think you need to stop preaching, these are a guide to help people learn the game. What you posted is very good for the next stage however players need to learn to walk before they can run.

Stop using it as a platform to voice your own knowledge of the game;if you have something that might help share it but at a simple level for a beginner in TW or just don't bother. It is arrogant attitudes that kill new players off far more than anything else, if the game a competitive yet friendly place with sources for well intentioned help I think it is mighty wrong for you to just flame and mock.

DeletedUser

Hi,

Ok you two skip this guide then. Obviously you both are used to other start up guide.

Once was HQ higher than 20 seen as pointwhoring and stupid .. now it's needed. I feel things change because when someone had success with it, it is seen as better. But it's true, if your area force you to play different, you play different. A guide is nothing more than leading someone into a good way. Everyone can edit someone's start up guide by showing what THEY would do.. but who say it's better? If your area contain elites .. the farms are dry and your competition is more tough.. so you're forced to do something completely different.

You both shown the readers you are good players and both use different start up guides.. but is it really needed to ruin my topic by egoism? If yes on this, then please do it somewhere else as I do know people who appreciate my post here and sharing my start up guide.

Atric
I applaud and commend your exuberance and willingness to post a guide, however teaching people to play badly helps no one.
what he said ^
I haven't used a startup guide in years ;)

[insert large annoying image here]
I'd erm, delete that. Inb4sspaminfraction.
Dark Prince I really think you need to stop preaching, these are a guide to help people learn the game. What you posted is very good for the next stage however players need to learn to walk before they can run.

Stop using it as a platform to voice your own knowledge of the game;if you have something that might help share it but at a simple level for a beginner in TW or just don't bother. It is arrogant attitudes that kill new players off far more than anything else, if the game a competitive yet friendly place with sources for well intentioned help I think it is mighty wrong for you to just flame and mock.
However teaching players to walk while wearing manacles is unhelpful. And hard to unlearn. But yes, dark prince should be quiet.

DeletedUser

Hi,

Atric

I applaud and commend your exuberance and willingness to post a guide, however teaching people to play badly helps no one.

^ That. And my mate, I didn't want to flame / mock anyone here. I just said my input on how you should do with a really good area. In any case I doubt if you teach new players to get loads of axes before lc they will see it as the only way of start up. Again I just wanted to improve this guide and just give a few helpful pointers to the maker or this guide, I'm sorry If I was rude.

Why thank you love<3

^ That & If I see the guide can trow people off on how to actually start up I do comment on it, as I was only hoping to show why you shouldn't go 250 axes early on. It won't help you in start up except maybe attack people, perhaps catch them when they are offline, but otherwise they would dodge - use milita. Making your axes totally useless & wasted, what you can go if you have a lot of inactives to clear them get over 30 axes but not more. 5 spears isn't hard to clear. I can understand people don't want others preaching about stuff. But I just can't stand and look how you make the new players better farms.

But yes, dark prince should be quiet.

It's the internet, telling me to be quiet makes me want to write more. <3

NudistNarwhal said:
Also, the above post lost you any credibility. I don't care what world, strategy, or whatever you are using. You start with statue, timber, clay, iron (skip statue if non-pally). That never, ever deviates, ever.

Reread my post, I've said that I usually do that in a REALLY good area. At least 2 barbarians right next to me, so if you start farming first you get a quite nice batch of resources. After getting barracks and keeping it active you can squeeze in a few resource upgrades.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I personally do not see anything wrong with what Dark Prince. had posted..

He is giving inputs on his personal opinions based on experience.. and I do not see any flaws with that..

If the intention of this thread is to assist and provide aids to the new and or learning players, any and every input should be well received..

From what I see, kudos to the OP and contributors.. the debates actually allows new players to have something to think about rather than follows every guides blindly..

DeletedUser100696

I also don't see anything wrong with what DP was saying.

In my personal experience I have found that different builds work better depending on your area and that no guide can account for everything. In my first world I got mentored by, in my opinion, one of the greatest to play the game. We didn't do anything that this guide says at all. The best way for a newer player to learn the game is to get a mentor. That is my opinion and I will stand by it no matter what. Now, the question becomes how many newer players are going to come onto the forums and ask for a mentor? My estimate is about .01% of them. These guides aren't really going to do any good unless you were to make them available to a newer player with a click somewhere that specifically stated "Need Help" or something similar.

Really, we could sit here and argue which start-up method is the best till we were all blue in the face but what good would that do? The simple answer is that there is no best way. If it works for you, great. If it doesn't, follow a different guide or, better yet, ask for personal help. That is the way you will become a better player, get your name around, and get into better tribes that will teach you ever more advanced techniques.

I've only got about 3 worlds under my belt but I already know more than some "5 year veterans" on the .us servers. I've taught players on those servers what I was taught by Jeroen and many of the vets didn't have a clue what I was talking about when I first brought it up. The key to learning the game effectively, is getting someone that will put up with your mistakes and teach you the basics and who will serve as your guidance and friend for your tw career.