Heavy Cav Strategy

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

As many of you would realise, some of the players use the HeavyCav. Strategy.
Now our big friend and Swords loving newbie - dsw123, thinks this is the worst way to go ever. Your thoughts?

For those not knowing:
HeavyCav Strategy is HeavyCav/ Spear for D, Heavy Cav with Axes and Rams for O. This gives you perfect all round fast D and good to stack. Nukes are slightly less powerfull, but that is easy fixed with alot of villages (Sitting at 71 atm.) Same Tech levels, nothing is wasted, easy to switch over once cleared.

Disclaimer: I am unfamiliar with my own strategy, don't be mistaken by this here, just a debate ;_;

DeletedUser

Howcome a noob like you got to 71 villages... :icon_confused:

DeletedUser

Thargoran owns. (Is all I have to say about this ;) )

Oh go on then: I use the heavy cav strategy. Partially.

DeletedUser

Hey guys, I'm the "sword loving newbie".

Mudkipz uses hcav nukes. He defends with hcav. He doesn't think there's any point building anything else except hcav.

"Slightly less powerful" nukes? You might aswell attack with swords as opposed to heavy cav, as 6 swords= 1 heavy cav in offence. Yet you would never condone attacking with swords, woul you?

This tactic is noobish, and like DomRoxando, I cannot understand how he got 71 villages. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Time = money.

It's twice as quick the hc/spear defense combo to make then the sp/sw combo. Only 20% less efficent if time isn't of the essence. In wars I would make hc/sp

As for offensive hc. Their about as useful as swords. You would be using the majority of axes if you did attack with hc.

cromptonjd

imthebest123 AKA dsw123 AKA fabian, I agree with you. Heavy cav are fucking pointless. Swords FTW!

DeletedUser

I'm with Allyboo on this, I'd prefer having "proper" defensive troops spear/sword give more def than spear/hc village.

DeletedUser

Cavalry take way too long to build in my opinion. I have a pure hcav village in another world for quick support, and although they are very useful, they take FOREVER to build.

But with 71 villages it might not be so crazy to have 5 pure heavy cav/spear defensive villages.

DeletedUser

Okay everyone. Your in a middle of a war. All of your villages got cleared. You know or expect for another attack to land in a week. Lets say your tribe can't support you.

What would you make in that week.

Hc/sp

OR

Sw/Sp

If time isn't of the essence then well the best defense answer is quite obvious.

DeletedUser

Okay everyone. Your in a middle of a war. All of your villages got cleared. You know or expect for another attack to land in a week. Lets say your tribe can't support you.

What would you make in that week.

Hc/sp

OR

Sw/Sp

If time isn't of the essence then well the best defense answer is quite obvious.

100% agree with jake on this one. It takes FOREVER to fill a village with sp/sw. Only problem i ever run into with HC villes is finding enough iron.

DeletedUser

I'm with Jake and Mudkipz on this, the quicker those D vills are full/refilled the better. I do want to spend 2 weeks rebuilding every lost D village.

DeletedUser

Russki and OpenEye are the bestest ever. Wonder what they use? :icon_surprised:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

and using HC in O village, ofc it isnt as powerfull as a normal nuke but think of the extra defense you got in every village. If you have around 1500k HC in each O villages that can become support if gathered.

and yeh swords walktime is horrible..

DeletedUser

Mudkipz said:
Heavy Cav with Axes and Rams for O. This gives you perfect all round fast D and good to stack. Nukes are slightly less powerfull, but that is easy fixed with alot of villages (Sitting at 71 atm.) Same Tech levels, nothing is wasted, easy to switch over once cleared.

Basically Mudkipz is saying he uses swords and rams to attack with. 6 swords= 1 heavy cav in offence.

:heavycavalry:= :icon_sad::icon_sad::icon_sad:

:axemen::lightcavalry::ram:= :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

He didn't say anything about a war though, just normally playing and if you aren't under attack then sword/spear is the best way to go. Of course if you've been cleared you're looking for some quick def you will of course build spear/hc temporally until you know you're out of danger.

Once you hit 70 + villages the difference in def point advantage that spear/sword have over hc/spear will be too immense to overlook.

DeletedUser

i use no HC at all, i always have enough defense to defend a newly nobeled village efficiently, i prefer to spend the extra time building up a defense village which would claim many more of the attackers soilders, this saves me overall resources and messing around with research because if you fill a village with HC support, in the village you are defending you need lv 3 HC research to make the most of them, in a defensive village this is possible but in an offensive village it is not,
lv 3 axe
lv 3 lLC
lv 3 rams
lv 3 spears
lv 3 swords
my basic setup for an offensive village to maximize its potential, others may disagree but i find it most helpful

Status
Not open for further replies.