Hello world 25

DeletedUser

Hello world 25

I read some of the forums before joining and a few worlds mentioned this world as a good place to join and learn some skills.

I have read most of the guides, and frankly i am so confused by them.
If possible can some more experienced players talk to me and give me some advice.

thanks

DeletedUser

Welcome to W25, and to TW if you are new.

A little tip, have a deffensive army, and constantly farm the players around you, that helps alot.

Hope to see you in the battlefronts of W25 :]

DeletedUser

if i am new????
i am, i have allitle expereince in these sort of games, but first time on tribal wars

DeletedUser

Well you would be VERY lucky if you end up in the East side of the world, since now its really getting annoying having to fight in 3 battlefronts x]

DeletedUser

i don't understand, i see i am on the east side, but wats this about war on three sides?

DeletedUser

Okay, in Tribal Wars, the concept is that every player grows hes one village, and then controls hes village economically and army wize.
Now the whole point of this game is that there is one tribe that ends the world, by defeating all of the other tribes. It is recommended to join a tribe so that you can fight along there side, look at your rankings then go to Continent rankings and then look at the tribes there, look one that has a couple of villages near you and ask them to join.

Okay, to be able to win and conquer the whole world, you need to have all of the villages in the world, in order to do so, you need to have a unit called Nobleman. Nobleman are used to downgrade the loyalty of each village. Loyalty is what keeps everyvillage to its original owner untill it goes below 0. Once you have braught that the loyalty, with your nobleman, each one can hit between 20 to 35, means he decreases the loyalty by 20 to 35.

Every tribe rules a continent, and right now, you have joined the world, wich puts you in the rims, the rims are the outside parts of the world, where players can re-start if they get nobled.

Tribes fight for power, by nobling each others villages, its the only way to get rid of them. Now the war of 3 sides, is that same thing in a RTS, you can have up to 4 battlefronts depending how your tribe is located.

Any other questions? :)

DeletedUser

okay i think i ve u, ill look into tribes thanks. hi to everyone else

DeletedUser

Hello world 25

I read some of the forums before joining and a few worlds mentioned this world as a good place to join and learn some skills.

I have read most of the guides, and frankly i am so confused by them.
If possible can some more experienced players talk to me and give me some advice.

thanks

One good advice: Forget all the guides and try it out or yourself

DeletedUser

One good advice: Forget all the guides and try it out or yourself

lol, i would suggest changing worlds, this one is too old, as for the others, you will get used to it, but this one has more or less some sort of safety against bigger players, cause of the morale.

DeletedUser

If your new i recommend you start a new world and just learn from your mistakes, if your lucky enough to have an experienced player in the tribe you may join perhaps he/she can be your mentor, otherwise i predict it will take you three or four worlds to get to know what you are doing.

westshire

Play your first world for a bit, figure how to play and then start a new world to play seriously. That is how i did it, yes people, i am a noob. Experience wise. ;)

DeletedUser56243

This is my first world, but I'm doing alright... and as for guides, the Help and Wiki links up the top of this page would be useful for learning the basic controls and strategies, but the join a tribe and ask idea is he best practical solution.

DeletedUser

If you are just starting out, just try to make sure you have some balance. Here are my suggestions:

• Don't build all your buildings to the exclusion of troops, or someone will take your village about the time you get it to 2500 points or so. Just keep expanding the farm and filling it up with troops. Take your time on the points. They will come in time.
  • Be active. You will not be successful on this world if you can only log in a couple of times a week. You will need to check in a couple of times a day. If you can't do that, try one of the slower worlds instead.
  • Build up your wall and don't bother with the hiding place. This is cheap protection from those who would farm you. The hiding place just costs too much population for it to be of value unless you are being actively farmed.
  • Play with the simulator. It will tell you all you need to know. It's the most underused tool, but has huge benefit. From it I learned that the best defense is diversified, and the best offense uses a single troop type.
  • Find a tribe with active high value players and ask a lot of questions. Not a tribe with a lot of little players, because they are more trouble than they are worth.
Don't forget, ask specific questions when you run into them. It's a lot easier to answer "How do I clear a village full of spears?"

There used to be a great guide that explained all the math behind things like why it's best to use one kind of troop when attacking or the ratio of defensive villages to offensive, but I have not been able to find it again since I started playing again after taking a year off. I wish I still had it. It was awesome!

Good luck!
Rene

westshire

If you are just starting out, just try to make sure you have some balance. Here are my suggestions:

• Don't build all your buildings to the exclusion of troops, or someone will take your village about the time you get it to 2500 points or so. Just keep expanding the farm and filling it up with troops. Take your time on the points. They will come in time.
    If someone takes your village at 2500 points they are dumb as hell, because they now have to waste their time on building that village from top to bottom. Don't base your build off of not wanting to be nobled, that kind of attitude is setting you up to fail.
  • Build up your wall and don't bother with the hiding place. This is cheap protection from those who would farm you. The hiding place just costs too much population for it to be of value unless you are being actively farmed
    .The hiding place takes up what? Ten pop? I don't consider that to be to much at all. If you are in fear of being farmed build one, you can always demolish later.
  • Play with the simulator. It will tell you all you need to know. It's the most underused tool, but has huge benefit. From it I learned that the best defense is diversified, and the best offense uses a single troop type.
    Now you really better not follow this tip, if your haveing one troop is the best. Please simulate 5k LC against 10k/10k defense, or better yet, against 20k spears. Let me know how that goes.

DeletedUser

Wow, Did I say something to make you angry? :icon_confused:

It's my first post, I was trying to be helpful, and I've already been flamed! :lol:
  • If someone takes your village at 2500 points they are dumb as hell, because they now have to waste their time on building that village from top to bottom. Don't base your build off of not wanting to be nobled, that kind of attitude is setting you up to fail.
Yes, on the rim, or in the beginning of the game, folks target 2500 point villages. Surely you are not advocating the alternative, expanding buildings for the sake of points?
.The hiding place takes up what? Ten pop? I don't consider that to be to much at all. If you are in fear of being farmed build one, you can always demolish later.
Hey, if you're into building something of dubious usefulness just so you can demo it later, by all means. Build the hiding place before you need it.
Now you really better not follow this tip, if your haveing one troop is the best. Please simulate 5k LC against 10k/10k defense, or better yet, against 20k spears. Let me know how that goes.
Okay, now you're just arguing to be arguing. :icon_sad: These numbers would demonstrate exactly what I said, "the best offense uses a single troop type. " I did mention that defense should be diversified too, but the point was to use the simulator.

westshire

Wow, Did I say something to make you angry? :icon_confused:

It's my first post, I was trying to be helpful, and I've already been flamed! :lol:

Yes, on the rim, or in the beginning of the game, folks target 2500 point villages. Surely you are not advocating the alternative, expanding buildings for the sake of points?

Hey, if you're into building something of dubious usefulness just so you can demo it later, by all means. Build the hiding place before you need it.

Okay, now you're just arguing to be arguing. :icon_sad: These numbers would demonstrate exactly what I said, "the best offense uses a single troop type. " I did mention that defense should be diversified too, but the point was to use the simulator.

I'm not angry at all, I just don't wany anyone to go by what you say, thinking the outcome would be anything other then complete and utter failure.

No, people who target small vills like that, aren't much to worry about, I won't get into the tactics of eary game play and how to survive and grow... But taking little villages that will consume more resources then they are worth, are not the way to go.

No, the best offense is not to use a single unit. That is entirely wrong, I don't know who told you that or how you got that idea, but it just doesn't work for me.

By the way, i am on the rim. The only time i have ever, if i have, to be honest i can't remember - nobled anything less then 3k it was purely because it was a war target, anything under 7k was because it was in my area. In time little grasshopper, learn you will. ;)

DeletedUser

This whole discussion is largely mute since the OP is probably long gone, but I'm apparently a sucker for feeding the trolls...

No, people who target small vills like that, aren't much to worry about, I won't get into the tactics of eary game play and how to survive and grow... But taking little villages that will consume more resources then they are worth, are not the way to go.
When you are starting out, and you have a 2500 point village conquered, you don't care if the n00b that took it isn't using a viable long term strategy. All that matters is that now you have to start all over. The original suggestion, (Don't be a point whore; build troops) also applies to 7000 point villages. Troops win wars and skirmishes, not points.

No, the best offense is not to use a single unit. That is entirely wrong, I don't know who told you that or how you got that idea, but it just doesn't work for me.
Play with the simulator more. Compare troop costs when clearing a village with different troops and see which strategy is best.

My simulator tells me that for a village with a 1:1 ratio of spear : swords, if you attack with equivalent pops, you loose 89% using light cav alone, 75% using the standard "nuke" of 9 axe : 3 light cav ratio and only 73% using Axes alone.

Likely, the person who originally came up with the pre-defined formula (with the simulator) knew that this benefit of a single troop type is not significant considering you can produce the axes and lt cav at the same time reducing the build time. Understanding how it works was my point in the first place. However, if the person you are attacking is a little heavy on spears, are the numbers the same? No.

If you didn't use the simulator, and you don't understand why your formulaic nukes always have 9000 axes and 3000 lt cav, you are at a disadvantage to those of us who do know how to use it.

Don't take my word for it. Try it. What troop is the best against 8 spear: 2 hc? Against 4 spear : 3 swords? 3 spear : 4 swords? Use the simulator and whatever strategy that works for you. Which was my whole point. How can that possibly lead to utter failure?

DeletedUser

26 Westshire CHAOS 1.532.167 157 9759
3660 AReneSoper -OR- 10.543 3 3514

Hmmm...well sorry for you Soper, but your stats don't really back up your guides' effectiveness like Westshire's do.

At least your trying to help though :)

DeletedUser

genius lover, if you want to just have some fun and get pretty good as time goes, join like 3 worlds, join some random, deceint-sized tribe, and learn from them. As you get better, so will the tribes you choose to join(hopefully). I wouldn't bother trying to take everything thing in at once, unless your a quick learner, because that way, you'll get bored and pissed off that things don't work and not have fun and quit. Even newbs can give you some useful advice to get you started.