Help Please

DeletedUser

Hey i have just made this account. I am currently getting my HQ up to level 3. So i can farm. What should i do next?

DeletedUser

My guess would be, make a stable and start massing LC :lol:

crom

Post in the questions section >.>

But build a Barracks, and build about 80 spears. Then go from there.

DeletedUser

Keep farming all the time, and go for a stable. Maybe a few resource upgrades in there too. Depends on your activity levels...

Yeah thanks, i will be active whenever i can. Got a lot on lately though. :icon_cry:

DeletedUser

Hey now, I am the only noob 'round these parts that can ask questions and not get flamed for it. :icon_evil:

Jk. <3

Go immediately for spears, build spears non-stop, once get to 100+ spears, start building your HQ to level 10, barracks to level 5 and smithy to level 5, once there, build your stable to level 3, and build light cavalry.

Build nothing but light cavalry, it'll also help (with your light cavalry) if you build your iron mine 5 levels higher then your timber camp and your timber camp 3 levels higher then your clay.

:)

I feel so cool giving advice. :icon_cool:

Oh and obviously, always be farming.

DeletedUser

Hey now, I am the only noob 'round these parts that can ask questions and not get flamed for it. :icon_evil:

Jk. <3

Go immediately for spears, build spears non-stop, once get to 100+ spears, start building your HQ to level 10, barracks to level 5 and smithy to level 5, once there, build your stable to level 3, and build light cavalry.

Build nothing but light cavalry, it'll also help (with your light cavalry) if you build your iron mine 5 levels higher then your timber camp and your timber camp 3 levels higher then your clay.

:)

I feel so cool giving advice. :icon_cool:

Oh and obviously, always be farming.

Cheers mate, i shall definately use this. :icon_razz:

Therin

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Purple Pred's guide

Lightning Start Up
(Proven Top 20)

By: Purple Predator

This guide will start off with the classic world build as that is my preferred world to play. Afterwards, I will show the altered build for new unit worlds.

(Remember, the best players adapt to their environment but this build will get you where you need to be)

Here is my classic build order. It is an early LC strat and has been thoroughly tested to consistently put players in the top 20 before nobles. First test world was w26 where I taught my students to follow it. We are now the current rank 1 by a mile. For the second test, I played on the dutch server 10 with a few dutch friends and following my classic guide, we had 18 players in the tribe and had rank 1-12 on the rankings.

(The early part of this is mathematically created for most situations you will find at the start up. The key to this game is adapting to your environment so if you have many barbarian villages in your immediate area you might want to build 5 wood, 3 clay, 1 iron. If you have nothing anywhere near you to farm you might be inclined to build higher pits)

Build Clay 1
Build Wood 1
Build Iron 1

Build Clay 2
Build Wood 2
Build Clay 3
Build Wood 3
Build Iron 2
Build Clay 4
Build Clay 5
Build Wood 4
Build Wood 5
Build Wood 6
Build Wood 7
Build HQ 2
Build HQ 3
Build Barracks 1
Maintain 15 spears
Farming Time
Maintain 35 Spears
Build Wood 8
Build Warehouse 2
Build market 1 - store 1k iron once you have 1200 by setting up a high ratio trade
Build Wood 9
Build Warehouse 3
Build Wood 10
Build Clay 6
Build market 2 - keep on the look out for lopsided trades
Build Clay 7
Build Iron 3
Build HQ 4
Build HQ 5
Build Smithy 1
Build Smithy 2
Research Axe
Maintain 45 spears, 9 axe - send them out in groups of 15 sp and 3 axe
Build Iron 4
Build Iron 5
Build Market 3 - make sure you are still searching for beneficial trades.
Build Iron 6
Build Iron 7
Build Farm 2
Build Farm 3
Build Warehouse 3
Build Farm 4
Build Warehouse 4
Build Barracks 2
Build Barracks 3
Build Barracks 4
Build Barracks 5
Build HQ 6
Build HQ 7
Build Farm 5
Build Warehouse 5
Build Smithy 3
Build HQ 8
Build HQ 9
Build HQ 10
Build Smithy 4
Build Farm 6
Build Warehouse 6
Build Smithy 5
Build Stable 1
Recruit 5 scouts
Build Stable 2
Build Stable 3
Research LC
Build Wall 1
Start to Build LC
Farm Like Crazy (Get to about 50 LC before continuing on buildings)

After getting LC, you want to focus on building up your LC count and then getting your Resource Pits to about 17-19 or so. Then you usually will want to get your HQ to 20 because all of your farming resources will require you to build faster so you can spend it all while still keeping your troops producing nonstop or as close to that as you can get with activity level.

After upgrading your HQ(on growing barb worlds a level 22-25 HQ seems to make sense depending on your level of farming), you would normally want to get to level 10 smithy so you can build your workshop and begin producing siege.

After acquiring siege, back to resource production to low 20's followed by upgrading your barracks and stable to 15-21 for barracks depending on activity and between 10-16 for stable.

Once you have your troops producing at a high level, you then have the option of either pushing for a little higher resources or going immediately for upgrading your smithy to 20 and getting your academy.

Once you have academy, it is highly recommended that you wait until you have 3 nobles before nobling so you can noble several villages in a row. It also has the benefit of giving you more time to build up your troop levels so that when you do noble, your losses will be minimized and thus being more efficient and ready to take several more villages without waiting to replenish your troops.

When it comes time to noble, a good goal is to have between a 27-29 farm full of troops.

crom

Also...You may want to try to join a tribe like Center. They will give you a good help to get started. The tribe was created specially to teach newbies!

DeletedUser

Saved, documented, put in a holy alter. It should be noted though that this guide isn't the best for this world, since there is no beginner protection on it. :)

Purple Pred's guide

Lightning Start Up
(Proven Top 20)

By: Purple Predator

This guide will start off with the classic world build as that is my preferred world to play. Afterwards, I will show the altered build for new unit worlds.

(Remember, the best players adapt to their environment but this build will get you where you need to be)

Here is my classic build order. It is an early LC strat and has been thoroughly tested to consistently put players in the top 20 before nobles. First test world was w26 where I taught my students to follow it. We are now the current rank 1 by a mile. For the second test, I played on the dutch server 10 with a few dutch friends and following my classic guide, we had 18 players in the tribe and had rank 1-12 on the rankings.

(The early part of this is mathematically created for most situations you will find at the start up. The key to this game is adapting to your environment so if you have many barbarian villages in your immediate area you might want to build 5 wood, 3 clay, 1 iron. If you have nothing anywhere near you to farm you might be inclined to build higher pits)

Build Clay 1
Build Wood 1
Build Iron 1

Build Clay 2
Build Wood 2
Build Clay 3
Build Wood 3
Build Iron 2
Build Clay 4
Build Clay 5
Build Wood 4
Build Wood 5
Build Wood 6
Build Wood 7
Build HQ 2
Build HQ 3
Build Barracks 1
Maintain 15 spears
Farming Time
Maintain 35 Spears
Build Wood 8
Build Warehouse 2
Build market 1 - store 1k iron once you have 1200 by setting up a high ratio trade
Build Wood 9
Build Warehouse 3
Build Wood 10
Build Clay 6
Build market 2 - keep on the look out for lopsided trades
Build Clay 7
Build Iron 3
Build HQ 4
Build HQ 5
Build Smithy 1
Build Smithy 2
Research Axe
Maintain 45 spears, 9 axe - send them out in groups of 15 sp and 3 axe
Build Iron 4
Build Iron 5
Build Market 3 - make sure you are still searching for beneficial trades.
Build Iron 6
Build Iron 7
Build Farm 2
Build Farm 3
Build Warehouse 3
Build Farm 4
Build Warehouse 4
Build Barracks 2
Build Barracks 3
Build Barracks 4
Build Barracks 5
Build HQ 6
Build HQ 7
Build Farm 5
Build Warehouse 5
Build Smithy 3
Build HQ 8
Build HQ 9
Build HQ 10
Build Smithy 4
Build Farm 6
Build Warehouse 6
Build Smithy 5
Build Stable 1
Recruit 5 scouts
Build Stable 2
Build Stable 3
Research LC
Build Wall 1
Start to Build LC
Farm Like Crazy (Get to about 50 LC before continuing on buildings)

After getting LC, you want to focus on building up your LC count and then getting your Resource Pits to about 17-19 or so. Then you usually will want to get your HQ to 20 because all of your farming resources will require you to build faster so you can spend it all while still keeping your troops producing nonstop or as close to that as you can get with activity level.

After upgrading your HQ(on growing barb worlds a level 22-25 HQ seems to make sense depending on your level of farming), you would normally want to get to level 10 smithy so you can build your workshop and begin producing siege.

After acquiring siege, back to resource production to low 20's followed by upgrading your barracks and stable to 15-21 for barracks depending on activity and between 10-16 for stable.

Once you have your troops producing at a high level, you then have the option of either pushing for a little higher resources or going immediately for upgrading your smithy to 20 and getting your academy.

Once you have academy, it is highly recommended that you wait until you have 3 nobles before nobling so you can noble several villages in a row. It also has the benefit of giving you more time to build up your troop levels so that when you do noble, your losses will be minimized and thus being more efficient and ready to take several more villages without waiting to replenish your troops.

When it comes time to noble, a good goal is to have between a 27-29 farm full of troops.

DeletedUser

Village Headquarters - 3 lvl

Barracks - 1 lvl

Recruit Spear fighter

and go to farm

than farm
farm
farm
farm

sorry for my english

Actually. On a faster world with slower troop speeds you are better off going resources first then spears. Given the resources you get when starting off, if you upgarde your resources some then in 5 hours you'll have tons more resources than if you went the farming root. I do say go for spears early. Just not first.

Timber: 1
Clay: 1
Iron: 1
Timber: 2
Timber: 3
Timber: 4
Clay: 2
Timber: 5
Timber: 6
Clay: 3
Clay: 4
Headquarters: 1
Headquarters: 2
Headquarters: 3
Barracks:
Timber: 7
Timber: 8
Timber: 9
Clay: 5
Clay: 6
10 spears.
Farming now...
10 Spears.
10 spears.
10 spears.
Timber: 10
Timber: 11
Iron: 2
Iron: 3
20 spears.
Clay: 7
Timber 12:
30 Spears.

That was my start up and i'm at 800ish points already ( i restarted 4 days ago or so). I am by no means a "great" player either.

DeletedUser

Attack on Amsterdam
Command Rename
Origin Player: Bwah
Village: What? (734|612) K67
Destination Player: adamjakebryann
Village: Amsterdam (311|734) K73
Duration: 66:02:11
Arrival: Apr 29, 2009 20:09:45:224
Arrival in: 66:00:39
» cancel
» Rally point